Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It's a bit annoying that every time Johnson pitches it becomes an ordeal. He's blown 7 saves, 4 of which we ended up losing the game. I'm tired of him in that role, honestly. We should either move him to another team or to another role in the bullpen. May as well roll with Viz as the closer IMO, there is no downside.
    Viz is too inconsistent. I'd rather see Morris get a chance to close. What was Snit thinking sitting Ender as well as he has torn up Arizona pitching? He should have sat him a game in LA. Snit is good at getting the team to play hard but not a good game manager.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Snitker is making some head scratching decisions with the lineup, why does he keep hitting Markakis 5th? We need Adams in that spot and really Danny Santana leading up yesterday?

Markakis has been real solid with RISP all year.

Ender sat being he had played every game this year, let the man have a day off.

I have been totally fine with what Snit has done this year, can't always make the right call 100% of the time but he has been right alot more than he has been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Markakis has been real solid with RISP all year.

Ender sat being he had played every game this year, let the man have a day off.

I have been totally fine with what Snit has done this year, can't always make the right call 100% of the time but he has been right alot more than he has been wrong.
    I get Inciarte day off, he deserves it, but why Santana batting first? Camargo is certainly a better option in this scenario, why give more at bats to arguably the worst hitter in yesterday lineup?.

Adams has also been really good with RISP and better overall, no reason to hit him 7th last night.

Snitker has been nice but these are such an obvious decisions that he should get it right 100% of the time.

Just saw this on twitter:

Mike Foltynewicz's 115th pitch of the night was 99 mph.
    Pitch 118 was 98.
    Pitch 119 was a 92 mph slider that strikes David Peralta out.

I really miss Gattis being on this team but man Folty could be reallllyyyyyy good

Braves Regular Season Games Thread

Braves win Game 2 in Arizona, 8-3. Suzuki with two more homers, Camargo and Kemp also go yard and Folty shows the guts of a cat burglar to get out of the sixth inning. Folty has really figured things out giving up 3 ER or less in 17 of his last 20 starts to match his win total (9) from all of last season. The Braves have won 12 of Folty's last 14 starts and nine in a row.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I get Inciarte day off, he deserves it, but why Santana batting first? Camargo is certainly a better option in this scenario, why give more at bats to arguably the worst hitter in yesterday lineup?.

Adams has also been really good with RISP and better overall, no reason to hit him 7th last night.

Snitker has been nice but these are such an obvious decisions that he should get it right 100% of the time.
    I would have bumped Freddie to leadoff and Adams to third. Gets Freddie and Adams an extra at bat and Freddie gets on base at amazing clip so it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Just saw this on twitter:

Mike Foltynewicz's 115th pitch of the night was 99 mph.
    Pitch 118 was 98.
    Pitch 119 was a 92 mph slider that strikes David Peralta out.

I really miss Gattis being on this team but man Folty could be reallllyyyyyy good
    Folty is already a mid-rotation starter (#3-#4), he needs to improve a little his control and homers allowed to ascend to number 2 starter, I think is possible, like you say he has the stuff and the youth to do it. He'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I would have bumped Freddie to leadoff and Adams to third. Gets Freddie and Adams an extra at bat and Freddie gets on base at amazing clip so it would work.
    Well, there's been a lot of studies about how a manager should build a lineup, the consensus is that your best hitter should be hitting second (instead of third), because it gives them close to 20-30 more PA a year, that may sound little, but is free, you can take advantage of that at no cost. You don't suposed to make your best hitter the leadof guy because he will come to the plate without runners on at a higher clip.

I understand why Snitker doesn't hit Freeman second though, Inciarte or Markakis should be hitting first and Ender is the better runner so he's the better option, Phillips is like an old school number two hitter, get on base at a decent clip, doesn't strikeout much and is a guy that will try to move runners up even for the price of an out, he shouldn't be the prototypical number 2 hitter in today baseball though. Markakis by definition has the characteristics of a number 3 hitter, he gets on base at a very good clip and is not the best power hitter on the team.

So the ideal top of the lineup should be Inciarte-Freeman-Markakis, since they all are LHH it will be a nightmare against top LH starters/relievers so that's why Snitker doesn't hit Freeman second and I agree. I wouldn't touch the top of the lineup, I think is good the way it is build right now. Basically the only change I make is hitting Adams 5th and Markakis 6th vs RHP and 7th vs LHP (I will start giving him day offs vs LHP and use SRod in RF).

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Well, there's been a lot of studies about how a manager should build a lineup, the consensus is that your best hitter should be hitting second (instead of third), because it gives them close to 20-30 more PA a year, that may sound little, but is free, you can take advantage of that at no cost. You don't suposed to make your best hitter the leadof guy because he will come to the plate without runners on at a higher clip.

I understand why Snitker doesn't hit Freeman second though, Inciarte or Markakis should be hitting first and Ender is the better runner so he's the better option, Phillips is like an old school number two hitter, get on base at a decent clip, doesn't strikeout much and is a guy that will try to move runners up even for the price of an out, he shouldn't be the prototypical number 2 hitter in today baseball though. Markakis by definition has the characteristics of a number 3 hitter, he gets on base at a very good clip and is not the best power hitter on the team.

So the ideal top of the lineup should be Inciarte-Freeman-Markakis, since they all are LHH it will be a nightmare against top LH starters/relievers so that's why Snitker doesn't hit Freeman second and I agree. I wouldn't touch the top of the lineup, I think is good the way it is build right now. Basically the only change I make is hitting Adams 5th and Markakis 6th vs RHP and 7th vs LHP (I will start giving him day offs vs LHP and use SRod in RF).
    Oh I've read the studies and if I made the lineup I probably would hit FF 2nd. I was just going on the one game without Ender out.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Oh I've read the studies and if I made the lineup I probably would hit FF 2nd. I was just going on the one game without Ender out.
    Oh yeah, that would have been a good choice for that game.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647