Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Dickey hasn't pitched at that poorly, but a two out walk, then the home run to Zimmerman hurt. However, Dickey has been one of the better Brave hitters against Strasburg as he has one of two RBI. He has a low pitch count through 6, so hopefully Snit lets him eat innings.

That DL stint killed Kemp's hot start.

73 pitches by Dickey through 7 innings. If Snit pulls him for a pinch hitter (Dickey would prebably be better than Bonifacio), I will be convinced it is really Fredi Gonzalez in a realistic Brian Snitker mask.

Dickey pulled for Bonifacio who is being asked to bunt. I'm starting to hate Snitker.

So Ramirez comes in, gets two outs, walks a guy, then is pulled for EOF to face Harper. Harper singles, and EOF is pulled. All the while, Dickey rots on the bench.

Vizcaino brought on to end the inning. Ridiculous.

Sweep, then get swept. Just how it is.

This game felt worse than the 14-4 blowout. Snitker did not manage well, and Kemp looked rusty (putting it nicely, though it was Strasburg). The positives were that Dickey looked good, Suzuki caught him better, both were good at the plate, and Adonis made quite a few good, defensive plays.

This was definitely better than the 14-4 blow-out. Dickey actually competed and gave us a chance. Our #1 starter did not...even when it looked like a night where we were going to give him run support.

Again, just lack of clutch hitting. We had guys on base. Just didn't get the big hit. They made some plays in the outfield as well.

Snitker apparently hates his starters going deep into ballgames cause this is becoming a trend.

There really is nobody in the farm that can do a better job than Emilio? Seriously?

I'll give Garcia a month and a half. If Ruiz is killing it....make the switch. That'll be a nice boost to our bench.

Tough luck for Kemp. Not the most ideal of guys to face coming off the DL. It's just funny that Freeman follows up with an o'fer the moment he comes back as well.

Got to step it up against Philly...can't have this snowball

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    This was definitely better than the 14-4 blow-out. Dickey actually competed and gave us a chance. Our #1 starter did not...even when it looked like a night where we were going to give him run support.

Again, just lack of clutch hitting. We had guys on base. Just didn't get the big hit. They made some plays in the outfield as well.

Snitker apparently hates his starters going deep into ballgames cause this is becoming a trend.

There really is nobody in the farm that can do a better job than Emilio? Seriously?

I'll give Garcia a month and a half. If Ruiz is killing it....make the switch. That'll be a nice boost to our bench.

Tough luck for Kemp. Not the most ideal of guys to face coming off the DL. It's just funny that Freeman follows up with an o'fer the moment he comes back as well.

Got to step it up against Philly...can't have this snowball
    Yeah, good points. I agree on waiting to bring up Rio. Adonis isn't great, but we gotta keep an eye on the future too. Not surprised Kemp struggled last night with Strasburg being difficult and being rusty from the DL.

Phillies will be a good series to see where we stand in the NL East. Obviously the Nats are the class of the East and the Mets are right there with them.

One of Lane Adams, Xavier Avery or Me Rojas Jr would be better than Boni. Or bring back back Kelly.

A minor leaguer chosen at random could likely outhit Bonifacio. I get that the Braves have limited options, but I can't see the logic in Snitker always going for him. Using him as a defensive replacement or a pinch runner would be fine, but he is not pinch hitter material.

His BABIP is really low, but I don't know if he'll get enough consistent PAs to let that normalize.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    A minor leaguer chosen at random could likely outhit Bonifacio. I get that the Braves have limited options, but I can't see the logic in Snitker always going for him. Using him as a defensive replacement or a pinch runner would be fine, but he is not pinch hitter material.

His BABIP is really low, but I don't know if he'll get enough consistent PAs to let that normalize.
    Only logic I can figure out is that he is a switch hitter so he doesn't have a "weakness" against a like handed pitcher

Man this team is just so inconsistent right now. I guess that's pretty much the hallmark of a young team, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    One of Lane Adams, Xavier Avery or Me Rojas Jr would be better than Boni. Or bring back back Kelly.
    Not like any of them are doing well in AAA, everyone has high K rates down there right now.

Preface: It's the Phillies, a lineup so bad even Garcia looked good against them.

Damn, Folty has looked good today. 1 hit and 9 Ks through 6 IP.

Kemp is shaking some rust off, and I like moving Phillips to 2nd. Until Swanson shows something, he's a liability at the plate.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast