Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Persona 5

Persona 5

Are me and STFU the only people that are gonna play this? If anyone is willing to try a JRPG for the first time I would advise giving it a shot on PS4/PS3, it's gonna be fantastic. Persona 4 is my favorite game of all time so I am hyped.

You two aren't the only ones. I'm totally gonna get it at some point. I loved P3, but I haven't yet finished P4. After, I finish P4, I'll pick up P5. This game looks so legit. I'm super hyped for it.

I am really interested. I like RPG's. But i havent played any of the previous games. Do you think it will be worth playing without playing the other 4? is it like FF series where each iteration is a completely different story?

Yep exactly. Whole different set of characters and story. Some things like demons and spells stay the same throughout the series similar to FF.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    I am really interested. I like RPG's. But i havent played any of the previous games. Do you think it will be worth playing without playing the other 4? is it like FF series where each iteration is a completely different story?
    You could start with 5 if you wanted. It's very much like FF where you don't have to play the previous games to be able to follow the story. Obviously, there will be some call-backs to previous games in the series, but it won't impede your ability to follow along. Personally, I'm going to wait until I've finished P4. I have already played P3, and I started P4 a little bit ago. My playthrough of P3 took me 85 hours, and I'm only 19 hours into P4. I think it will be a little bit before I'm done with it. I would really like to finish it before I start P5.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Yep exactly. Whole different set of characters and story. Some things like demons and spells stay the same throughout the series similar to FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    You could start with 5 if you wanted. It's very much like FF where you don't have to play the previous games to be able to follow the story. Obviously, there will be some call-backs to previous games in the series, but it won't impede your ability to follow along. Personally, I'm going to wait until I've finished P4. I have already played P3, and I started P4 a little bit ago. My playthrough of P3 took me 85 hours, and I'm only 19 hours into P4. I think it will be a little bit before I'm done with it. I would really like to finish it before I start P5.
    Good to know.. Ill have to check it out. I have been itching for a good RPG. Do you know if any of the older games are available for download or remastered for Ps4?

Most of them are on PS3/PSP/PS Vita. The easiest and least expensive way to buy them would probably be to buy a PS TV-they probably are like $20-40 bucks now.

Sweet. Ill check it out. Thanks for the info.

I'm definitely getting Persona 5 first day. I've been waiting for this game for like 5 years lol
    Official Kevin King Crew

Beat the first main boss-game is pretty much perfect. Seems like a great blend of P3 + P4. Music is amazing and it looks fantastic.

Game is pretty much perfect.

Yep, best game 2017.

Blends SMT and Persona perfectly. On 4th dungeon and over 50 hours into it.

Took a little break now I'm back. The 4th dungeon is friggin great, mostly the music haha. Hopefully I finish this game by the end of the month although I like taking my time.

It was the 2nd best selling game in the US in April. Shocked but happy.