Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Raiders sign LB Jelani Jenkins

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL 4m4 minutes ago
    Raiders sign former Dolphins linebacker Jelani Jenkins

Never Forget

Eddie Borsilli‏ @Borsilli 8m8 minutes ago
    Text from someone I trust with the Dolphins.. (Jelani) Jenkins upside is pro bowl level but needs to stay out of the training room

Levi Damien‏ @LeviDamien 2m2 minutes ago
    Jelani Jenkins was looking quite good after 2014 season. Then slew of injuries -- ankle, knee, groin, hand -- killed last 2 seasons #Raiders

Never Forget

There we go. Our first defensive signing. Now people can relax.

I would be surprised if he got much more than a "prove-it" deal. We'll still sign a MLB and maybe another LB.

The Don‏ @RaiderGuru 7m7 minutes ago
    Raiders new linebacker @jelanijenkins53 is a 73 overall in Madden... Malcolm Smith is also a 73. These ratings are quite accurate.

Levi Damien‏ @LeviDamien 1m1 minute ago
    Jelani Jenkins said he saw #Raiders as his best fit. Figures to take over weakside LB spot for departed Malcolm Smith.

Never Forget

GREAT!!! Now what do we do with him? I thought we were going to have an excellent linebacker corps consisting of Mack, Irvin, and Riley, assuming A. Smith is reinstated. This guy is a back-up and special teamer at the most in this league. It's like having M. Smith playing the weakside again. I hope we didn't pay him too much. He can still be used as a back-up, better than Ball and Heeney.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Eddie Borsilli‏ @Borsilli 8m8 minutes ago
    Text from someone I trust with the Dolphins.. (Jelani) Jenkins upside is pro bowl level but needs to stay out of the training room

Levi Damien‏ @LeviDamien 2m2 minutes ago
    Jelani Jenkins was looking quite good after 2014 season. Then slew of injuries -- ankle, knee, groin, hand -- killed last 2 seasons #Raiders
    Was the ankle and groin in 2015? I knew of the hand and knee.. Those three, not the hand can be linked if he was favoring a part cause of injury...

Love his upside. And if someone is saying stay away from weight room, Then that tells me he is committed to being the best, Just needs better training and we have the best in the business with Joe Gomes

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Was the ankle and groin in 2015? I knew of the hand and knee.. Those three, not the hand can be linked if he was favoring a part cause of injury...

Love his upside. And if someone is saying stay away from weight room, Then that tells me he is committed to being the best, Just needs better training and we have the best in the business with Joe Gomes
    Not the weight room, the training room. I'm assuming that means the area where players go when they have injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    GREAT!!! Now what do we do with him? I thought we were going to have an excellent linebacker corps consisting of Mack, Irvin, and Riley, assuming A. Smith is reinstated. This guy is a back-up and special teamer at the most in this league. It's like having M. Smith playing the weakside again. I hope we didn't pay him too much. He can still be used as a back-up, better than Ball and Heeney.
    Mack is a DE in a 43 and pass rushing OLB in a 3-4... in a 3-4 he will be a middle backer lined up next to Riley. Outside of that he is a weak side LB... More of a coverage type... He is a upgrade over Smith in coverage. We were never going to go with Irvin as a weak..

Today's NFL is more 60% or more nickle D... So having a LB that can cover is huge, Think Wheeler.. Same kind of signing.

He was ranked the 7th best linebacker in coverage last year by pff

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Not the weight room, the training room. I'm assuming that means the area where players go when they have injuries.
    makes sense too, lol...

Not a bad signing, we still need more depth and we have to draft a LB with one of our top 2 picks.

not my first or second want at the lb spot but at the very least he will should be better than what was there previously. now i can stop worrying slightly and look forward to the draft

Quote Originally Posted by SDraiders619 View Post
    He was ranked the 7th best linebacker in coverage last year by pff
    That makes it better, but he was terrible in other aspects of his game. I read that PFF ranked him no.30 out of 31 OLBs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast