Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
    Ozzie usually starts slowly and adjusts when he moves to a new level if I remember correctly. He is young and a good hitter, so I am nowhere near concerned yet. I think letting him learn and have the off season to make adjustments is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Ozzie usually starts slowly and adjusts when he moves to a new level if I remember correctly. He is young and a good hitter, so I am nowhere near concerned yet. I think letting him learn and have the off season to make adjustments is a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He definitely has taken a bit to adjust to a new level. He struggled when he arrived with Mississippi and adjusted. Last year he struggled in AAA before being demoted back to Mississippi. Same this year. April was a struggle but he improved each month. I believe June and July he batted over .300 each month or close to it. I'm sure he'll adjust to the majors, especially next year. My only concern with Albies is his splits from each side of the plate. He crushes lefties (I believe both his home runs in the majors were against lefties) but he was rather average against righties at AAA. Without looking up the numbers I believe he was a .260 hitter against righties.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    He definitely has taken a bit to adjust to a new level. He struggled when he arrived with Mississippi and adjusted. Last year he struggled in AAA before being demoted back to Mississippi. Same this year. April was a struggle but he improved each month. I believe June and July he batted over .300 each month or close to it. I'm sure he'll adjust to the majors, especially next year. My only concern with Albies is his splits from each side of the plate. He crushes lefties (I believe both his home runs in the majors were against lefties) but he was rather average against righties at AAA. Without looking up the numbers I believe he was a .260 hitter against righties.
    Yeah his splits aren't great but even if he got to .260 against righties then he improved there a lot to cause he was at like .210 early on this year against righties

Dansby Swanson last 9 games: .379 with 5 extra base hits (2 triples). 1.106 OPS
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Dansby Swanson last 9 games: .379 with 5 extra base hits (2 triples). 1.106 OPS
    He's starting to look good again, he's not chasing sliders down and away as often, he's still get cheated on fastballs sometimes because he doesn't have enough confidence to adjust to the slider so when he has 2 strikes he's almost expecting slider all the time. It has been a tough year for him and I think he even change his batting stance a bit? I think it's a bit more open right now. I hope he fan finish strong, it will be great for his confidence next season.

He has a really low BABIP this year too. His batting average seemed to be artificially low from that from the get go this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    He has a really low BABIP this year too. His batting average seemed to be artificially low from that from the get go this year.
    Last night was a perfect example. He hit a shot right at first and a liner right at the left fielder.

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859