Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 120 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1787

MLB game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Giants/Dodgers were in a near three hour rain delay. Game started at 1050pm.
    I noticed the game in the second inning at like 1 AM (CST) when I went to bed. I assumed a rain delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the Nats play on the west coast the games always start at 10 pm and go to 1:30 or 2. Never get to watch those.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    When the Nats play on the west coast the games always start at 10 pm and go to 1:30 or 2. Never get to watch those.
    I always wondered what it must feel like to be an East Coast fan watching your team on the West Coast.

I always wondered what it must feel like to be an East Coast fan watching your team on the West Coast.
    I usually stay up, but extra innings, I'm out after the 11th. I remember one year I was getting up for school at 5:30 am our time, and the Orioles and Mariners were still playing an extra inning game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I usually stay up, but extra innings, I'm out after the 11th. I remember one year I was getting up for school at 5:30 am our time, and the Orioles and Mariners were still playing an extra inning game.
    That must've been fun. Starting your day and baseball is still on.

I assumed you played hooky and stayed to watch that game. That is a true sign of a diehard fan of your team

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

I'm a nighthawk. I love the West Coast games. Not only when the Tigers are out west but the "late games" in general.

I enjoy it (but I'm in the CST)

I actually get excited when the Cards travel to the West Coast because I tend to stay up pretty late.

Depending when I get home, I usually have games on by 6 PM if possible, and I'll watch toward the end of the West coast games when I'm home. If I didn't have to be up early this morning, I would have stayed up for the Giants and Padres game (and normally would have).

I prefer the Cards in the West Coast as opposed to the East Coast.

One of my favorite memories:

April 2010, the Cards and Mets played a 20 inning game, and it was my son's first baseball game ever (6 months old) (I believe a Sunday day game).

We stayed live for 10 innings.
    Drove home 1.5 hours for 6 innings.
    Watched 4 innings on tv.

I had friends who stayed all 20 for one of the worst managed games of all time.

Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm always up til 4 or 5 am tho
    I tend to watch a lot of West coast games too. Dodgers, DBacks and Rockies I've seen a good amount of.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hoskins is a god... 2 for 5 with 2 home runs and 2 walks and hit the gaming tying home run in the 10th. Man

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    hoskins is a god... 2 for 5 with 2 home runs and 2 walks and hit the gaming tying home run in the 10th. Man
    Hoskins could have the shortest season ever with 20 homers

Last year, Gary Sanchez did it in 53 games/229 PA

Prior to that, it was Mike Napoli in 2008, 78 games/274 PA
    Though McCovey in 62 had 20 in just 262 PA

This counts full seasons only of course. Not pace to hit that many at any point.

He has 139 PA lol

45 HR this season between AAA and MLB. Damn.

Its his eye at the plate that makes him insane

23 walks to 26 strike outs.... Also there is this

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2017/9...2017-hr-leader

With 31 games played there is a chance he ends up as our home run leader for the season lol... he has 16... the leader is Joseph with 21.

Williams/Herrera/Hernandez/Althier/Hoskins That could be a deadly top 5 going forward... Herrera has been really underrated this year.

That must've been fun. Starting your day and baseball is still on.
    Giants west coast games are live mornings for me here. I get up around 8:30 am my time and the games start at 9:15 am. I'm 14 hours head of PST, so east coast games are nearly over when I get up. Works out good for home and divisional games, and I'm following the box score and play by play account on ESPN to keep up.

Not same as watching games (on TV) live, but at least I can follow along. Also, Yahoo sports has a later in the day ~12 minute recap of the games, no commentary, but inning by inning video of the game which is pretty cool though after the fact. And if it's a **** game by SF (lots of those this year), I don't even have to bother watching.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays