Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Week 22 Game Thread: 3/20 Vs. DEN, 3/24 Vs. NOP

Week 22 Game Thread:

3/20 Vs. Denver Nuggets

3/24 Vs. New Orleans Pelicans

This 4-game homestand will be good for Houston, but I'd really like to see them go at least 3-1 here. A win at home against Denver would be nice because they have a rematch against a Pelicans team that made them look very beatable a week ago before playing OKC and Golden State on Sunday and next Tuesday.

I've said it in other threads, but that OKC game looms very, very large for the Harden/Westbrook MVP race. Something tells me the winner of that game will have a lead going into the last couple of weeks of the season. And this will be the last time voters get a chance to see them play head-to-head this year.

That is that first 4-day rest (or three days with no games) of the season, not counting the All-Star break. And as MBT said, they don't play outside of Houston until next Thursday.

Tonight should be another fun one. I've always liked to face Denver, for some reason, and Jokic makes it even more interesting.

Gallo and Chandler out again, by the way.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Harden securing his spot on top of the MVP voting with his play recently.

Yeah, he has my MVP vote back after this one. That was an unbelievable coast-to-coast game-winning play. 88 feet away from the basket. 5 seconds. Tough rebound off an airball, as well. It was so fast, I couldn't even think "why aren't they calling a timeout?". Kind of remembered that similar play against the Warriors in the WCF. It didn't go so well that time.

And he played some good defense, too. All game long.

James Harden. Good at basketball.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Yeah, he has my MVP vote back after this one. That was an unbelievable coast-to-coast game-winning play. 88 feet away from the basket. 5 seconds. Tough rebound off an airball, as well. It was so fast, I couldn't even think "why aren't they calling a timeout?". Kind of remembered that similar play against the Warriors in the WCF. It didn't go so well that time.

And he played some good defense, too. All game long.

James Harden. Good at basketball.
    The fact that it happened the same night as Westbrook's craptastic game against Golden State probably helped a little as well. I still think Harden needs to come out guns blazing against OKC in a few days, but I also think he's done enough at this point to win the MVP even with a so-so performance against the Thunder. He was just mind-bogglingly good last night, especially in the 4th quarter.

This first three quarters against OKC has been one of the best stretches of basketball they've played all season. Williams, Gordon, Ariza and Harden have all been insanely good in this game, not to mention Nene and Clint going 10/13 from the floor. And that 3-pointer by Harden to end the quarter was a great highlight for his MVP candidacy...

Impressive win. The offence was ticking at top gear tonight. The only negative is the interior defence. Kanter was killing inside towards the end. I'm suprised they didn't isolate Kanter and Capella more especially earlier on. Hopefully in the off-season the Rockets can pick up a defensive C in the offseason.
    I am the hero PSD deserves, but not the one it needs right now.