Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Just hoping Kendrick can pick it up where he left off when he got hurt. He could be traded at the deadline with Hellickson and Saunders (if he picks it up).
    Who are the pieces on this team that look promising and offer hope that they are mainstays? This rebuild is further away than most lead on to, it's more like 5 years before they are even relevant again. Here s to hoping if this year is in the dumper that there s a generational talent for the Phillies in the 2018 Mlb draft. It's sad that Philly is more locked into lotteries and drafts than being able to cheer on their teams in the post season. Tough being a Philly and especially a Phillies fan.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4evr View Post
    Who are the pieces on this team that look promising and offer hope that they are mainstays? This rebuild is further away than most lead on to, it's more like 5 years before they are even relevant again. Here s to hoping if this year is in the dumper that there s a generational talent for the Phillies in the 2018 Mlb draft. It's sad that Philly is more locked into lotteries and drafts than being able to cheer on their teams in the post season. Tough being a Philly and especially a Phillies fan.
    Tank for Beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4evr View Post
    You enjoy being grumpy, don't you?

The thing about rebuilds is that they always look like they'll last forever. Sometimes they do. More often, they don't. When teams fail to rebuild - Pittsburgh, KC, Philly - it can usually be tied to stinginess and blatantly poor decision making. This front office is making good choices, and they're eager to spend big money. If you investigate the Astros and Cubs rebuilds, they looked like they were still years away when they suddenly became contenders.

In baseball, development of talent is chunky. Look at Yonder Alonso. He's been a 0 WAR guy forever. This year, 4 WAR. If the light clicks on the right guys at the right time, things suddenly look much better. My concern remains with the pitching staff. Developing arms is such a random thing.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

mackanin is not a manager for a contending

On a good note our minor leagues are starting to turn things around. In turn the effects will trickle to the big leagues as the players learn to win down there and move up.

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    You enjoy being grumpy, don't you?

In baseball, development of talent is chunky. Look at Yonder Alonso. He's been a 0 WAR guy forever. This year, 4 WAR. If the light clicks on the right guys at the right time, things suddenly look much better. My concern remains with the pitching staff. Developing arms is such a random thing.
    I feel that this will be the same situation for Vince Velasquez, eventually it will all click. He has the repertoire and physical abilities but he suffers from Harry Leroy Halladay syndrome, over analyzing. Once he can push out the fake noise, things will click. I really hope the Phillies keep him in the rotation no matter how bad it gets. Give him a day off here and there to clear his mind. Moving him to the bullpen and back will turn him into the next Dom Brown.

Stints in the bullpen have greatly helped other pitchers like Carlos Carrasco. The key is to keep him away from closing duties as the Diamondbacks are doing with Archie Bradley.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Great discussion over here, loved reading it.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Worst team in baseball...fun rebuild...getting old quick. At least earlier the games were close. They are not even competing recently.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Yeah. We suck pp123.

Remember the good years champ!
    That's my prescription for these depressing non-competive games.

I lived through many bad years. I just see them competing better.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Before season began, I went in with the "hope for the best, expect the worst" approach to this team.

All my sports teams are that way unfortunately.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456