Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 930
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    Don't know how Colon does it, but he just keeps throwing strikes.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    deGrom: 5 K in 3 IP
    Colon: 4 K in 3 IP

    Fun to watch.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    14,001
    Never thought I would ever say this but classy move by the Mets fans giving Colon a standing ovation. Probably the first and last Brave they ever cheer for.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,050
    Bonifacio cannot strikeout 3-2 pitch, bases juiced, 1 out, tie game in 7th and a 88 mph fastball belt high. All I need to know about him being on this team was that ab. Get him off the roster and give a youngster a shot. This team sucks anyways

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,725

    Braves Regular Season Games Thread

    Braves really coming through with that timely hitting! 3 times now a man on third with less than two outs and still no runs.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Bonifacio cannot strikeout 3-2 pitch, bases juiced, 1 out, tie game in 7th and a 88 mph fastball belt high. All I need to know about him being on this team was that ab. Get him off the roster and give a youngster a shot. This team sucks anyways
    Yea I don't know why we had boni hitting in that situation
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,050
    MLB scheduling baffles me. So you have opening week in first week in April and the choice is between at NYM or at ATL. ATL has a brand new ballpark that you can rollout opening week. ATL is much warmer than NY. You play this series in ATL as a no-brainer.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    I definitely feel more optimistic about Braves' starting pitching than I did at any time last season.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    I never had a strong opinion one way or the other about the no pitch intentional walk, but, seeing it in action, I think it improves the pace of play even if it is unlikely to shorten the game.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    3 scoreless innings from the bullpen, so far. With some timely hitting, the Braves would have already won.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    I never had a strong opinion one way or the other about the no pitch intentional walk, but, seeing it in action, I think it improves the pace of play even if it is unlikely to shorten the game.
    The commissioner said in an interview on Monday that they did it as a "gesture" to show they were serious about shortening games, not as a solution. I thought that was a good explanation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    MLB scheduling baffles me. So you have opening week in first week in April and the choice is between at NYM or at ATL. ATL has a brand new ballpark that you can rollout opening week. ATL is much warmer than NY. You play this series in ATL as a no-brainer.
    I said the exact same thing on Monday. Makes no sense except they are appeasing the large NY market.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    The commissioner said in an interview on Monday that they did it as a "gesture" to show they were serious about shortening games, not as a solution. I thought that was a good explanation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At least he accepted reality and didn't try to sell a false bill of goods. I know purists will judge me, but the no pitch IBB has been used twice in this game, and I like it.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,725

    Braves Regular Season Games Thread

    I've never seen a team take so many pitches right down the middle
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,826
    Kemp willing the Braves to victory!

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •