Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Not to toot my own horn... but I've been a fan of Nash all year . Lol

He's got sneaky great skill for a 4th liner. He's not a great player but reminds me of a more skilled Paille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Not to toot my own horn... but I've been a fan of Nash all year . Lol

He's got sneaky great skill for a 4th liner. He's not a great player but reminds me of a more skilled Paille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He showed up big for one game. I need to see more before I stop bagging on him though. He hasn't been good all year. Valuable PK'er though - but so was Paille, Campbell, even toward the end of their tenure here.

Haters gonna hate

Bruins catching some luck here. They got the NYI on the second half of a back-to-back. Now they will play Nashville on the second half of a back-to-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    He showed up big for one game. I need to see more before I stop bagging on him though. He hasn't been good all year. Valuable PK'er though - but so was Paille, Campbell, even toward the end of their tenure here.
    Ya I was expected more scoring from him, but I can't complain to much about his defensive game. His assist numbers are down even for his career average, but his goals are right on track. I think if he was around 10G/20A then everyone would feel a lot better about him.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Ya I was expected more scoring from him, but I can't complain to much about his defensive game. His assist numbers are down even for his career average, but his goals are right on track. I think if he was around 10G/20A then everyone would feel a lot better about him.
    We didn't complain about Paille/Campbell's defensive game either. They gave us pretty much nothing on the offensive end toward the end of their tenure here. Nash is the same thing.

Before the TBL game, his lines were:

72GP 4G 7A 11PTS -5

That is horrendous. Even for a defensive forward.

Now he has four points in his last two. Still horrendous stats but it's looking better than before I guess.

Haters gonna hate

We didn't complain about Paille/Campbell's defensive game either. They gave us pretty much nothing on the offensive end toward the end of their tenure here. Nash is the same thing.

Before the TBL game, his lines were:

72GP 4G 7A 11PTS -5

That is horrendous. Even for a defensive forward.

Now he has four points in his last two. Still horrendous stats but it's looking better than before I guess.
    But I haven't found myself watching him this year and thinking, wow this guy is costing us game. I've more so looked at him and said "if we could just get a little more offense out of him, we'd be better off"

He's towards the bottom of my list of problems with this team. He's got a strong oiSV% for the minutes he plays and his GA/60 isn't bad either. What really impresses me though is the 43 takeaways and only 15 turnovers.

More production out of Nash would be nice, but he has been responsible defensively all season. At 900k per year, its not a bad deal. Ideally, you want a little more production, but also his linemates have been constantly changing and its hard for anyone to find a rhythm with that. Hes also been a productive player on the PK for us too.

If he is on the team next year as a 4th liner then thats fine, but if not then its really not that big of a loss. Not the type of guy that will go out and win you games (except the NYI game lol) but he isnt going to kill you either.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

But I haven't found myself watching him this year and thinking, wow this guy is costing us game. I've more so looked at him and said "if we could just get a little more offense out of him, we'd be better off"

He's towards the bottom of my list of problems with this team. He's got a strong oiSV% for the minutes he plays and his GA/60 isn't bad either. What really impresses me though is the 43 takeaways and only 15 turnovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    More production out of Nash would be nice, but he has been responsible defensively all season. At 900k per year, its not a bad deal. Ideally, you want a little more production, but also his linemates have been constantly changing and its hard for anyone to find a rhythm with that. Hes also been a productive player on the PK for us too.

If he is on the team next year as a 4th liner then thats fine, but if not then its really not that big of a loss. Not the type of guy that will go out and win you games (except the NYI game lol) but he isnt going to kill you either.
    I'm not disagreeing with you guys on Nash being responsible defensively. I mean if he's not, then he would REALLY be a useless player.

I think he does some great things defensively and is excellent on the PK. The fact that he plays all 3 forward positions must give the Bruins brass a hard on. I can see why some front office people would value him, but like Bo said, you're really not losing anything if he's not in the lineup.

I think my frustration goes back to the fact that they could have had a player like Vrbata or Vanek to start the year on the 3rd line, but instead, they went after Riley f'n Nash.

Haters gonna hate

I'm not disagreeing with you guys on Nash being responsible defensively. I mean if he's not, then he would REALLY be a useless player.

I think he does some great things defensively and is excellent on the PK. The fact that he plays all 3 forward positions must give the Bruins brass a hard on. I can see why some front office people would value him, but like Bo said, you're really not losing anything if he's not in the lineup.

I think my frustration goes back to the fact that they could have had a player like Vrbata or Vanek to start the year on the 3rd line, but instead, they went after Riley f'n Nash.
    $900k vs $3.2 million or $2.6 million

Not saying its the best way to go, but for $900k I'd take Nash. I think they just gambled hoping to get more out of Nash.

$900k vs $3.2 million or $2.6 million

Not saying its the best way to go, but for $900k I'd take Nash. I think they just gambled hoping to get more out of Nash.
    I think Nash might have been more of a filler signing for the expansion draft, but regardless. You know you don't believe that you would take Nash at 900k/2yrs for Vanek at 2.6/1yr. Nash is a VERY replaceable player.

Haters gonna hate

I think Nash might have been more of a filler signing for the expansion draft, but regardless. You know you don't believe that you would take Nash at 900k/2yrs for Vanek at 2.6/1yr. Nash is a VERY replaceable player.
    But I don't think Nash's role was meant to be what Vanek's role would have. Vanek would have slotted in next to Krejci and Pasta. No way Vanek was coming here to play 3rd line LW.

But I don't think Nash's role was meant to be what Vanek's role would have. Vanek would have slotted in next to Krejci and Pasta. No way Vanek was coming here to play 3rd line LW.
    Bruins had pretty much of all of their roles filled even before the Nash signing. Vanek was probably going to be a 2nd/3rd line player here. Vrbata's contract could have looked different if he signed with the B's, who knows. The key point to bring all of this together is that the Bruins had the cap space to sign someone like Vanek to a 1 year deal.

Haters gonna hate

One thing I wanted to bring up this week was that the Bruins media has started the Tuukka bashing once again. I hope he plays out of his mind for the next 7 games to shut them up.

Haters gonna hate

One thing I wanted to bring up this week was that the Bruins media has started the Tuukka bashing once again. I hope he plays out of his mind for the next 7 games to shut them up.
    Sadly it wont. If he plays out of his mind and we make the playoffs, he'll get destoryed for not bringing us a cup. The guy could give up 1 goal a game for 4 games straight while making 99 saves and the media would still blame him for the Bruins getting swept. They wont call out the guys making big money up front and not scoring or a defense that is loaded with 3rd pairing guys...nope it'll be Tuukka's fault.

I will say I'm shocked that Krejci is our highest paid player and yet no one jumps on him for his disappearing act from time to time.

See what happens when you get a healthy tuukka in nets.

That was the kind of game i was expecting
    Unleash the Pasta!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112