Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    There are very few players that get dealt after having some type of semi-major procedure done (3-4 month recovery time is semi-major IMO). The prognosis is good for this type of surgery but it shouldn't be completely dismissed. The Tigers weren't going to trade him unless they got a massive haul for him. Since his stock is not at its peak because of the surgery, I doubt they get close to their asking price for a good young cost controlled pitcher. There is already inherited risk in trading/signing pitchers, why would you trade a few major prospects for a guy who isn't healthy? Just doesn't make any sense for Tigers to trade him for under peak value and it doesn't make sense for a team to trade peak value for a pitcher coming off elbow surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    The only way you trade Kingery or Cesar is if you are bringing back and elite type bat or pitcher. There is no reason to trade either one right now with their control. As far as Galvis, he probably won't bring you back much with his control. Not to mention they might want Crawford to either start in the minors again or play 3rd for Franco.
    I'm going to eat crow. I've been really impressed with Franco's approach to each of his AB's since coming back from the three day "Crawford" demotion. From what I've seen, he's had a good approach and one bad/over swing in 12 ABs. Is this the moment he turns the corner? I doubt he has the patience but I'm going to go on record and state that maybe Stairs is finally getting to him.

The fourth at bat by Franco tonight is the best at bat Iíve seen him ever have. Patient on three pitches that were balls, took the fourth for a strike and then sat on the fifth pitch, didnít over swing and crushed it almost though the outfield wall. He stayed within himself and wow, just wow.
    Last edited by axstone26; 09-13-2017 at 08:13 AM.

In the 4th we had the bases loaded with 1 out, he swung at the very first pitch infield fly, when everybody knew that Peters was having control issues, He should be sent down to figure stuff out, I also believe that bringing Crawford up has made him improve a bit but it is not enough IMO.
    Last edited by papirico52; 09-13-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Odds of us getting Shohei Otani???

Who is she? --- jk.

Does anybody have an scouting report?

- I love Ray Lewis.

https://www.minorleagueball.com/2016...ct-in-baseball

Found this, he looks legit, but there is no freaking way he is hitting besides his turn in the rotation.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Would love this freak
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Rhys HOTskins

About 0% for Otani. The Phillies don't have the 1B/DH reps necessary to woo him. Pretty sure they've spent too much of their international money too. The Yankees and Rangers held back a decent sum, so they're likely the favorites.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Fastest rookie to 37 RBI.....
    Joins that list with Ted Williams & DiMaggio.

Our boy Rhys!

This line up next year...finally a watchable group starting to assemble. Add guys like kingery in the mix mid season. Maybe Quinn if ever healthy as bat/speed off bench. I'm liking the future. Finally.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Updating a previous conversation, the Phillies (58-90) are pretty much locked into the first or second pick now. They're "trailing" the 57-93 Giants. A tie goes to the Phillies.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

With the 1/2 pick, whose the 'whose who' in this years draft....I want a pitcher.

It's generally preferable to pick hitters. They're worth $10s of millions more than comparably talented pitchers - mostly because they don't automatically miss multiple seasons of club control due to injury.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast