Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ciaban

I'd like to think Rush is better than that but you seem to be right.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Agreed. More so a mod defending a mod.
    I'm not defending him simply because he's a mod. I honestly don't see it as trolling. If some other user came into the Giants forum and said the same things, it may annoy me, just like it does now, but I wouldn't warn or infract for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'm not defending him simply because he's a mod. I honestly don't see it as trolling. If some other user came into the Giants forum and said the same things, it may annoy me, just like it does now, but I wouldn't warn or infract for trolling.
    I think standards are a little different though. That's my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I think standards are a little different though. That's my point.
    I see. That's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I see. That's fair.
    Which is what I've been saying. He's toeing the line and has been for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

So you guys are saying the reported posts aren't bad? Ridiculous, honestly.
    I've been out for 7 days and just returning. IMO, the RP's before I went on vacation weren't bad. On the RP's we're discussing now, I do understand why one was reported, can't say if the others are even report worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh, brother. Rush's thoughts on this are so far from how Giants fans on this forum feel on the subject. Call me crazy but I feel like Rush has been standing up for this clown for years now; for the life of me, I really can't figure out why.

Rush and I have had our disputes but generally get along well and see eye to eye. Having said that, I believe he is way, way off here.
    Rush is a fair guy, and we're all pretty much honest with each other. He's not going to say something he might regret later. Take in that some of us have a lot of responsibilities on here and we cannot monitor every post. We're gathering input from others so please be patient on this matter.

I get that but it's been consistent behavior that has been reported for years at this point. Not only has nothing been done about any of it but he's been made a mod as well in the meantime! It's nonsensical at best and unfortunately what I've grown to expect from PSD.

Rush is a chill guy and a solid mod but that doesn't mean he can't be wrong at times.

I think it was the world series thread or general thread this past playoff season where he was 100 percent baiting and me and him argued for like 5 pages because he would pull the same **** spliff has said... He would bait by bringing up kershaw or the giants in someway but do it in a way that walks the line but still takes the game at hand off topic.... you then call him on it he gives you a stupid backhanded comment and acts innocent then tries to make himself look like the bigger person while saying look at me everyone look at me... Trust me i had that same **** down to a science when i was being intolerable... the difference is I have been banned/infracted over the years AND OH YEA HE IS A MOD lol... I have no issues with you guys and think you are doing great so my issues arent with you 2 in general... Its more so this has legit been going on for years and its literally rinse/repeat in every thread he is in and it side tracks any and all game threads because multiple people call him on it.

Dont worry... He honestly cant help it so we can just revisit this in about 2 weeks or so now that the baseball season has started when he is doing this same crap all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Soop View Post
    I've been out for 7 days and just returning. IMO, the RP's before I went on vacation weren't bad. On the RP's we're discussing now, I do understand why one was reported, can't say if the others are even report worthy.

Rush is a fair guy, and we're all pretty much honest with each other. He's not going to say something he might regret later. Take in that some of us have a lot of responsibilities on here and we cannot monitor every post. We're gathering input from others so please be patient on this matter.
    So you think it's ok for a mod, who has an obvious history of baiting/trolling Giants/Giants fans, to say, unprompted, "Mark Meloncholy... so glad the Giants spent 90% of their funds on the bullpen?"

It may not be an incredibly trolling post but, to me, you have to factor a guys history into things. I don't go around looking for things to nit-pick out and hardly remember posters enough at all to form some sort of vendetta so when a user like this sticks out, it usually holds merit. Soop, you and I go back far enough to where you weren't anything but a user and I was a mod. I've always handled myself pretty fair and reasonable yet I would joke and have fun in here. I'd think if you're going to call Rush a fair and reasonable guy, you'd feel the same about me and understand where I'd be coming from as a user who doesn't bring up issues like this often, or at all.

So you think it's ok for a mod, who has an obvious history of baiting/trolling Giants/Giants fans, to say, unprompted, "Mark Meloncholy... so glad the Giants spent 90% of their funds on the bullpen?"

It may not be an incredibly trolling post but, to me, you have to factor a guys history into things. I don't go around looking for things to nit-pick out and hardly remember posters enough at all to form some sort of vendetta so when a user like this sticks out, it usually holds merit. Soop, you and I go back far enough to where you weren't anything but a user and I was a mod. I've always handled myself pretty fair and reasonable yet I would joke and have fun in here. I'd think if you're going to call Rush a fair and reasonable guy, you'd feel the same about me and understand where I'd be coming from as a user who doesn't bring up issues like this often, or at all.
    I never said the, "Mark Meloncholy... so glad the Giants spent 90% of their funds on the bullpen?" was alright. It's something I wouldn't do but everyone has their own style of posting. I've seen worse from Giants fans in the MLB forum when the Dodgers got eliminated by the Cubs in last years Playoffs. A bunch of stuff was said that wasn't classy and IMO was borderline baiting.

You guys call Ciaban a troll but look how your Giants forum is attacking him.

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I'd rather watch actual bread bake than read his thoughts on our team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'd gladly do it, but some dummy here gave you mod powers so I can't avoid your crappy posts.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Seriously dude, what is your problem? To go into the Giants forum and make a stupid remark like that is the definition of trolling.

I come here to read what my fellow Giants fans have to say about our team, season, off-season, etc. Not to sift through and/or argue with trolls with nothing better to do than stir up ****. Go somewhere else and spout your stupid-*** ****, really.

I've about had it with this forum now, used to be good but now they let alleged moderators run wild just because they can. You're a joke, and I definitely have better things to do with my life. You should seriously just go away and grow up. This forum is for and about the Giants and their fans, not about you.
    Since it won't hide your idiotic posts I accidentally catch them just scrolling through. I finally figure out it's you when I see the passive aggressive insults that my ex used to do. You're a **** person and poster.

All because he said this:

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I think if they're going to try Arroyo out, it may as well be in CF, see if he can play there, because it's generally easier to find Corner OF than Center Fielders.
    Either way, 2 years is a long time in baseball roster terms. 2 years is all it takes for an unknown player to go from a scrub to a star (ala brandon belt) or for a top prospect's star to fade. A lot can happen in that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I honestly meant Brandon Crawford, that was my bad, great call. I guess you could swap him out for Joe Panik or even Duffy. The giants have done well developing solid major leaguers players out of unhearlded prospects.

Then again it seems like your average Giants fan hates brandon belt(for some reason), so maybe he went from a star prospect to a scrub.
    A little ridiculous of your SF Giants forum to act like that with him because he's a Dodgers fan or Dodgers mod. I'm a firm believer that posters should be welcomed to rivals forums if they come in with respect. That other stuff is just immature and we're too grown for that. I've never acted like that with my own divisional rival forums nor do I act like that in real life. It's just the opposite, I like to talk sports with them and respect their opinions no matter the fan base.
    Last edited by Soop; 04-04-2017 at 02:24 PM.

I'm the only one from the Giants forum chiming in on this, man. koldjerky and MTM have possibly never even been in there and are absolutely not Giants fans, making them a very unbiased look in to this situation.

Regardless, you're completely cherry picking (or just looking at the absolute most recent encounter and unaware of the lengthy history) and ignoring the inescapable truth: this guy only frequents the Giants forum or engages Giants fans to troll and annoy. Beyond that, he seems to be incapable of handling and/or getting along with many of his fellow Dodger fans even. This isn't just a matter of overly sensitive rival fans as you seem to be insisting.

The admittedly nasty posts you quoted are from people that have put up with his mindless horse **** now for years and are finally not holding back on how they really feel about this cancerous poster who we can't even at least put on ignore since he's a mod and insists on consistently engaging people that want nothing to do with his particular brand of played out BS.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 04-04-2017 at 03:14 PM.

ciaban

I would like to see some mod on mod violence erupt over this, but I'm sure no one will talk about it.

My thing is besides the longevity of how long he has done this of course is that he is a mod... I played with the rules and walked the lines and became annoying at times... ask KJ... I can still be annoying and I still walk certain lines... I am a long time poster though and I have been reported and Banned and justifiably at times so I have no issues when it warranted... I called him out on his **** because its so easy to see because like I said I did it... The only difference is there was repercussions for me at the time and I am not even a mod... Mods should be held to higher standards when it comes to their fanhood and baiting specifically... I dont see Rush jumping in the Dodgers forums constantly baiting... I Never saw moose jump into the mets forum or Lions into the packers forum or just flat out bait in game threads while they were mods etc etc....

This dude is a mod... Like it or not that means something and like it or not they should be held to higher standards... This dude acts like a child and has it down to a science when he is called on his ******** and technically the majority of the time doesnt break common poster rules but like KJ and others said he walks that line that at times is banable or infractable... Now factor in that Mods/Admins outside of my BB Rush should be held to a higher standard... I am not saying to take action on him right now or take his mod ship because there is no point... I am saying just keep an eye out because he is a creature of habit and its in his nature to do the **** he does... It wont be long before he is called out on his **** by someone else like it has been in the past.

MtM you are the last person that should be in this thread. You should see your work in the NBA and NFL forum ! Lebron! Cam! Romo! Randy Orton

First Sim League Title!

What does my work in areas have anything at all to do with my points or others points in this thread? You came into this thread saw me and jumped to conclusions without it seems even reading the thread. I have stated my issues and short comings... That is just it... I got banned/infracted for my issues and short comings and hell I have stated some or the majority were 100 percent my own fault and justifiable... Here is the kicker... I AM NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN A MOD/TM ETC... That is a big part of the issue had you actually read the thread... He should be held to a higher standard and isnt... He should have been infracted or banned to a degree LIKE I WAS AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN....

My history/fan bias shouldnt take away from the points like you so ignorantly are insinuating... We are cool but I have calmed down a bit because everyone is trying to make this site better so we get the traffic... If I am out of line I welcome the reports and the infractions... In fact would you like to message a few mods in my own sixers area where I asked them if I am walking the line or crossing the line please let me know and I will dial it back for the benefit of the area.... This is a serious thread and I am not going to bait or troll you right now because this mod is a big part of a problem that has been on going BECAUSE HE IS A MOD/TM/ETC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast