Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1787
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Looks like Harpers done for the year.
    Mentioned this in the Harper thread about the injury, but why, after all of the rain yesterday and today, was the star player playing in a meaningless game? Oh yeah, and a double-header tomorrow.

And suddenly the Angels hold the 2nd WC spot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Go Trout Go!

Zobrist speaking out in favor of electronic strike zones.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ic-strike-zone

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Mentioned this in the Harper thread about the injury, but why, after all of the rain yesterday and today, was the star player playing in a meaningless game? Oh yeah, and a double-header tomorrow.
    Star players typically sit out one of the two games on double header day, its not like they were about to sit him for the whole series for no reason. These arent quite meaningless games yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Looks like Harpers done for the year.
    Hindsight is a ***** huh? I hated to see this happen to him but I like my Cubs chances much better now to beat the Nats in the postseason

Why we are champions of the World Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Zobrist speaking out in favor of electronic strike zones.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ic-strike-zone
    He needs to figure out how to make decent contact with the ball than worry about stuff like this

Stanton continues his rampage with his 9th HR in his last 10 games. Looking like 50 is practically a sure thing but if he stays this hot he could threaten the pre-PED era high of 56.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    He needs to figure out how to make decent contact with the ball than worry about stuff like this
    Still a valid argument.

Good thing i went to nats park to watch that game. I dont think they televise aaa ball

42 bombs for Stanton. Unreal.

Hindsight is a ***** huh? I hated to see this happen to him but I like my Cubs chances much better now to beat the Nats in the postseason
    Not hindsight, this should be a lesson to protect your star players, especially where the game doesn't matter. Nats won the division, and are going to be the #2 seed behind the Dodgers. I'm not even a Nats fan. If the Orioles were in the same situation, I'd be pissed for them to send Manny out there. Given our situation right now, however, we would need to play him.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Stanton continues his rampage with his 9th HR in his last 10 games. Looking like 50 is practically a sure thing but if he stays this hot he could threaten the pre-PED era high of 56.
    That homer also happened to be #250 on his career, and his 42nd this year which tied him with Gary Sheffield for the single-season Marlins record.

Not hindsight, this should be a lesson to protect your star players, especially where the game doesn't matter. Nats won the division, and are going to be the #2 seed behind the Dodgers. I'm not even a Nats fan. If the Orioles were in the same situation, I'd be pissed for them to send Manny out there. Given our situation right now, however, we would need to play him.
    True and I'm all for resting key players. Besides, someone should look into using non-slip density base pads or replacing them with dry ones when wet. Shouldn't require a serious injury for the league to look into it

It looked like the Orioles had Graveman on the ropes today, but Oakland turned the tables on us. I was really hoping to take 3 of 4 from the Athletics on this trip. Now we have to take 2 of 3 from Seattle to break even for .500 on the West Coast road trip, which I think was the team's goal as well.

Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast