Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I want Devers. I don't know how the Phillies could get him, but I want him.
    I like the idea of the Phillies taking on salary like they did with Texas to get a better return but Devers won't happen. I'd imagine if they were to trade Devers, Nola would probably be in the deal since he and Neshek are probably the only two pieces that would really interest the Soxs on this roster.

Pivetta sometimes looks amazing, he has raised his velocity and now he consistently reaches 97 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Pivetta sometimes looks amazing, he has raised his velocity and now he consistently reaches 97 MPH.
    I'm assuming this was posted after his 1st inning, one of the more impressive innings I've seen from a Phillies pitcher. He followed it up by one of the worst innings from a Phillies pitcher this year.

And that's going to be par for the course with him. There's big growth potential at least.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

I'm just happy we got him for papelbon lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Not that I believe this will happen, but there was some talk about the Tigers using Michael Fulmer to get out from under Jordan Zimmermann. That's a trade I'd absolutely pursue from the Phillies perspective. The club would still need to part with a quality group of prospects, but they could avoid using their best bullets. An OFer and a couple live arms ought to do the trick.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Making a play for Fulmer would be great and if it would cost slightly less with Zimmerman attached sign me up.

Yup, I am 100% all for taking on a big contract if it meant getting a guy like Fulmer.

I'd look around the bigs for teams wanting to do that.

Panda, Homer Bailey, Stanton. Would definitely look into these if it got something else attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I'm assuming this was posted after his 1st inning, one of the more impressive innings I've seen from a Phillies pitcher. He followed it up by one of the worst innings from a Phillies pitcher this year.
    Right on

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

So wondering who's going to be on the move.

Neshek looks like the prime guy with a nice amount of interest.

Benoit might get a few chicken wings.

Kendrick has to stay healthy and as of today he's cleared to resume all baseball activities. He should be moved.

Maybe Tommy Joseph (I think he should), Hellickson probably won't get much.

I'd dangle Franco, Hernandez, and Herrera too to see what interest could net.

Going to be an interesting deadline or could be an absolute dud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Its safe to say guys like Neshek, Kendrick, Benoit, and Hellickson should be on the move. They won't net anything major but are still valuable.

I'd imagine that all of their players are potentially available given their last few years and making it known that their better younger players can be had (Franco, Herrera, Cesar, VV, etc). If they get the right offer for one of them they should make the move.

Joseph should also be gone as well. We know what he is and Hoskins has a much higher ceiling in the long run. His team control might interest a few teams but really, he isn't very good so I doubt teams will come knocking at the door for him.

It will be interesting to see if they eventually cash some of their prospects in and get a plus player back (plus maybe a bad contract). We've been talking about guys like Yelich, Ozuna, Braun, Votto, Fulmer (just to name a few) for a decent while now, maybe they actually make a run for one of them.

I still think Joseph could improve, We should play him this year and be patient, plus Hoskins might be cooling down.
    Last edited by papirico52; 07-19-2017 at 04:55 PM.

How about Galvis to the Astros........

For Joseph to improve he would need to completely change his approach. Right now he's a potential 30 HR guy that could be an 250/310/450 which isn't enough production out of your 1st baseman. I'd be fine keeping him if he or Hoskins could play another position but that won't happen.

As for Galvis, I doubt they deal him to Houston as they have Gonzalez or Bregman to play SS with Correa out. They'd also have no place for him when Correa returns in 6-8 weeks since they won't move him off Short. Not to mention they have a major lead in their league, so they can withstand a major injury like what just happened. Not sure how many teams are in the market for a SS though (assuming the Phillies want to sell him), maybe Minnesota?

Considering all the development time Joseph missed/skipped, I don't think we know what he is. He could suddenly become more selective and dangerous. Selectivity is one of the popular adjustments getting spread around the league. It's not a matter of taking more pitches, rather the upgrade is made when the hitter attacks only pitches he can crush.

Besides, it's a moot point. The Yankees are the only team in the league that needs a 1B and the supply runs a good 10 to 15 players deep. Look to see Neshek and Hellickson on the move with Kendrick and Benoit perhaps lingering into August. Barring something creative, I don't think they'll get an opportunity to swing any other deals. Given the lack of pitching quality in the majors, Hellickson should net about as much as Neshek.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast