Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

What's Happening!?!?! General MLB thread

Let's let this be the place where we talk about the goings on around the league.

The Giants sharted on themselves a few times this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The Giants sharted on themselves a few times this month.
    Giants look like a team that is going to fade away fast in the standings but its a long season. Dont want to give them even a glimpse of hope at the division. Now would be a good time for the Dodgers to go on a monster win streak.

The bigger question right now is whether COL or ARZ are really contenders or just pretenders.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

The biggest question is whether the Giants will finish 20 games below .500 or 30 games below .500

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    The biggest question is whether the Giants will finish 20 games below .500 or 30 games below .500
    I think a bigger question is who they end up selling off, and at what point to they give up on this season.

Hunter Greene is going to make somebody, likely the Twins, very happy.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html

Just a random update. But former dodger scott schebler is hitting .224/.314/.536 with a 118 wRC+ and 14 home runs. And that's with a .224 BABIP so he's been doing all that and he's been getting UNLUCKY, with his batted balls.

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Hunter Greene is going to make somebody, likely the Twins, very happy.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latim...story,amp.html
    Looks like the Twins are gonna pass

Probably gonna take McKay and get that rebuild speeding up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Looks like the Twins are gonna pass

Probably gonna take McKay and get that rebuild speeding up

Yeah, they both look good. Perception seems to be McKay has a higher floor, but lower ceiling.

I don't know, man. Both are projected to be starting pitchers, but Greene is 17 and already throws 102MPH. That's nuts. I don't know that I could pass on that.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

I like Greene

But I think they'd take McKay as a hitter. So would I. Or they might take Wright from Vandy.

So hard to follow the draft because you essentially have no clue about any players other than brief scouting reports. I wish College Baseball was more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    I like Greene

But I think they'd take McKay as a hitter. So would I. Or they might take Wright from Vandy.

So hard to follow the draft because you essentially have no clue about any players other than brief scouting reports. I wish College Baseball was more popular.

Yeah, this draft is unique too in that it sounds like both of the top two prospects are probably top 10 players as both pitchers and hitters. Certainly McKay is anyway. Greene may be more in the 10-20 range as a position player it seems.

You're probably right about McKay being a hitter at the next level. I have read that some teams think he's a near-immediate mid rotation starter with ace potential, if he can just work out a few more ticks on his fastball, but his potential both ways is certainly worth top pick consideration in either case.

Greene is probably set to be a pitcher. I'm admittedly just a sucker for bells and whistles --- and 102 at 17 sets off all sorts of chimes

Hopefully he doesn't slip to 3. Not sure I'd enjoy facing that kid 4-5 times a year.
    "There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

- Carl Sagan

On another note, it was great to see Harper's premature indoctrination into the rivalry. Can't wait till he's sporting Dodger Blue!

There are scenarios where I'll defend a brushback, generally when you're protecting your own guys, throwing at someone because you hold a grudge for serving up bombs is lower than Bush League. I hope Strickland gets a suspension too.

On another note, it was great to see Harper's premature indoctrination into the rivalry. Can't wait till he's sporting Dodger Blue!

There are scenarios where I'll defend a brushback, generally when you're protecting your own guys, throwing at someone because you hold a grudge for serving up bombs is lower than Bush League. I hope Strickland gets a suspension too.
    Yeah that was pretty ******. Bryce isn't exactly a likeable guy himself but Strickland deserves a suspension no question for clearly throwing at him for that history. That helmet throw though. O man...lol.

I'll also add if a guy is crowding the plate to much, and you throw a change up inside to get him off the plate, I think that's fine, that's just competitive baseball. But 97 to the ribs, **** that.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast