Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Returning phillies fans

Sexicano is likely one of them... who else was banned that we need back to get this place bumping again?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Sexicano is likely one of them... who else was banned that we need back to get this place bumping again?
    MVP07Burrell or whatever his name is.

There are just people who don't frequent here anymore and they weren't even banned.

Gimmead, Moose, TR, Fred, Ender, etc just don't come around and weren't banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

That amd we just aren't that good right now. More people will be around if they start winning again.

I want Jbendz and Havok back they are my boys.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

My guess is winning has a lot to do with it but also a lot of us (not all) were early to mid 20's during that 07-11 run. My guess is a lot of them grew up, have more important things in their lives and can't post as frequent anymore. Similar to those Phillies teams, when our guys aged up we didn't have a younger group of posters to contribute.
    Last edited by Burkey3472; 03-23-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    My guess is winning has a lot to do with it but also a lot of us (not all) were early to mid 20's during that 07-11 run. My guess is a lot of them grew up, have more important things in their lives and can't post as frequent anymore. Similar to those Phillies teams, when our guys aged up we didn't have a younger group of poster to contribute.
    Wow. Perfect comp.

I know a lot of us were that college age too. A lot graduated and got real jobs.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Ender and Fred were old farts though!

Forums as a whole aren't exactly a burgeoning business. Reddit's kinda taken over. I hear PSD is basically dead across the board, not just in our little corner.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Ender and Fred were old farts though!

Forums as a whole aren't exactly a burgeoning business. Reddit's kinda taken over. I hear PSD is basically dead across the board, not just in our little corner.
    I know Ender is alive and well but sometimes I fear about Fred.

Speaking of returns, the Feds lost my Tax Return for the 3rd year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Speaking of returns, the Feds lost my Tax Return for the 3rd year in a row.
    Only 3 years in a row? That's pretty good for them.

Burkey and A-Team hit it. Forums are still a popular medium for discussion, but not nearly as much as they were in the late 00's and early 10's. Forums are most successful when there is a stronger emphasis on the community and a group of posters having a stronger bond then more random comment sections.

The strong community we had was effected by 1: People growing up and life getting busier, 2: The Phillies decline, 3: The medium/lesser engaged posters (and those exiled) who left for quicker mediums such as twitter, reddit.

Me personally, during my college years and the 07-11 run, I would easily watch 150 games per year, and go to 20-25 (30+ during deep playoff runs). I watched less than 5 each of the last 2 years and have been to 2 games in past 3 years.

I'm hoping to watch 10-20 full games this year, an additional 20+ partial games (check in during later innings of close games). And go to 2-3 games. I'll hope to also frequent this board again and make some observations/catch up with my friends here in the yearly GT.

I'll watch what I can but can't get too many because I can't get cable and direct tv doesn't play many. Going to opening day and hopefully an iron pigs game. That team is gonna rake.

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    I'll watch what I can but can't get too many because I can't get cable and direct tv doesn't play many. Going to opening day and hopefully an iron pigs game. That team is gonna rake.
    i will try and send you daily streams.

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    I live 5 minutes from Coca Cola Park and have been to maybe 3 games since their existence. I'm going to as many as I can this year.

Sweet and sweet. KJ we will have to meet for one! I'm about 1.5 hr away. Not bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast