Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rockies 2017 Game Thread

Probably won't be busy in here but you never know. Could be a near playoff team this year.

3-1 nice start to the season. Let's hope the bullpen holds up. If it does we should be in good shape this year. Go rockies

Wow for as many people as there was at the park today you'd think there'd at least be a few replies in here..... nevertheless another solid win today. Bullpen looked strong again. And Freeland looked good in his debut.

Congratulation on the early success this season and leading the division. It would be nice to see the giants NOT make the playoffs, and you guys could help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Congratulation on the early success this season and leading the division. It would be nice to see the giants NOT make the playoffs, and you guys could help with that.
    It will all depend on pitching this year, but we hope to make that happen.

For us to be 5-2 with Blackmon, DJ, Cargo and Story not swinging it well I will definitely take it. On the flip side I think Gray emerges for us this year. His stuff is nasty. Senzatela looked alright but managed to get out of some jams. Freeland I was hoping he would of pitched good just cause of the home opener and him being a native so it is a feel good story.

I will try and post some important minor leaguers and how they are doing as well.

AAA (4-1)
    Tapia is off to a good start in AAA with a .500/.560/.773 slash line. 6 of his 11 hits are doubles.
    Hoffman struggled in his start giving up 4 earned in 5 innings.
    Jordan Patterson .118/.286/.294 line is pretty rough.

AA (2-2)
    Ryan McMahon who struggled last year, arguably our second best position prospect after Tapia .412/.444/.765
    Omar Carrizales is probably 2nd best prospect on the team has struggled .231/.231/.308
    Yardgoats have a solid rotation with Parker French, Jack Wynkoop, Almonte, and Castellani, probably will focus on Almonte and Castellani just being on the 40 man roster with greater upside.

Almonte went 5 2/3 giving up 1 earned.
    Castellani gave up 4 earned through 6.

High A (1-3)
    Could be a super fun team with Rodgers, Wall, Hampson, Mundell in the infield.
    Rodgers is on the DL
    Wall and Mundells slash is .412/.474/.706.
    Hampson is .389/.389/.389
    Peter Lambert could be a breakout candidate this year, pitched 4 2/3 with 9 k's

Low A (2-2)
    Another prospect loaded team with Abreu, Welker, Nevin, and Fernandez.
    Welker .357/.438/.857 slash
    Nevin .455/.538/.727 slash

Pint went 4 scoreless innings with 4 k's, hit 100mph multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    It will all depend on pitching this year, but we hope to make that happen.

For us to be 5-2 with Blackmon, DJ, Cargo and Story not swinging it well I will definitely take it. On the flip side I think Gray emerges for us this year. His stuff is nasty. Senzatela looked alright but managed to get out of some jams. Freeland I was hoping he would of pitched good just cause of the home opener and him being a native so it is a feel good story.

I will try and post some important minor leaguers and how they are doing as well.

AAA (4-1)
    Tapia is off to a good start in AAA with a .500/.560/.773 slash line. 6 of his 11 hits are doubles.
    Hoffman struggled in his start giving up 4 earned in 5 innings.
    Jordan Patterson .118/.286/.294 line is pretty rough.

AA (2-2)
    Ryan McMahon who struggled last year, arguably our second best position prospect after Tapia .412/.444/.765
    Omar Carrizales is probably 2nd best prospect on the team has struggled .231/.231/.308
    Yardgoats have a solid rotation with Parker French, Jack Wynkoop, Almonte, and Castellani, probably will focus on Almonte and Castellani just being on the 40 man roster with greater upside.

Almonte went 5 2/3 giving up 1 earned.
    Castellani gave up 4 earned through 6.

High A (1-3)
    Could be a super fun team with Rodgers, Wall, Hampson, Mundell in the infield.
    Rodgers is on the DL
    Wall and Mundells slash is .412/.474/.706.
    Hampson is .389/.389/.389
    Peter Lambert could be a breakout candidate this year, pitched 4 2/3 with 9 k's

Low A (2-2)
    Another prospect loaded team with Abreu, Welker, Nevin, and Fernandez.
    Welker .357/.438/.857 slash
    Nevin .455/.538/.727 slash

Pint went 4 scoreless innings with 4 k's, hit 100mph multiple times.
    I agree with both of these points. If the rockies pitch well this year they can go far. And Gray looks like he's ready to take that next step forward.

The rockies are always in a unique position pitching wise. Unlike most teams you can't just go out and trade for a starter if you need one. (not saying they don't have the pieces in the minors) because Coors is such a unique place, you kind of have to breed the pitchers to succeed there, not just anyone can succeed here.

Offense was horrendous again. Blackmon and DJ have been a bit unlucky but Cargo and Story look terrible. It's early but I predicted a fairly large regression in Cargo. Glad no contract extension was given until he proves to be a more valuable commodity.

Senzatela was great though.

It's always great to see the giants lose. The rockies could be really dangerous this year.

I think as long as the pitching (mostly the bullpen) holds up we should at the very least taste the playoffs if not win the division this season

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGoku View Post
    I think as long as the pitching (mostly the bullpen) holds up we should at the very least taste the playoffs if not win the division this season
    At this rate injuries will be crucial too. Cargo left tonights game so our luck has been terrible.

I'm not sure the postion players will be our down fall as long as our pitching staff doesn't get hurt. I truly believe it is all about pitching for this team.

Wow we have a strong team having a nice season so far and no one ever talks about them Well go Rockies 1st place after 30games

Wow nothing 10 games later. This room is depressing. 25-15 after 40 games. Go Rockies.....🤔🤔🤔