Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2017 MLB Draft Thread: Draft 6/12/17

Standings, articles, tweets, thoughts.l, Etc on chances to draft Seth Beer in 2018.

Right now I say the Padres are the front runners when your opening day stater is Jhoulys Chacin who was lit up by the Dodgers.
    Last edited by DaSox_05; 04-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Yeh, I don't think we can stink that bad. However, if we trade Q,Gonzalez,Robertson, and Jones along with Frazier,Melky and others..........we could very well stink.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Is Beer and absolute shoe in for #1? I have seen conflicting lists that have him in the top 3 but not all in top slot.

Yeah I just read an article where the players think they can be competitive this season.

I'm like no. Don't even think about it. That's all we need is a Cinderella season with false hopes and boom where back in the pit again and lose our top prospects or lose out on trading players with high returns.

#TankForBeer

Call it an L, starting the tank off right I guess.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Hero Sport top ten:

10. Jason Blogs RHP
    9. Nick Madrigal 2B
    8. Cole Sands LHP
    7. Trevor Larnach OF
    6. Konnor Pilkington LHP
    5. Cal Raleigh C
    4. Chandler Day RHP
    3. Jackson Kowar RHP
    2. Seth Beer OF
    1. Brady Singer OF

Imo the Sox will be in the top ten for the 2018 draft. Draft Patrick Mathis this year to sure up the Of with good young depth in the minors and grab a top LHP arm in 2018.

Meant we will be in the top six in the 2018 h8 draft.
    Last edited by South Side Sox; 04-04-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Another former top pick, White Sox outfielder Keenyn Walker (No. 47 overall in 2011), was also released recently, according to Eddy (Twitter link). Now 26 years of age, Walker never climbed beyond the Double-A level in parts of six seasons in the White Sox organization. Last year, he slashed .240/.330/.340 in 374 plate appearances with Double-A Birmingham, and hes a career .206/.303/.283 hitter at that level.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

#TankForBeer

The legacy of KW, toolsey guys who never pan out.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

San Diego all but has the worst record in baseball locked up. I've honestly never seen a rotation as pathetic as the one they're marching our there, nor have I ever heard of a team keeping 3 rule 5 guys on their roster.

Even if the Sox don't get the #1 pick, they better take the best offensive player on the board. This team needs hitters and bad.

MLB Draft Thread: #TankForBeer

In this draft watch for the Sox to draft Bryce Montes de Oca, a pitcher from Missouri. They drafted him out of high school but couldn't get him to sign because he was picked in the 14th round.

If he's sitting there in round 3 or 4, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sox take him. I think he winds up a RP, but he could be fast tracked to the majors. Has some injury concerns, but is huge at 6'7 260 lbs.

Another guy I know the Sox like is Seth Romero, a LHP from the University of Houston. He leads the NCAA in strike outs but was just suspended from the team indefinitely for violating rules. This is his second suspension. He was being talked about at #11. Wonder what this does to a kids stock?

Not sure why you guys are talking about the 2018 draft when we havent even pick in 2017 yet? IMO our outfield is horrendous and probably our biggest need. Maybe Jeren Kendall will fall all the way to 11, but thats not too likely. Melky is leaving either this season or after it, Avi needs to only DH, and who the heck knows who the CF will be. So I hope we can get a good college bat OF with our first round pick.

Scout's most recent mock:

11. Chicago White Sox - Kyle Wright, RHP, Vanderbilt

Wright has had a rough year for Vanderbilt. He started the year in the running for the top pick and was the number one pitcher on some boards. Here it is just a matter of him being too good of a value to pass up, along with an organization that is one of the best at developing pitchers. They could view this as getting a top five talent at 11. If they can help fix Hansen, then Wright would be easy. The White Sox have so many high ceiling arms, but you can never have enough of them. If you do end up being the rare team with too much starting pitching, then you have the most valuable trade asset in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    Scout's most recent mock:
    Can you share the link on that, would love to read the rest.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast