Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Because... why not.

Angels: Maikel Franco, Odubel Herrera, Vince Velasquez, Cesar Hernandez and Kevin Gowdy

Phillies: Mike Trout

Make signing Manny Machado next off-season a priority.

BTW doesn't have to be for Mike Trout but I'd like to see Maikel gone in lieu of going all in on Manny Machado. Phillies don't need Bryce Harper and Maikel is not a corner stone, he'll never amount to more than an over paid Pedro Feliz but a far worst defender with no flexibility who runs like Pablo Sandoval.

Quote Originally Posted by axstone26 View Post
    Because... why not.

Angels: Maikel Franco, Odubel Herrera, Vince Velasquez, Cesar Hernandez and Kevin Gowdy

Phillies: Mike Trout

Make signing Manny Machado next off-season a priority.

BTW doesn't have to be for Mike Trout but I'd like to see Maikel gone in lieu of going all in on Manny Machado. Phillies don't need Bryce Harper and Maikel is not a corner stone, he'll never amount to more than an over paid Pedro Feliz but a far worst defender with no flexibility who runs like Pablo Sandoval.
    Angels wouldn't take that deal. Its going to be difficult for any team to trade for Trout due to the asking price being so high (as it should). If the Phillies traded for him they'd be in the same spot the Angels are in (minus Pujols).

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    Angels wouldn't take that deal. Its going to be difficult for any team to trade for Trout due to the asking price being so high (as it should). If the Phillies traded for him they'd be in the same spot the Angels are in (minus Pujols).
    Just trade Franco, he's Dom Brown 2.0. Intelligence in any capacity is not possible.
    Last edited by axstone26; 05-04-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Just trade Franco, he's Dom Brown 2.0, meaning he lacks the capacity to be intelligent in any capacity.
    Actually... http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/201...-exit-velocity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Trade him while his value is high. He's slow, lacks flexibility and tries to kill the ball with every swing.

On a side note, how did Saunders not catch that ball, make an effort Abreu 2.0! Definitely not a fan of the half season wonder.

I can find links too http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ding-superstar.

Don't you wish we traded him after he became a budding superstar half season wonder like Michael Saunders?
    Last edited by axstone26; 05-04-2017 at 02:53 PM.

But Franco's value isn't high at the moment... Also, Brown went the opposite of Franco. He went more aggressive and lost his eye/patience at the plate. I'd trust what Franco's going through to turn around more than wind up like Brown.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

But Franco's value isn't high at the moment... Also, Brown went the opposite of Franco. He went more aggressive and lost his eye/patience at the plate. I'd trust what Franco's going through to turn around more than wind up like Brown.
    I understand and I know I'm grossly over exaggerating my point, there are just a few things about Franco that rub me the wrong way: his lack of flexibility, his lack of flexibility, his lack of flexibility, swinging out of his shoes because power hitters get paid, his Brand Contract With Fantex, basically everything he does is a half-assed approach to hit more home runs so that he can get his pay day, his me first approach to everything oh and I can't stand a 24 year old athlete who lacks flexibility and appears to make no effort to change it.

I think some people might say Odubel Herrera is a me first guy because he flips his bad but I don't see it. I'm a huge Odubel fan and I believe he works really hard at refining his craft. I just don't see the same with Franco and I don't see any appreciation for his position, I see a guy who thinks he's better than he is and who looks at himself as unfairly underpaid and screwed by an MLB pay structure.

Trade "Me"kel the second you can and go all in on Machado next off-season because he is a legitimate superstar.

Maikel Franco is Edwin Encarnacion circa 2010.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Maikel Franco is Edwin Encarnacion circa 2010.
    Encarncion is what everyone thinks Franco will turn into. Two issues with this comp: (1) Encarcion may not have had a higher OBP or walked more circa 2010 but he did show better discipline and would strike out significantly less and (2) Encarnacion didn't play third much after 2010, Franco doesnt look able or fit enough to play left field and the NL doesn't have a DH and (why? Because those same old white guys that just repealed Obamacare are the same people in the MLB that want to keep baseball the same as the 1920's).
    Last edited by axstone26; 05-05-2017 at 10:48 AM.

I don't think the signing of Machado can only happen if you trade Franco. You can very well get both even if Franco stays at 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the signing of Machado can only happen if you trade Franco. You can very well get both even if Franco stays at 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish the NL had a DH, then I would see Franco as a fit on the Philllies. I think the cost of Franco's contract will significantly outweigh his contributions within a year or 2 after arbitration eligibility and maybe even during his arbitration years. I don't think he is the cornerstone the Phillies should build around, winning games and a championship is not a priority for him, getting that big pay day is all he cares about.

I wish the NL had a DH, then I would see Franco as a fit on the Philllies. I think the cost of Franco's contract will significantly outweigh his contributions within a year or 2 after arbitration eligibility and maybe even during his arbitration years. I don't think he is the cornerstone the Phillies should build around, winning games and a championship is not a priority for him, getting that big pay day is all he cares about.
    You can play Franco at 1st or 3rd and Machado at 3rd or SS. They'd never overlap as besides Crawford, you really don't have someone either of those guys would block. Even then, Crawford has a ways to go yet unfortunately.

I think you're ridiculously too harsh on Franco. The article I posted showed what work he was putting in. I find it very hard to believe he "doesn't care."

Has Franco expressed that he doesn't care about winning and wants to get paid? I've never got that sense from him. I don't believe he is a major cornerstone on a championship team going forward but good teams need solid contributors up and down the line up. No reason to rush a young player still developing out the door or trade him for a fraction of what you could have traded him a few years ago. Let him develop and see where it goes.

I can see Franco being the 4th or so piece on a team. It's not unrealistic for him to be that. He can be the new Burrell/Werth/Victorino behind the Utley, Howard, and Rollins. If Franco can produce in that Burrell/Werth/Victorino mix, I'm fine with that. Like Burkey said, you need those pieces. If he become the EE that he's being likened too, then he absolutely fits into that mold.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast