Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ciaban

I did read the thread, and I dont disagree, but you complaining about a troll is the pot calling the kettle black

Im really surprised you missed that point

First Sim League Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    I did read the thread, and I dont disagree, but you complaining about a troll is the pot calling the kettle black

And again it doesnt take away from any of the points being thrown around and again Mods/TMs are Mods/TMs and are suppose to be held to higher standards... You agree with me and my points so you are coming to this thread just to call me out on my trolling which I have admitted on and helps make my point for me because I HAVE BEEN BANNED AND INFRACTED.... Mods are suppose to be held to higher standards yet some troll... Then they get the benefit of not being banned/infracted? That is ******** and the topic at hand... My bias/Past trolling is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    And again it doesnt take away from any of the points being thrown around and again Mods/TMs are Mods/TMs and are suppose to be held to higher standards...Mods are suppose to be held to higher standards yet some troll... Then they get the benefit of not being banned/infracted?
    Amen. But I have seen significant and positive changes in behavior by mods in the Mets forum over the past 6+ months. So, there must be some kind of internal dialog about how they should conduct themselves.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Amen. But I have seen significant and positive changes in behavior by mods in the Mets forum over the past 6+ months. So, there must be some kind of internal dialog about how they should conduct themselves.
    That's good to hear. I had an unpopular opinion there, was warned by another poster that a certain mod would find a reason to ban me b/c i disagreed with him and he did.
    Last edited by ewing; 04-06-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The mods in the Mets forum have nothing to do with this.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The mods in the Mets forum have nothing to do with this.
    you overlooked the applicable point contained in my post. the Mets forum was the context for it. plus i was responding to a post about moderation in general not a single mod.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post

This whole thread is about this particular mod trolling and being able to hold his position. A normal posters would troll, he'd get infracted/banned. A mod does the same and nothing happens. I don't think it matters if MTM was the biggest troll since Al Gore created the internet, the point still stands that ciaban shouldn't be trolling the way he does. If he wants to troll, remove him from being a mod and then when he starts getting infracted, maybe then he'll stop. If he doesn't well he then gets banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

you overlooked the applicable point contained in my post. the Mets forum was the context for it. plus i was responding to a post about moderation in general not a single mod.
    Nah, didn't overlook anything. Whatever improvement you've seen with Mets mods has no correlation to the mod in question as he has been pulling the same tired act for years.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This whole thread is about this particular mod trolling and being able to hold his position. A normal posters would troll, he'd get infracted/banned. A mod does the same and nothing happens. I don't think it matters if MTM was the biggest troll since Al Gore created the internet, the point still stands that ciaban shouldn't be trolling the way he does. If he wants to troll, remove him from being a mod and then when he starts getting infracted, maybe then he'll stop. If he doesn't well he then gets banned.
    All good points but dude always seemed to avoid infractions and bans pulling the same nonsense before he was a mod.

Nah, didn't overlook anything. Whatever improvement you've seen with Mets mods has no correlation to the mod in question as he has been pulling the same tired act for years.
    I'm not going to spell out the correlation.
    I am that Daddy Cool

A few Mets mods seemingly (to you at least) on better behavior than before does not equate to some sort of proof that there is proper pressure from amongst themselves or above to hold each other to a higher standard. Proof being ciaban who literally can't help himself from trolling on a regular basis, yet has never got any sort of infraction and seems to have carte blanche when it comes to annoying and unnecessary behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    The issue here is that the posts your reported were not trolling and would not have resulted in an infraction for anyone. The posts came in the MLB main forum and were not a big deal. If Ciaban went into the Giants forum and posted the Mark Melancholy post it would be trolling. In the MLB main forum, it is not trolling. There are different standards there. Indeed, when Ciaban has gone into the Giants forum his posts have been respectful. The example above is actually one where he complimented the Giants front office and then was attacked for it.

For your other reported post, it is important to remember that being a moderator does not mean that someone loses their right to be a fan. This does not mean that they can bait or troll, but these comments are far from that. Simply saying he is invested in the Dodgers success is not trolling/baiting.

For your earlier points of mods protecting mods, this is simply not the case. In fact, because it was a mod whose posts were reported we spent a great deal of time looking at this and discussing it. Had these reports been made for a non-mod, they would have been dismissed pretty quickly because of the fact that they really aren't bad.
    Last edited by Mamba42; 04-07-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamba42 View Post
    The issue here is that the posts your reported were not trolling and would not have resulted in an infraction for anyone. The posts came in the MLB main forum and were not a big deal. If Ciaban went into the Giants forum and posted the Mark Melancholy post it would be trolling. In the MLB main forum, it is not trolling. There are different standards there. Indeed, when Ciaban has gone into the Giants forum his posts have been respectful. The example above is actually one where he complimented the Giants front office and then was attacked for it.

For your other reported post, it is important to remember that being a moderator does not mean that someone loses their right to be a fan. This does not mean that they can bait or troll, but these comments are far from that. Simply saying he is invested in the Dodgers success is not trolling/baiting.

For your earlier points of mods protecting mods, this is simply not the case. In fact, because it was a mod whose posts were reported we spent a great deal of time looking at this and discussing it. Had these reports been made for a non-mod, they would have been dismissed pretty quickly because of the fact that they really aren't bad.
    I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about here. ciaban constantly makes stupid comments trolling Giants fans in their own forum and literally never gets infracted for it.

This whole post reeks of short sighted phoniness and/or the exact thing you're trying to say doesn't happen: mods blindly defending other mods (which many of us know is absolutely a thing).

Ridiculous.

....and this is also a great example of why many users don't even bother reporting posts: it does nothing if the person being reported is a mod or on the mods good side.

Initially I figured he was made a mod solely because the Dodgers forum was so desperate for one but at this point I'm prone to think whoever appoints mods is a very poor judge of character or simply doesn't care about the users of this site.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about here. ciaban constantly makes stupid comments trolling Giants fans in their own forum and literally never gets infracted for it.

This whole post reeks of short sighted phoniness and/or the exact thing you're trying to say doesn't happen: mods blindly defending other mods (which many of us know is absolutely a thing).

Ridiculous.
    See the last paragraph of my post for the mods defending mods point. I'll post it here again:

This has nothing to do with Ciaban being a mod. In fact, I've never even talked with Ciaban prior to this post being reported so I have absolutely no connection there. So I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make here. The fact that Ciaban is a mod made us discuss the issue much more in-depth than we would have with a regular poster because the posts that were reported were really just not bad at all.

I can't speak to the entire history of Ciaban in the Giants forum but from the thread I looked at it was clear that the trolling/baiting was coming from the other posters directed at Ciaban for what are pretty reasonable posts (and one that is complimentary of the Giants front office).
    Last edited by Mamba42; 04-07-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast