Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Can't believe Paul George is still in his mid-twenties. He's the player perfectly made for this franchise.
    Yeah. So if the Lakers are discuplined enough to wait till summer 2018 and sign him in free agency after letting their core develop another year (and possibly adding another rookie) then the Lakers could leapfrog and get all the way back, ballong out in 2019 playoffs.

Lets all agree that is the best scenario. If we are impatient and start making trades this summer then this whole iteration is blown and we'll be the Knicks for *a while* unless we draft the next Kobe or Westbrook somehow the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Brother, you know your bball... Ingram PG and Ball would be absolutely stupid,
    Hahaha not any more than the average fan tbh. You and several others all have good points which is why I come on here to talk sports. I just really like ball movement, defense especially with the bigs, physicality, and heart (the Kobe mentality) and this current team has none of that so far. They started playing better later in the year (unfortunately) but they still got a looong way to go.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    And that is the game that breaks the Pacers season. Live look at the Lakers FO watching that Pacers collapse in the playoffs....

https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0452...6825920517.jpg
    It sucks because PG has done everything for the pacers this series.. he's been balling, he wants to win so bad but he's not getting much help. I think he's gonna have a monster 4th game and the pacers end up winning and the series goes back to Cleveland for game 5 and the Cavs officially shut the series down.

If he doesn't get that all NBA 3rd team, I think he will be traded at some point next year no matter what. Lakers need to get on the phone with them all offseason

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    This might be sacreligious to say but I feel bad for Larry bird
    I kinda do as well to a certain extent.. I wasn't born until 1990 so I didn't watch the 80s games nearly as much as I watch the current team but I have still watched quite a few classic 80s games to be a fan of that era and to have a legit hate for the Celtics. Larry bird was a baller tho, I really respect his game. Now he needs to trade us PG.. hahaha

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    It sucks because PG has done everything for the pacers this series.. he's been balling, he wants to win so bad but he's not getting much help. I think he's gonna have a monster 4th game and the pacers end up winning and the series goes back to Cleveland for game 5 and the Cavs officially shut the series down.

If he doesn't get that all NBA 3rd team, I think he will be traded at some point next year no matter what. Lakers need to get on the phone with them all offseason
    Im disappointed in PG. Maybe he just doesn't have the clutch gene. How do you blow that lead? While going scoreless in the 3rd. And how do you pass the ball to CJ miles with few seconds left. Still better than anything we have, but idk about him being the best player on a championship team. Also it would be ideal to wait until his free agency rather than trade assets for him. We can trade assets for another good player and then still get PG.

Also fun fact, he's 0-15 on game winning shots in his career.

Get George ASAP.. More intangibles. Will attract players to play with him. Butler doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayb587 View Post
    Im disappointed in PG. Maybe he just doesn't have the clutch gene. How do you blow that lead? While going scoreless in the 3rd. And how do you pass the ball to CJ miles with few seconds left. Still better than anything we have, but idk about him being the best player on a championship team. Also it would be ideal to wait until his free agency rather than trade assets for him. We can trade assets for another good player and then still get PG.

Also fun fact, he's 0-15 on game winning shots in his career.
    I can tell you're not a fan of PG, which is fine but I think he's a baller. In the NBA today you gotta have multiple stars to go far in the playoffs, getting him will be just the first piece. I'm not saying to try to compete with just PG, it obviously didn't work with Indiana there's no reason that it would work in LA with just him alone. I think acquiring PG one way or another will help bring other players to LA in free agency. Boogie and russell Westbrook are legit targets in 2018 for example (both are rumored to want to play for lakers whether it's true or not) combined with 2 more years experience for ingram (and the other young guys on the current team of any are still on the team) and it could be a pretty decent team come 2018-2019 or so..

Your baby can't do this

Uhhhhh..... You do realize we can sign him for nothing in 12 months from now, right?

Like thats what "unrestricted" means, that we can sign him straight up in free agency for nothing. AND he gets the chance to be that star that truly wants to come here, and proves it by coming here in free agency... thus validating Magic's charisma and magnetic confidence etc etc and turning around the whole franchise.

OR we can trade away our core to get him as a rental and hope he signs because we suck.

Lolol love the let's just wait for FA comments, yes that's been working brilliantly in recent years.

You get the star and I think it makes complete sense to trade a package around Russell and draft Fultz/Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Uhhhhh..... You do realize we can sign him for nothing in 12 months from now, right?

Like thats what "unrestricted" means, that we can sign him straight up in free agency for nothing. AND he gets the chance to be that star that truly wants to come here, and proves it by coming here in free agency... thus validating Magic's charisma and magnetic confidence etc etc and turning around the whole franchise.

OR we can trade away our core to get him as a rental and hope he signs because we suck.
    Uhhhh..... You do realize that there are 29 other teams in the NBA? Kevin love was "a lock to sign with lakers" and guess what? He's not a laker.. It's foolish to expect Paul George to just want to sign with a bad team like the lakers in free agency.. Guess what, many many many players are "rumored" to go back to their hometown team in free agency but most actually never do because money and team success wins out in negotiations..

Let me educate you and everyone else that keeps saying "just sign him in free agency". Any team that trades for him will automatically be able to offer him more money to resign him in 2018. Also, his contract coming OFF THE BOOKS in 2018 allows the lakers to go out and sign Russell Westbrook or DeMarcus cousins for example with the cap room and then they can use Paul George's bird rights to resign him as well.. If lakers just try to sign him in 2018, because of deng/mozgovs contracts, PG would be the only player they could sign without his bird rights and why would he want to sign with the lakers anyway in that situation? The lakers suck.. If he wanted to take less money and come to LA to be close to his home town, he could easily just sign with the clippers who are much better and can offer just as much money as the lakers can.. But if you can pair him with RW or DC? He'd likely be more willing as well as those other players to want to come to lakers who are both rumored to want to play with Paul George.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you wait for things to hopefully swing the lakers way, usually another team will jump in and take advantage.. There's 29 other teams in the NBA and almost every one will want to have Paul george. The media hype on PG wanting to come to LA is also likely overblown and likely a marketing scheme for negotiations.. There's probably some truth to it, but I seriously doubt he will leave much more money in free agency from a better team to come and join a lottery team just so he can be close to mommy and daddy..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Uhhhh..... You do realize that there are 29 other teams in the NBA? Kevin love was "a lock to sign with lakers" and guess what? He's not a laker.. It's foolish to expect Paul George to just want to sign with a bad team like the lakers in free agency.. Guess what, many many many players are "rumored" to go back to their hometown team in free agency but most actually never do because money and team success wins out in negotiations..

Let me educate you and everyone else that keeps saying "just sign him in free agency". Any team that trades for him will automatically be able to offer him more money to resign him in 2018. Also, his contract coming OFF THE BOOKS in 2018 allows the lakers to go out and sign Russell Westbrook or DeMarcus cousins for example with the cap room and then they can use Paul George's bird rights to resign him as well.. If lakers just try to sign him in 2018, because of deng/mozgovs contracts, PG would be the only player they could sign without his bird rights and why would he want to sign with the lakers anyway in that situation? The lakers suck.. If he wanted to take less money and come to LA to be close to his home town, he could easily just sign with the clippers who are much better and can offer just as much money as the lakers can.. But if you can pair him with RW or DC? He'd likely be more willing as well as those other players to want to come to lakers who are both rumored to want to play with Paul George.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you wait for things to hopefully swing the lakers way, usually another team will jump in and take advantage.. There's 29 other teams in the NBA and almost every one will want to have Paul george. The media hype on PG wanting to come to LA is also likely overblown and likely a marketing scheme for negotiations.. There's probably some truth to it, but I seriously doubt he will leave much more money in free agency from a better team to come and join a lottery team just so he can be close to mommy and daddy..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    SMH... I mean really what's the point in me even explaining this. The whole idea of adding Magic was that some good things would happen, players would want to come here. I mean Jim and Mitch couldve traded away the core for Paul George last year, or for Westbrook or Cousins for that matter.

So if Magic just gets here, has a few meetings, ok people do this do that... then "oops. Who knew the NBA was so complicated?" and then dumps the core for the first recognizable name on the board... in this case a 27 year old 3rd team All NBA who is currently getting spanked by Lebron and has all his pouty attitude problems on display.

*meh*

I mean the whole thing of bringing Magic was that people would WANT to sign here. Now after three weeks we're saying "why would anybody want to sign here? We have to trade our core."

Also Westbrook, Cousins, George... their windows are all narrowing. In a couple years it will be greek freak, KAT and others and those guys will be 2nd tier-ish.

Also, I know Zingram plays good D and surprised in some ways, super nice prospect, but DAngelo is still the more valuable property. PNR point guard with handles and pure shot and elite potential.

Look theres really no defense for this. Other teams know we got valuable assets.... and now they are coming for them. Even the media is in on the pressuring. There is just NO WAY thst Magic and Pelinka have the discipline to play tight and hold onto value and wait for an optimal spot, whatever that is. The best we could hope for is breakeven value. And once Bird gets Magic to the negotiating table...

*wheeeeeeeeee* we got Paul George. And we are VERY confident he might re-sign with us.

I mean Indiana has a problem, a free agent. So we give Indiana assets in exchange for their problem? If your logic was correct Indiana could re-sign PG. But maybe they dont want to because theyre a 7 team in the weakass East and he's not a real factor and they wanna rebuild.

...... only a great GM could handle very complex Laker situation right now. Best move I think is just stand pat and keep developing Luke Walton's system and the core. Hopefully add a draft pick. It's really the perfect spot to stand pat and let the other teams sweat. And then see what materializes. And if no premier FAs wanna come here then **** them cause in five years Lakers could be > GSW

Paul George or Jimmy Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    SMH... I mean really what's the point in me even explaining this. The whole idea of adding Magic was that some good things would happen, players would want to come here. I mean Jim and Mitch couldve traded away the core for Paul George last year, or for Westbrook or Cousins for that matter.

So if Magic just gets here, has a few meetings, ok people do this do that... then "oops. Who knew the NBA was so complicated?" and then dumps the core for the first recognizable name on the board... in this case a 27 year old 3rd team All NBA who is currently getting spanked by Lebron and has all his pouty attitude problems on display.

*meh*

I mean the whole thing of bringing Magic was that people would WANT to sign here. Now after three weeks we're saying "why would anybody want to sign here? We have to trade our core."

Also Westbrook, Cousins, George... their windows are all narrowing. In a couple years it will be greek freak, KAT and others and those guys will be 2nd tier-ish.

Also, I know Zingram plays good D and surprised in some ways, super nice prospect, but DAngelo is still the more valuable property. PNR point guard with handles and pure shot and elite potential.

Look theres really no defense for this. Other teams know we got valuable assets.... and now they are coming for them. Even the media is in on the pressuring. There is just NO WAY thst Magic and Pelinka have the discipline to play tight and hold onto value and wait for an optimal spot, whatever that is. The best we could hope for is breakeven value. And once Bird gets Magic to the negotiating table...

*wheeeeeeeeee* we got Paul George. And we are VERY confident he might re-sign with us.

I mean Indiana has a problem, a free agent. So we give Indiana assets in exchange for their problem? If your logic was correct Indiana could re-sign PG. But maybe they dont want to because theyre a 7 team in the weakass East and he's not a real factor and they wanna rebuild.

...... only a great GM could handle very complex Laker situation right now. Best move I think is just stand pat and keep developing Luke Walton's system and the core. Hopefully add a draft pick. It's really the perfect spot to stand pat and let the other teams sweat. And then see what materializes. And if no premier FAs wanna come here then **** them cause in five years Lakers could be > GSW

Who wants to "dump the core" for Paul George? News flash, you guys are all extremely over hyping dangelo russell..

Ok so you're plan is that now that the lakers have magic Johnson, just sit on their *** and players will just line up to sign with the lakers at below market price.. ok... gotcha.. championship time

Your baby can't do this

Who wants to "dump the core" for Paul George? News flash, you guys are all extremely over hyping dangelo russell..

Ok so you're plan is that now that the lakers have magic Johnson, just sit on their *** and players will just line up to sign with the lakers at below market price.. ok... gotcha.. championship time
    hehe

Well said.

either i am your dupe account or you are mine because we understand basketball in a similar fashion esp when it comes to defense first... Seriously

Paul George... rental... 27... window... spanked by Lebron... free agent... Dwight Howard.... PNR point guards that can shoot rule the league and are the #1 hot commodity... Lonzo Ball is a weird Ben Simmons type that cant shoot...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast