Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1787
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why would he want MLB destroyed?
    And minorities...id guess that around 70% of baseball is a race other than white.

Odd

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    So he wants baseball destroyed but he then gives the Red Sox his money? That's a good jumping off point.

And what the hell is the dude talking about? Baseball was the first major professional sport to integrate African American and other minorities.

It amazes me how many people who may have a worthy cause (in this case racism being wrong) have no idea the venue in which to protest.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I don't understand this. Neither of the Chicago stadiums, St Louis/KC or Minnesota had the ability to host them?

The Yankees/Rays was ridiculous going to Citi Field personally, especially with the hotel thing. So we give one team in the WC hunt a leg up due to hotels? The Orioles were ready and willing to host, and it's not like Baltimore is short of any hotels.
    Brewers said MLB called them yesterday asking if they can host the series and that there was no talk of relocating to a different town. They were planning on playing in Miami but they still don't have power. I'm guessing it's because it's such short notice that teams couldn't get the staff in place etc

Sox fans drape a "Racism is as American as Baseball" banner over the Monster.

Boston is such a great city.

omg

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Albert Almora comes in as PH in the 7th, hits a 3 run HR, and the next inning hits a 3 run 2B
    How often does someone not get a start and drive in 6?

From what I understood they chose a baseball game cause of it's national past time status and ability to reach audience. I don't think it was necessarily an attack at baseball itself rather then use it as their platform.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    From what I understood they chose a baseball game cause of it's national past time status and ability to reach audience. I don't think it was necessarily an attack at baseball itself rather then use it as their platform.
    The banner was poorly worded for the point he wants to make, the ESPN hosts early this morning thought the protesters were white supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    The banner was poorly worded for the point he wants to make, the ESPN hosts early this morning thought the protesters were white supremacists.
    I felt like everyone did.

Was well thought through.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    They said they wanted to destroy baseball and create a sport where not only minorities can play but women as well.

PAPI SMASH!

as racist as baseball.....just yesterday i was being told that they cant pay these kids in the inner city to play baseball
    ....coooookie

Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    They said they wanted to destroy baseball and create a sport where not only minorities can play but women as well.
    Dumb idea. They should be kept separate. Men are naturally bigger, stronger, faster and in turn would physically dominate women in most sports.
    Things like golf, tennis, swimming, skiing are examples where I believe co-ed would work just fine tho

I honestly don't see how a woman can't develop the skills to be a top level baseball player. Never have, in fact.

Dumb idea. They should be kept separate. Men are naturally bigger, stronger, faster and in turn would physically dominate women in most sports.
    Things like golf, tennis, swimming, skiing are examples where I believe co-ed would work just fine tho

I was on a coed high school ski team in the 60's, some of the races were coed and some were split.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I honestly don't see how a woman can't develop the skills to be a top level baseball player. Never have, in fact.
    Is this serious?

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm even comprehending the double negatives there correctly.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I don't believe women are physically incapable of being premier baseball players