Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 930
  1. #901
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    12,736
    Gohara struggled today. 4 innings 4 hits 6 runs 4 walks and 6 K's. Threw 83 pitches, 51 for strikes.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,951
    From what I read (couldn't watch at work), he was squeezed pretty good throughout. He also struggled in his first starts at AA and Aaa before coming around.

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    12,736
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    From what I read (couldn't watch at work), he was squeezed pretty good throughout. He also struggled in his first starts at AA and Aaa before coming around.
    Yes, he did. Although Snit did say he's not sure if Gohara will make another start. I would bet he would, though.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  4. #904
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,951
    The ONLY reason he shouldn't get another start is if they are worried about his innings. If they aren't, he needs to get a few more starts in to "audition" for next year. Same goes for Fried.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,186
    Bowman twetted that he will make another start Tuesday, Snit was a bit frustrated when he made the comments about Gohara.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Bowman twetted that he will make another start Tuesday, Snit was a bit frustrated when he made the comments about Gohara.
    He was frustrated with Gohara? But he keeps running Folty and walk machine Newcomb out there? Settle down Snit, it was his first start, and I saw a lot more upside in Gohara, then both Folty and Newcomb.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    He was frustrated with Gohara? But he keeps running Folty and walk machine Newcomb out there? Settle down Snit, it was his first start, and I saw a lot more upside in Gohara, then both Folty and Newcomb.
    He was probably frustrated with the lost because I agree with you, there's no way it has anything to do with Gohara.

  8. #908
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    He was probably frustrated with the lost because I agree with you, there's no way it has anything to do with Gohara.
    That makes more sense. Gohara got squeezed a lot.

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,905
    It's so slow without having Acuna to talk about......... so with that in mind and assuming Acuna is up next season, how would you set the everyday line up? And who goes to make room for Acuna?
    Last edited by SB75; 09-11-2017 at 07:18 AM.

  10. #910
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    It's so slow without having Acuna to talk about......... so with that in mind and assuming Acuna is up next season, how would you set the everyday line up? And who goes to make room for Acuna?
    Depends on catch next year. I think Carmargo takes over 3rd. I see Acuna at 5.

    Inciarte
    Albies
    Freeman
    Kemp
    Acuna
    C/camargo
    C/camargo
    Swanson

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Depends on catch next year. I think Carmargo takes over 3rd. I see Acuna at 5.

    Inciarte
    Albies
    Freeman
    Kemp
    Acuna
    C/camargo
    C/camargo
    Swanson
    Swnason is putting up better at bats than Albies, not a knock on albies, he's been great, but Swanson goes deeper in counts and looks a lot more experienced. Since august he has a .437 OBP with 17.6 BB% that's absurd, that's Votto lite, in fact I don't understand why Snit hasn't made the switch yet because Albies has shown more power so he should be hitting in the middle of the lineup right now.

    With Acuna this will be my lineup.

    Inciarte
    Swanson
    Freeman
    Kemp
    Albies
    Acuna
    Flowers/Suzuki
    Camargo/Ruiz
    Pitcher

    I think Acuna could develop into a Jose Ramirez type of player, he's making very hard contact and I believe he will be a .450 SLG hitter next year with a bunch of triples.

  12. #912
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Swnason is putting up better at bats than Albies, not a knock on albies, he's been great, but Swanson goes deeper in counts and looks a lot more experienced. Since august he has a .437 OBP with 17.6 BB% that's absurd, that's Votto lite, in fact I don't understand why Snit hasn't made the switch yet because Albies has shown more power so he should be hitting in the middle of the lineup right now.

    With Acuna this will be my lineup.

    Inciarte
    Swanson
    Freeman
    Kemp
    Albies
    Acuna
    Flowers/Suzuki
    Camargo/Ruiz
    Pitcher

    I think Acuna could develop into a Jose Ramirez type of player, he's making very hard contact and I believe he will be a .450 SLG hitter next year with a bunch of triples.
    ????

    Last 7 days.

    Swanson .222/.417/.278/.695 1sb 6bb 6ks
    Albies. .267/.324/400/.757 1sb 9bb 19ks

    In the two hole.
    Swanson .141/.163/.218/.381 0sb 2bb 22ks
    Albies. . 306/.386/.388/.774 0sb 7bb 11k's

    I don't see an argument for the switch? TBH Swanson's OBP is through the roof, however how much of that is pitching around him to get to the pitcher. Batting in the 8 hole can be a tricky OBP to narrate for an NL team. We know Albies can run and run well. Puting him lower in the order will nullify one of his best tools. Swanson can also run to be fair, however he has looked a lot more comfortable at the bottom half of the order, than he did at the top. I also want to say Albies has a 6 or 7 game hit streak going, by no means is on fire! But consistent he has been. As far as long term, I think Albies dose profile more as a lead-off and Swanson as a 2, but for now I see no reason to make the switch.

    To start the year I'd go.....

    Inciatre
    Albies
    Freeman
    Markakis
    Acuna
    Flowers
    Swanson
    Cargo .... if he is the 3B man

    So I think the Braves will move Kemp.
    If all goes well I think the year could end....
    Albies
    Inciarte
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Swanson
    Markakis
    Flowers
    Cargo

    Yep I'm picking Acuna to be the 3 hole guy and have 3 guys with good OBP and speed in front of Freeman. I'm also picking Swanson's power to show up. If it doesn't and he keeps that Insane OBP..... I wouldn't be surprised to see this....
    Swanson
    Albies
    Acuna
    Freeman
    Flowers
    Inciarte
    Cargo.

    I gues the only players offense I don't have a tone of optimism for is Cargo. He played very well for us this year! And I invite him to prove me wrong and continue to be a .300 hitter. I just have more interest and optimism for Swanson, Albies, Acuna, and Inciarte.
    Last edited by SB75; 09-11-2017 at 07:21 PM.

  13. #913
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,186
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    ????

    Last 7 days.

    Swanson .222/.417/.278/.695 1sb 6bb 6ks
    Albies. .267/.324/400/.757 1sb 9bb 19ks

    In the two hole.
    Swanson .141/.163/.218/.381 0sb 2bb 22ks
    Albies. . 306/.386/.388/.774 0sb 7bb 11k's

    I don't see an argument for the switch? We know Albies can run and run well. Puting him lower in the order will nullify one of his best tools. Swanson can also run to be fair, however he has looked a lot more comfortable at the bottom half of the order, than he did at the top. I also want to say Albies has a 6 or 7 game hit streak going, by no means is on fire! But consistent he has been. As far as long term, I think Albies dose profile more as a lead-off and Swanson as a 2, but for now I see no reason to make the switch.
    Curious why you responded with "???" And then show us a really small sample size of the last 7 days where Swanson has an incredible high OBP?

    Comparing the two players hitting in the two hole is absolutely unfair, because Swanson hasn't hit second since early in the season where he was sucking everywhere in the lineup. Why you think hitting him 5th will nullify him being a base stealer threat? All of a sudden he will start running slower because he's hitting 5th? And is not that he's been very aggresive so far just two stolen base attempt.

    Albies is on fire, stop looking at really small sample size of 6-7 games, in the last calendar month he's hitting .305/.359/.466

    In my opinion Albies has the skillset to hit anywhere in the lineup and I also think that Swanson will be better getting on base and he's been the last month and a half, Snitker probably won't make the switch because he just wants to go with the flow, but he should make the switch and hit Albies 5th.

  14. #914
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,186
    I mentioned earlier that Albies looks to me a lot like Jose Ramirez and I found something really interesting.

    Jose Ramirez 2016: .312/.363/.462 those numbers are in line to what Albies has done in the last calendar month and based on Ozzie's skillset and pedigree I think is not out of the realm of possibilities that he can perform like that for a full season.

    If you see Ramirez situational stats in 2016 you'll see that out of his 565 AB he hit 313 in the 5th hole and 145 AB in the 6th hole. We're talking about a team that went to the world series, I guess that there is at least another manager who thinks like me.

  15. #915
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,905
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Curious why you responded with "???" And then show us a really small sample size of the last 7 days where Swanson has an incredible high OBP?

    Comparing the two players hitting in the two hole is absolutely unfair, because Swanson hasn't hit second since early in the season where he was sucking everywhere in the lineup. Why you think hitting him 5th will nullify him being a base stealer threat? All of a sudden he will start running slower because he's hitting 5th? And is not that he's been very aggresive so far just two stolen base attempt.

    Albies is on fire, stop looking at really small sample size of 6-7 games, in the last calendar month he's hitting .305/.359/.466

    In my opinion Albies has the skillset to hit anywhere in the lineup and I also think that Swanson will be better getting on base and he's been the last month and a half, Snitker probably won't make the switch because he just wants to go with the flow, but he should make the switch and hit Albies 5th.
    You asked why he hasn't made the switch and I gave you the last seven days and a reason why his OBP is so high. But you ignored that. And then you say small sample siz, that's all we have are small sample sizes, to go any further into the stats you'd have to include Swanson's horrible start.

    Albeis is hitting just as well as he's hit at every level. So no his recent slash line is not on fire for him. Just Ozzie doing Ozzie and that ain't bad at all. Albies is more of base stealing threat in front of Freeman and kemp or Kakis than he is behind them. It would just be silly to argue that? Albies is a top of the order hitter, I seriously doubt many would argue that. You can want Swanson in the two hole, I get it, he's suited for it if he pans out. However Ozzie is a far better choice at one or two right now than Swanson. Hopefully Swanson keeps it up and they are our top of the order hitters of the future. But as of right now Ozzie is the easy choice.

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •