Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
Results 916 to 926 of 926
  1. #916
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,846
    After 7 straight 1 hit games ( and I'm not complaining about that, at all), Mr Albies has 5 hits in his last 8 ab's through the 7th inning tonight. Maybe Beldugo predicted it before it happened! I'd say he's hot over his last two, you got me Bel.

  2. #917
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    You asked why he hasn't made the switch and I gave you the last seven days and a reason why his OBP is so high. But you ignored that. And then you say small sample siz, that's all we have are small sample sizes, to go any further into the stats you'd have to include Swanson's horrible start.

    Albeis is hitting just as well as he's hit at every level. So no his recent slash line is not on fire for him. Just Ozzie doing Ozzie and that ain't bad at all. Albies is more of base stealing threat in front of Freeman and kemp or Kakis than he is behind them. It would just be silly to argue that? Albies is a top of the order hitter, I seriously doubt many would argue that. You can want Swanson in the two hole, I get it, he's suited for it if he pans out. However Ozzie is a far better choice at one or two right now than Swanson. Hopefully Swanson keeps it up and they are our top of the order hitters of the future. But as of right now Ozzie is the easy choice.
    Sorry dude but I did not ignored anything, it looks like you added that part about Swanson after I quote you.

    Regarding that part, is not really the case, heres Swanson BB% at every position in the lineup since August 8 (his called up):

    Batting 6th (17 PA) 29.4 BB%
    Batting 7th (21 PA) 14.3 BB%
    Batting 8th (85 PA) 15.3 BB%

    So this show us that he's improved his patience and pitch recognition, being pitched around when hitting 8th is not the reason.

    As of today Ozzie has attempted 3 steals and I think is obvious (and I agree) that Snitker doesn't want to risk getting caught when you have Freeman in the batters box because there's a really good chance that he hit an extra base anyway and you can score from first. So yeah, I truly believe that he will be more aggressive stealing bases hitting after (or hitting first) Freeman.

    I believe Albies is a top of the order hitter and I also believe he can be a middle of the order hitter, he's a extremely versatile offensive player, if we have more options that can also be top of the order hitters and doesn't have the power Albies have we should use him where we need him the most.
    Last edited by beldugo; 09-13-2017 at 07:55 PM.

  3. #918
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    After 7 straight 1 hit games ( and I'm not complaining about that, at all), Mr Albies has 5 hits in his last 8 ab's through the 7th inning tonight. Maybe Beldugo predicted it before it happened! I'd say he's hot over his last two, you got me Bel.
    We are going to have a taste tonight of what might be the future if we trade Inciarte, Albies leading off and Swanson batting second. I think this is a great discussion TBH.

  4. #919
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    38
    Gohara is going to be a stud

  5. #920
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,846
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Sorry dude but I did not ignored anything, it looks like you added that part about Swanson after I quote you.

    Regarding that part, is not really the case, heres Swanson BB% at every position in the lineup since August 8 (his called up):

    Batting 6th (17 PA) 29.4 BB%
    Batting 7th (21 PA) 14.3 BB%
    Batting 8th (85 PA) 15.3 BB%

    So this show us that he's improved his patience and pitch recognition, being pitched around when hitting 8th is not the reason.

    As of today Ozzie has attempted 3 steals and I think is obvious (and I agree) that Snitker doesn't want to risk getting caught when you have Freeman in the batters box because there's a really good chance that he hit an extra base anyway and you can score from first. So yeah, I truly believe that he will be more aggressive stealing bases hitting after (or hitting first) Freeman.

    I believe Albies is a top of the order hitter and I also believe he can be a middle of the order hitter, he's a extremely versatile offensive player, if we have more options that can also be top of the order hitters and doesn't have the power Albies have we should use him where we need him the most.
    Well for one I didn't add anything. And you know it, it's hard to have an intelligent debate or discussion about our beloved Braves if you're going to do that. Come on' Bel, we been here to long for that.

    2nd pardon me I assumed and gave a plausible reason without looking at the data. However it is higher at 8th than it is at 7th😁.

    I never said Swanson didn't improve, I just think Albies is and always was a better hitter. The funny thing to me is last year around this time fans where saying he had no power and now you think he should be in the middle of the order? That's one hell of a change of direction.

    As stated before his speed is more effective in front of Freeman. While I do think he'll be more aggressive on the pads next year, it's not just the steals. It's taking the extra base to get into scoring position, it's going from 1rst to home on someone's double, it's the error committed by having a fast man on, it's baring down on the 2b man so he can't turn the dp, its being able to advance on a pitch in the dirt, its the threat of the steal so the batter behind him gets more fast balls. He can't be that threat and do those things with Freeman on the pads in front of him. Speed has a lot more uses than just the actual steal.

    I don't agree with snitker playing safe! We're out of it, let him get his reads on pitchers and catchers, to be ready next year. You don't just play station to station because you have one great bat. Love him or hate him Barry is the best player of recent era and Jim L didn't play station to station baseball. Manny and Ortiz are one of if not the greatest one two punches in recent memory, but Ellsbury could run when he wanted. Griffey jr is a hof'er and in his early days A-rod ran when he wanted ( yes at one point in time, A-Rod could steal bases). Ijs, one great bat is a horrible reason not to run. Looking ahead to next year team speed and defense could be our biggest assets. Ender, Ozzie, Ronald all could steal 30+ as well as good base running and ++defense. Swanson could also flirt with 30+ and play + defense! Station to station to benifitt one hitter is a horrible idea.

    More options, doesn't mean better options. I've said the IMHO Swanson profiles best as a #2 long term. However as of no IMHO Albies profiles at either 1 or 2 better and looking forward Acuna profiles as a 3 hole hitter.... hit for avg, power, as well as speed. We could very well see a top 4 of
    Albies
    Swanson
    Acuna
    Freeman
    In the near future. I know some hate Freeman not being in the 3 hole. But you wouldn't hit Clark, McGwire, puljous, or Miggy in front of triple threat Barry. And that's Acuna ceiling a RH Barry ( early Bonds) or Trout like player. However I don't expect that on opening day 2018. What I do expect if Ender is still a Brave is him and Albies to occupy the top two spots. They've done nothing but earn them. Side note if Markakis is moved.... idk what they'll do with Ender. They could move him down to balance the lineup, but I'm not in love with that idea. However that .320 with runners on and.308 with RISP could be a positive if they do.

  6. #921
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,846
    I'm happy to see the Braves youn pitchers pitch well! Good job tonight by all.

  7. #922
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    12,456
    Are we going for another strong stretch to end the season? 4 straight wins and won 6 of 7. These young kids are looking good. Gohara was impressive going up against Scherzer. Albies and Swanson have been swinging the bat well lately. AJ Minter has dropped his ERA from 5.40 to 3.12 with a strong start to the month. Winkler has been good since he returned from injury. The future looks bright.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  8. #923
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,146
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Well for one I didn't add anything. And you know it, it's hard to have an intelligent debate or discussion about our beloved Braves if you're going to do that. Come on' Bel, we been here to long for that.

    2nd pardon me I assumed and gave a plausible reason without looking at the data. However it is higher at 8th than it is at 7th😁.

    I never said Swanson didn't improve, I just think Albies is and always was a better hitter. The funny thing to me is last year around this time fans where saying he had no power and now you think he should be in the middle of the order? That's one hell of a change of direction.

    As stated before his speed is more effective in front of Freeman. While I do think he'll be more aggressive on the pads next year, it's not just the steals. It's taking the extra base to get into scoring position, it's going from 1rst to home on someone's double, it's the error committed by having a fast man on, it's baring down on the 2b man so he can't turn the dp, its being able to advance on a pitch in the dirt, its the threat of the steal so the batter behind him gets more fast balls. He can't be that threat and do those things with Freeman on the pads in front of him. Speed has a lot more uses than just the actual steal.

    I don't agree with snitker playing safe! We're out of it, let him get his reads on pitchers and catchers, to be ready next year. You don't just play station to station because you have one great bat. Love him or hate him Barry is the best player of recent era and Jim L didn't play station to station baseball. Manny and Ortiz are one of if not the greatest one two punches in recent memory, but Ellsbury could run when he wanted. Griffey jr is a hof'er and in his early days A-rod ran when he wanted ( yes at one point in time, A-Rod could steal bases). Ijs, one great bat is a horrible reason not to run. Looking ahead to next year team speed and defense could be our biggest assets. Ender, Ozzie, Ronald all could steal 30+ as well as good base running and ++defense. Swanson could also flirt with 30+ and play + defense! Station to station to benifitt one hitter is a horrible idea.

    More options, doesn't mean better options. I've said the IMHO Swanson profiles best as a #2 long term. However as of no IMHO Albies profiles at either 1 or 2 better and looking forward Acuna profiles as a 3 hole hitter.... hit for avg, power, as well as speed. We could very well see a top 4 of
    Albies
    Swanson
    Acuna
    Freeman
    In the near future. I know some hate Freeman not being in the 3 hole. But you wouldn't hit Clark, McGwire, puljous, or Miggy in front of triple threat Barry. And that's Acuna ceiling a RH Barry ( early Bonds) or Trout like player. However I don't expect that on opening day 2018. What I do expect if Ender is still a Brave is him and Albies to occupy the top two spots. They've done nothing but earn them. Side note if Markakis is moved.... idk what they'll do with Ender. They could move him down to balance the lineup, but I'm not in love with that idea. However that .320 with runners on and.308 with RISP could be a positive if they do.
    Check post #913 where I first quoted you, that part about Swanson is not in there, youíre telling me that I erased that part? Címon, Iím not saying that you added it after we had the discussion, Iím telling you that maybe I quoted you and while I was writing the post you edited it and added that part, it happens.

    Well, by this time last year Ozzie had a .104 ISO at AAA, he posted a .156 ISO at AAA this year and is up to .173 so far in the majors. Heís improved and continue to do so, I think the could be an extra bases machine, not necessary a 30HR player but a 70 extra base kind of player? Yeah!

    There is an entire chapter in Keith Lawís book smart baseball about why the risk of trying a stolen attempt when and elite hitter is on the batterís box is not worthy. Aggressive base running (going from first to third on a single, scoring from second on a single etc) is a better bet, Iím talking precisely about stolen base.

    In 1997 when Arod stole 40+ bases he was hitting 5th most of the time, Ellsbury was a lead-off hitter, I tried to find how many bases did he attempted when Manny or Big Papi were hitting but couldnít find it, if anyone knows where to find It please share. Iím not against stealing bases or using speed as a weapon but some managers tend to be more conservative with baserunners when an elite hitter is on the batterís box, if Ozzie is leading off, then yeah, run every time if you like.

    I hope and think the Braves make a move this offseason to open up a spot for Acuna, Markakis is the obvious candidate because he just has 1 year of control left but, Jesus, watching Kemp in the outfield is cringy.

  9. #924
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,846
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Check post #913 where I first quoted you, that part about Swanson is not in there, youíre telling me that I erased that part? Címon, Iím not saying that you added it after we had the discussion, Iím telling you that maybe I quoted you and while I was writing the post you edited it and added that part, it happens.

    Well, by this time last year Ozzie had a .104 ISO at AAA, he posted a .156 ISO at AAA this year and is up to .173 so far in the majors. Heís improved and continue to do so, I think the could be an extra bases machine, not necessary a 30HR player but a 70 extra base kind of player? Yeah!

    There is an entire chapter in Keith Lawís book smart baseball about why the risk of trying a stolen attempt when and elite hitter is on the batterís box is not worthy. Aggressive base running (going from first to third on a single, scoring from second on a single etc) is a better bet, Iím talking precisely about stolen base.

    In 1997 when Arod stole 40+ bases he was hitting 5th most of the time, Ellsbury was a lead-off hitter, I tried to find how many bases did he attempted when Manny or Big Papi were hitting but couldnít find it, if anyone knows where to find It please share. Iím not against stealing bases or using speed as a weapon but some managers tend to be more conservative with baserunners when an elite hitter is on the batterís box, if Ozzie is leading off, then yeah, run every time if you like.

    I hope and think the Braves make a move this offseason to open up a spot for Acuna, Markakis is the obvious candidate because he just has 1 year of control left but, Jesus, watching Kemp in the outfield is cringy.
    Ozzie has improved and hopefully he continues to. But one has to wonder with the large change in what kind of batter you project him to be, is the motive really just to get Swanson in the two hole? But that's neither here or there, I stand by the fact that as of today Ozzie is a better choice than Swanson.

    Keith Law has an opinion and a book on it, no surprise there. It's his opinion, it's up to you on how much stock you put in it. For me, not to much.

    In 96 A-Rod stole 14 bases in the 2 hole, 1997' in the 2 hole 21, 98' 42 came in the two hole, 99' 12 in the 2 hole. So I don't know where you got your behind Griffey into from? It was incorrect! Griffey batted behind him in the 3 hole the vast majority of the time. And one HUGE difference in Griffey and Freeman! Jr was actually fast ( not a huge base stealer, but fast), Freeman might get out ran by a turtle on a hot day. Last 97' was the year he stole 29. 98' also batting in front of Jr, he stole 42. Im curious to where you got that info? Mines came from espn. But I also watched a lot of Griffey and outside of them moving him to lead off at seasons end to chase the hr record, he hit behind A-Rod in the order.

    Read something on the chat today that the Braves will make them available, but don't be surprised if they don't move either. They could play the waiting game for years of service reasoning. Also that Kakis is such a leader and respected player, they could use him in a platoon/ 4th outfielder mold.
    Last edited by SB75; 09-14-2017 at 08:46 PM.

  10. #925
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,846
    Albies with another HR. His power is showing up very well.

  11. #926
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,846
    Shaky Finnish, but good night for Newcomb! He still has a chance to be special

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •