Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Warriors upset at OKC over Durant's first return back.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-durant-return

Must be some people with real self esteem issues running the show here. They literally can't take an ounce of hate or criticism from the media/anyone without going public about petty ****. I'm not even trying to bait Warrior fans, or start anything. Folks just have to understand that disdain naturally arises out of team success and you just have to deal with it.

I think most people outside of OKC agree with what the Warriors are thinking. KD will be underappreciated in OKC. He honored his contract, was a stand up community in OKC, and might be the best player to ever wear the OKC uniform. He did nothing wrong as a FREE agent. When Barnes and Bogut returned to the Warriors, they were honored with a video tribute although they were not on the status of KD in OKC (but they were part of a championship team). But I guess, KD's status in OKC also makes it hurt more.

And how is this article worthy to be written just off the "warriors belief" lol. No ****, some people felt sorry for him. He's also employed by the Warriors now so it's in their best interest to support him and take his side.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

I agree he did nothing wrong as a free agent but he also got paid as a thunder player thus they dont owe him anything.. they dont need to even acknowledge him coming back there period... they moved on when he moved on... It quite literally the perfect move by OKC...no reason to stir **** up because it hurts more when you just ignore him.

Point is, do the Warriors think the whole league is going to drop to their knees while the Warriors figuratively pull down their pants? I don't think so.

Yeah OKC's definitely going to roll out the carpet for you and crown you king after leaving their city. Real smart Warriors PR. They're probably going to win the title anyhow, they should really stop *****ing and just keep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Point is, do the Warriors think the whole league is going to drop to their knees while the Warriors figuratively pull down their pants? I don't think so.

Yeah OKC's definitely going to roll out the carpet for you and crown you king after leaving their city. Real smart Warriors PR. They're probably going to win the title anyhow, they should really stop *****ing and just keep quiet.
    I don't think a celebration is needed but I feel like more than 50% of the NBA teams will honor the player with a short video tribute or something. I think OKC will do that later down the line. OKC doesn't owe KD anything, but I wonder would potential FAs take this into account of OKC's treatment of their former players when making their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Point is, do the Warriors think the whole league is going to drop to their knees while the Warriors figuratively pull down their pants? I don't think so..
    When the playoffs start, yea, that's pretty much what I'm expecting to happen on the court, lmao!!
    Last edited by nastynice; 03-20-2017 at 04:58 AM.

I don't think this is a big deal. I'm pretty sure no one is going to read the article before commenting. No names, quotes, or anything just "beliefs." It's the Warriors defending their player whos gonna be a FA at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    I don't think a celebration is needed but I feel like more than 50% of the NBA teams will honor the player with a short video tribute or something. I think OKC will do that later down the line. OKC doesn't owe KD anything, but I wonder would potential FAs take this into account of OKC's treatment of their former players when making their decisions.
    Former MVP leaves in the prime of his career to the team that in retrospect was probably the reason he left (OKC losing to Warriors). Certainly he can't expect anything in his first visit back?

Doesn't bother me. It only lessens the odds that he would consider returning there.

I don't think this is a big deal. I'm pretty sure no one is going to read the article before commenting. No names, quotes, or anything just "beliefs." It's the Warriors defending their player whos gonna be a FA at the end of the year.
    When you have beliefs, what else do you need?

I like how he legit used the word "furious" in the title tho, lol

I think most people outside of OKC agree with what the Warriors are thinking. KD will be underappreciated in OKC. He honored his contract, was a stand up community in OKC, and might be the best player to ever wear the OKC uniform. He did nothing wrong as a FREE agent. When Barnes and Bogut returned to the Warriors, they were honored with a video tribute although they were not on the status of KD in OKC (but they were part of a championship team). But I guess, KD's status in OKC also makes it hurt more.

And how is this article worthy to be written just off the "warriors belief" lol. No ****, some people felt sorry for him. He's also employed by the Warriors now so it's in their best interest to support him and take his side.
    I will never stand by the fact he did nothing wrong. Yes, he is a free agent and by doing so you can choose whatever team you want. The moral disposition of the move on the other hand is what sets me off and many others. Its leaving a team you are the face and leader of that was close to getting over the hump, but the hump was too hard to accomplish, so he gave up to go to a team that already won it all without him.

All time greats have agreed that you shouldn't be making super teams, just goes to show to be the best you have to beat the best. They are heavy favorites, so yeah they SHOULDN'T lose.

Just depends on your upbringing, as a child do you show loyalty and take on the challenge or what helps you succeed more even if you burn bridges. This is the difference in opinion.

He is an athlete, he had to know this was going to happen. GS needs to stop getting butt hurt when another franchise doesn't give them the utmost respect. Its a competitive league.

get real dude...

No one is going to be well received on their first trip back...

Shaq, LBJ, etc...

Durant had every right to leave... OKC fans also have the right to treat him like the ***** CAT he was for leaving.

To think their will be no backlash only shows how soft Durant's camp is...

A video tribute or something would've been nice I suppose, but it's their prerogative to not do it. They shouldn't have to feel obligated to do so as they don't owe KD ****, and good for them that they didn't succumb to the "traditional" norms. I think the Warriors are a class organization, but this just fuels the narrative that they're soft.....

The article is speaking to organizational sentiment, but you're naive if you think the players don't feel the same way.

Of course they are

Should've stayed in bed that day bro

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast