Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    so soft

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

They should've showed a video tribute of his performance from game 6 of last years Conference finals..

Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    I don't think a celebration is needed but I feel like more than 50% of the NBA teams will honor the player with a short video tribute or something. I think OKC will do that later down the line. OKC doesn't owe KD anything, but I wonder would potential FAs take this into account of OKC's treatment of their former players when making their decisions.
    To me the thing I find strange is, they loved him for 8 years ... what happened to that? All he did is sign a free agent contract ... I've seen stars for teams I follow leave and play elsewhere and while I didn't cheer their new team I still appreciate the player as a former member of "my" team.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    To me the thing I find strange is, they loved him for 8 years ... what happened to that? All he did is sign a free agent contract ... I've seen stars for teams I follow leave and play elsewhere and while I didn't cheer their new team I still appreciate the player as a former member of "my" team.
    Who?

Seriously... you act like a guy who leads a team to the conference finals and leaves to the team that beat him is something normal...

even Lebron didn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    A video tribute or something would've been nice I suppose, but it's their prerogative to not do it. They shouldn't have to feel obligated to do so as they don't owe KD ****, and good for them that they didn't succumb to the "traditional" norms. I think the Warriors are a class organization, but this just fuels the narrative that they're soft.....

The article is speaking to organizational sentiment, but you're naive if you think the players don't feel the same way.
    I think if things were better w/Westbrook & Durant, they may have done something more. I mean I could see it now, while they are playing a tribute video, Westbrook is on the bench with his headphones in or warming up or something.

But yea, like you said it was totally up to OKC to do it, it's not mandatory. It's not like anyone got violent or threw **** at him on the court. Some of these guys need much thicker skin

Just thinking about similar circumstances... If Duncan left the Spurs in like 04 to play with the Lakers, there's no way I'm cheering for him. Or if Robinson left to play with Houston or Utah, some other divisional rival who eliminated us? I just don't see it.

I understand some fans are different, and it may not matter to them, and that's fine. I'm sure there were some who are cool with him leaving. But this isn't your everyday random player leaving in FA to go to some random team lol. So I also understand fans who are going to give him hell when he returns. It's that sort of passion that I bet he appreciated about them when he was there. He can't all of a sudden be hurt about it because it's being directed at him.

your just trolling. He walked out on a team that was on the brink, if you expect the fans to be happy about it you are naive

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    get real dude...

No one is going to be well received on their first trip back...

Shaq, LBJ, etc...

Durant had every right to leave... OKC fans also have the right to treat him like the ***** CAT he was for leaving.

To think their will be no backlash only shows how soft Durant's camp is...
    bingo!

Look, Durant did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contract obligation, and signed elsewhere. But if he really thinks the team he left owes him anything, he is as big a ***** as I keep stressing his generation continues to pump out.

Hey kids-nobody owes you anything. Sack up, life isn't easy

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    bingo!

Look, Durant did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contract obligation, and signed elsewhere. But if he really thinks the team he left owes him anything, he is as big a ***** as I keep stressing his generation continues to pump out.

Yeah, if Pat Ewing left the Knicks and signed with the Bulls, i would have been like "cool, good for them, i hope they win 19 titles in a row." You guys are nuts.

bingo!

Durant is a weird dude... he criticizes LBJ and Co. getting together in Miami... turns around and easily does the exact same thing (worse imo) and then can't understand why the fans of his old team are pissed...

I have stopped trying to understand this generation of babies ... they make no logical sense

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Yeah, if Pat Ewing left the Knicks and signed with the Bulls, i would have been like "cool, good for them, i hope they win 19 titles in a row." You guys are nuts.
    doesn't change the fact that Durant did nothing wrong technically. But yeah, he now gets to deal with the public backlash for his decision.

You are confusing what I mean when I say he didn't do anything wrong obviously. It means, he technically did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contractual obligation to his employer, and went elsewhere for his employment. Perception doesn't care about legally fulfilled obligations or circumstances though, that much we know.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Durant is a weird dude... he criticizes LBJ and Co. getting together in Miami... turns around and easily does the exact same thing (worse imo) and then can't understand why the fans of his old team are pissed...

I have stopped trying to understand this generation of babies ... they make no logical sense
    get used to it, only getting worse. We have cry zones for kids over an election now. Can't keep score in games, everyone gets a participation award, sensitivity galore..

Feelings are at stake dude, nothing else matters

doesn't change the fact that Durant did nothing wrong technically. But yeah, he now gets to deal with the public backlash for his decision.

You are confusing what I mean when I say he didn't do anything wrong obviously. It means, he technically did nothing wrong. He fulfilled his contractual obligation to his employer, and went elsewhere for his employment. Perception doesn't care about legally fulfilled obligations or circumstances though, that much we know.
    exactly. they are sports fans. some people act that you have some responsibility to be mature when you root for a team. no, you you don't. if you leave my team to play for the enemy i'm going to root against you. KD can take advantage of free agency but OKC fans can boo the **** out him for it

get used to it, only getting worse. We have cry zones for kids over an election now. Can't keep score in games, everyone gets a participation award, sensitivity galore..

Feelings are at stake dude, nothing else matters
    I hear ya...

although it is a good thing if you raise your kids old school...

competing against a bunch of ******* in the workforce pretty much ensures success.

My oldest laughed at the kids in her college graduating class who whined about no opportunities and how it was unfair that there wasn't the perfect job...

of course they fail to mention that they didn't excel in their studies

never seen a generation who felt they were owed so much for doing so little

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    exactly. they are sports fans. some people act that you have some responsibility to be mature when you root for a team. no, you you don't. if you leave my team to play for the enemy i'm going to root against you. KD can take advantage of free agency but OKC fans can boo the **** out him for it
    absolutely dude

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast