Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Don't know how Colon does it, but he just keeps throwing strikes.

deGrom: 5 K in 3 IP
    Colon: 4 K in 3 IP

Fun to watch.

Never thought I would ever say this but classy move by the Mets fans giving Colon a standing ovation. Probably the first and last Brave they ever cheer for.

Bonifacio cannot strikeout 3-2 pitch, bases juiced, 1 out, tie game in 7th and a 88 mph fastball belt high. All I need to know about him being on this team was that ab. Get him off the roster and give a youngster a shot. This team sucks anyways

Braves Regular Season Games Thread

Braves really coming through with that timely hitting! 3 times now a man on third with less than two outs and still no runs.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Bonifacio cannot strikeout 3-2 pitch, bases juiced, 1 out, tie game in 7th and a 88 mph fastball belt high. All I need to know about him being on this team was that ab. Get him off the roster and give a youngster a shot. This team sucks anyways
    Yea I don't know why we had boni hitting in that situation

MLB scheduling baffles me. So you have opening week in first week in April and the choice is between at NYM or at ATL. ATL has a brand new ballpark that you can rollout opening week. ATL is much warmer than NY. You play this series in ATL as a no-brainer.

I definitely feel more optimistic about Braves' starting pitching than I did at any time last season.

I never had a strong opinion one way or the other about the no pitch intentional walk, but, seeing it in action, I think it improves the pace of play even if it is unlikely to shorten the game.

3 scoreless innings from the bullpen, so far. With some timely hitting, the Braves would have already won.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I never had a strong opinion one way or the other about the no pitch intentional walk, but, seeing it in action, I think it improves the pace of play even if it is unlikely to shorten the game.
    The commissioner said in an interview on Monday that they did it as a "gesture" to show they were serious about shortening games, not as a solution. I thought that was a good explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    MLB scheduling baffles me. So you have opening week in first week in April and the choice is between at NYM or at ATL. ATL has a brand new ballpark that you can rollout opening week. ATL is much warmer than NY. You play this series in ATL as a no-brainer.
    I said the exact same thing on Monday. Makes no sense except they are appeasing the large NY market.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    The commissioner said in an interview on Monday that they did it as a "gesture" to show they were serious about shortening games, not as a solution. I thought that was a good explanation.

At least he accepted reality and didn't try to sell a false bill of goods. I know purists will judge me, but the no pitch IBB has been used twice in this game, and I like it.

Braves Regular Season Games Thread

I've never seen a team take so many pitches right down the middle

Kemp willing the Braves to victory!

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast