Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Detroit Lions sign DT Jordan Hill

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/new...c-9c8b93cd5fd0

Not a flashy signing, but finally, a pass-rushing DT. His efforts won't show up on the stat sheet but he tends to get pressure consistently.

Solid DT signing. Another rotation guy to go with Spence, Ngata, Robinson, and Thornton.

I feel pretty good about the middle, but still looking for that edge threat.

this shouldn't make anyone feel better about the DL. Some upside but not a lot. Likely non-factor guy.

EDIT: Alright, I'm thinking more about it and I like the move. Throw together a group of guys like they are on the DL and make em fight for playing time. Depth is good and this dude has some upside. Good move.
    Last edited by ****ed in DET; 03-20-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

I dunno how to feel about this.

I agree. It's a good rotational piece, but we still need to find a DT in the draft or pursuit Johnathan Hankins in free agency next season. The thing with Hankins is that he might seek $10MM per season. That would suck. I think we are going to find an EDGE later and then sign Chris Long after the draft, along with Anquan Boldin. That's why I don't have a DE going within the 1st 4 rounds. I think Hyder switching to Weakside DE and Ziggy switching to Strongside is going to help both players with Washington rotating when needed.

Hill, 26, is a former fourth-round pick of the Seahawks back in 2009. He was waived with an injury designation coming out of the preseason last and later reverted to the injured reserve list before being cut loose a month into the regular season.

The Redskins signed him to a contract back in November of last year before cutting him loose just a few weeks later. Hill wound up being claimed off of waivers by the Jaguars and finished out the year in Jacksonville.

In 2016, Hill appeared in four games but did not record a statistic.

Sounds awesome

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Hill, 26, is a former fourth-round pick of the Seahawks back in 2009. He was waived with an injury designation coming out of the preseason last and later reverted to the injured reserve list before being cut loose a month into the regular season.

The Redskins signed him to a contract back in November of last year before cutting him loose just a few weeks later. Hill wound up being claimed off of waivers by the Jaguars and finished out the year in Jacksonville.

at least he's not one of those crappy statistic guys like Stafford
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Last time he was really relevant was a bit of a break out year in 2014. He started due to another injury and balled. Probably had a lot to do with who Seattle surrounded him with that year but 5.5 sacks, 3 ff, and a pick in 6 games gets my attention. But then he did nothing for 2 years so probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Over the final 6 games of the regular season (all wins by the Seahawks, with a total of 39 points allowed), Hill recorded 13 tackles and 5.5 sacks. In a week 15 game against the San Francisco 49ers, he had two sacks of QB Colin Kaepernick. In week 17, he had half a sack and his first career interception of QB Shaun Hill.

Sure take a flier on him. Still need a DT in the draft because the core we have now is still pretty weak. I still hold out hope Ngata gets cut to free up more cap room (LB's please, that core is all garbage) but I'm guessing that does not happen until the draft plays out.

DT is Jacksonville's strongest position group on the entire team. It's not a surprise that he couldn't get on the field. They had an injury to Roy Miller, and Abry Jones stepped up big. Malik Jackson, Roy Miller (I think was cut), Abry Jones, Michael Bennett, Sen'Darrick Marks (has been cut) and Sheldon Day were ALL ahead of him on the depth chart. Their DT rotation was pretty sick.

It's a low-risk flier on a player that was once productive before injuries. If he can get back to form, great. If not, it won't cost anything to cut him. I'm not expecting anything earth-shattering out of him and if we draft a DT early then I'm not really expecting him to make the team either.

Any details on the contract?

Any details on the contract?
    Nothing released on it but last year he made $675,000 as far as I can tell. Considering the small contract and that he didn't really do much last year I cant imagine its much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by kreton View Post
    Nothing released on it but last year he made $675,000 as far as I can tell. Considering the small contract and that he didn't really do much last year I cant imagine its much more than that.
    Man... if I could work for 4 weeks, do nothing and make $675k... I'd be happy too. I'm sure it's an incentive based contract.

It can't be that much given that we only, currently have 8 million or so to work with (last I looked). Even if it looks heavy, I'd bet there are a ton of incentives he'd have to reach to match what it the max contract is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast