Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles...?article=13754

11. Chicago White Sox | Seth Romero, LHP, Houston
    Echoing recent picks of NC State’s Carlos Rodon (2014) and Vanderbilt’s Carson Fulmer (2015) the White Sox will be getting perhaps the most polished college arm. Earlier in the year Romero had been mentioned as a 1:1 candidate and led the country in strikeouts per nine at an absurd mark of 15.43 before his indefinite suspension. Romero has since been reinstated, but while the risk is there, the reward is too high to pass up. (VC)

Not against picking a pitcher if its the best available college one, my real hope is either Pavin Smith or Jerren Kendall falling to 11 and we end up with one of them. While you can never have too much pitching the overwhelming lack of young hitting we have is frightening.

I would love to see Pavin Smith in Chicago. You could string out Abreu a couple more years and then Smith would be ready. He is a natural hitter from the left side. Good defensively too.Great kid.If he bulks up, his power could really jump.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

The Sox need hitters, but at this point ... you still have to go BPA
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I would love to see Pavin Smith in Chicago. You could string out Abreu a couple more years and then Smith would be ready. He is a natural hitter from the left side. Good defensively too.Great kid.If he bulks up, his power could really jump.
    Yeah I definitely wouldn't mind this pick. There are multiple ways they can go at 11 and I'd be happy. Obviously depending on what is available.

2017 MLB Draft Thread

Jim Callis has the White Sox going Adam Haseley, OF from Virginia. He thinks it will be one of Haseley, Jo Adell, Austin Beck or Jeren Kendell. But he says an OF is most likely.

Haseley would be a nice fit as some scouts think he can stick in CF.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see a SP like Faedo or even Seth Romero. If Romero falls due to his off the field issues, I hope the Sox can snag him later. Dude is really good.

Baseball America's Mock 3.0 is out
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft...hGQFxVZr20E.97

11. White Sox

If the White Sox go toolsy outfielder, Louisville’s prep phenom Adell makes sense here. But the Sox also have scouted the college pitching aces hard and may wind up in that bucket with their first pick, looking preps in the second round.

Pick: Alex Faedo, rhp, Florida
    Some big changes, Kyle Wright is #1 and Hunter Green has fallen to #3. Jeren Kendall's stock is plummeting because of his contact issues and down to #15. I have no idea why, other than possible signing demands, Jordan Adell has fallen from top 10 pick to #32.

2017 MLB Draft Thread

Yeah Trypt, I've read that he's wanting big money.

I'm to the point where if I'm the WSox, rather than draft a certain position I'm just drafting the best hitter available and that's Keston Hiura. He hasn't played defense in about a year because of elbow issues and he's very likely going to require TJS, but he's basically the second coming of Ian Happ. He can play on the infield, but would probably be better suited in the outfield. Good plate discipline and power and more athletic than most.

2017 MLB Draft Thread

Right now I think Sox just go BPA regardless of pitcher or hitter. And I'm fine with that. The Sox have a bunch of trade chips that they can use to bring offensive talent back. If they like Faedo and they think they can tweak him and get him back to the guy that was going to be the consensus #1 pick a few years back. That's fine with me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123