Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Without getting into the tax code, no I'm not splitting hairs. Considering the amount of money that they make that 13% will probably be taxed at 40 %. That being said, you'll probably will see maybe 8%. Considering they play 1/2 their games on the road, 1/2 of that savings will be gone. So, you'll probably net 4 1/2%. Yes, it is extra money, but IMHO, I don't think that's high up on players' lists.
    Nick, it's 39.6 federal tax on their contracts, that doesn't change. Those 8 games they would of played in Oakland will now be played in LV. During those weeks , the player will get a 13 %(state income tax only) raise relative to play in Oakland. Federal tax has nothing to do with the projected savings or locale.

On the big contracts, it's a lot of money. I really don't think there is a reasonable way of diminishing the personal benefits a player would enjoy.

Nick, your saying the 40% federal tax would represent a larger portion of the overall income? When they play in Vegas?

If that is what your saying, then you may have a point there.

We need an accountant in this forum, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    Nick, it's 39.6 federal tax on their contracts, that doesn't change. Those 8 games they would of played in Oakland will now be played in LV. During those weeks , the player will get a 13 %(state income tax only) raise relative to play in Oakland. Federal tax has nothing to do with the projected savings or locale.

On the big contracts, it's a lot of money. I really don't think there is a reasonable way of diminishing the personal benefits a player would enjoy.
    Understood. But that state income tax that they would have paid cannot be deducted fro their net income. Since that tax that they didn't pay is now added to their income that's taxed at 39.5%. Again, it depends al on the individual. Regardless, it will be more money. Good discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    My dad lives in Oklahoma! That place is horrible, I instantly get depressed when I arrive lolz.

You should move to Vegas(Henderson)! Near Raiders games! Plenty of work and we can all tailgate! Lol
    Ive been here since 90, there's not much to be desired here. Where does your dad live?

Nick, your saying the 40% federal tax would represent a larger portion of the overall income? When they play in Vegas?

If that is what your saying, then you may have a point there.

We need an accountant in this forum, lol.
    I guess both of us wouldn't mind having that tax dilemma. Hey, I hope the extra cash does influence some players. It's too early in the AM to talk about money problems, especially if it's not ours...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I guess both of us wouldn't mind having that tax dilemma. Hey, I hope the extra cash does influence some players. It's too early in the AM to talk about money problems, especially if it's not ours...lol.

I 2nd that emotion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    Boise has been on my list after I retire from Civil Service. In addition, Ogden. Since I retired from the Air Force, I'm looking to be close to a base. My girlfriend also works civil service, but she's waiting for me to retire since I have less time then her. She's ready to get the hell out of Oklahoma.
    My mother was born in Oklahoma!

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    My mother was born in Oklahoma!
    Where at in Oklahoma?

Ive been here since 90, there's not much to be desired here. Where does your dad live?
    He lives in Tulsa now, but when he moved there like 14 years ago it was to a town called Manfred. A town that had more churches than restaurants or gas stations. Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    He lives in Tulsa now, but when he moved there like 14 years ago it was to a town called Manfred. A town that had more churches than restaurants or gas stations. Lolz
    You couldn't have described this state in more detail.

You couldn't have described this state in more detail.

They don't call it the Bible belt for nothing....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    They don't call it the Bible belt for nothing....
    Ain't that the truth

Adam Schefter‏
    Five finalists to host 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft: Cleveland/Canton, Tennessee, Kansas City, Denver, and Las Vegas.

Winners expected to be announced at May spring meeting.

Never Forget

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast