Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Everyone else is Jealous: Official Dodgers Minor League Thread!

Last edited by ciaban; 03-24-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Feel free to post stat updates or articles on our top prospects as they come out.
    For example
    http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/articl...creating-buzz/
    Apparently, the team is REALLY in love with Buhler despite how few innings he's thrown.
    All the time he missed due to TJ really sucked. And I for one at the time was upset they drafted him knowing how bad his arm was and that he would miss basically 2 years. But wtf do I know. It looks like that could be a god send since he would have never fallen to us otherwise.

This is spring training news and prospect news.
    Dodgers 2016 second-round pick Mitch White pitched two scoreless innings against Team Japan on Sunday, allowing only a single. The 22-year-old right-hander out of Santa Clara impressed with three strikeouts. "It was eye-opening to watch him pitch, Roberts said.

Thoughts on bellinger? He's had a hard time in spring training. Might be farther away from the big leagues than I originally thought..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thoughts on bellinger? He's had a hard time in spring training. Might be farther away from the big leagues than I originally thought..
    We need to keep in mind he only had like 8 games in AAA and the only hitting prospect this organization allowed to bypass AAA was Puig (which was due to special circumstances) everyone else had to play in AAA for a year. That's not a trend I see them reversing going forward, especially with all the depth this organization has.

A lot of people around here just want to rush these shiny prospects to the majors to see what they can do. But the minors are hard for a reason, and there really is nothing wrong with letting guys work on their craft and fix holes in their game in the minors. That's what it's there for, developing players.

So the minor league season sort of started. We had 2 rain outs. But Bellinger reached based 4 times.

Some players are being held back in extended spring training. Like Immani Abdulla and Yadier Alverez, and Jordan Sheffield.

Everyone else is Jealous: Official Dodgers Minor League Thread!

A+ Rancho threw a combined 7 inning no hitter last night ... Last year's 2nd round pick Mitchell White, who has a ton of helium right now, starred for the first 4 innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    A+ Rancho threw a combined 7 inning no hitter last night ... Last year's 2nd round pick Mitchell White, who has a ton of helium right now, starred for the first 4 innings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He hasn't given up a run yet in the minors. 35k's in 26 innings.

Taylor Blake Ward

@TaylorBlakeWard

48m

Walker Buehler has struck out four in-a-row on 16 pitches, fastball up to 98 MPH*#Dodgers
    "You don't beat people with surprises, you beat them with execution" John McKay

Taylor Blake Ward

@TaylorBlakeWard

13m

Walker Buehler done after three innings (47 pitches, 32 strikes); fastball sat 94-98 and touched 99 MPH, good off-speed*#Dodgers
    "You don't beat people with surprises, you beat them with execution" John McKay

Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    Taylor Blake Ward

@TaylorBlakeWard

48m

Walker Buehler has struck out four in-a-row on 16 pitches, fastball up to 98 MPH*#Dodgers
    Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    Taylor Blake Ward

@TaylorBlakeWard

13m

Walker Buehler done after three innings (47 pitches, 32 strikes); fastball sat 94-98 and touched 99 MPH, good off-speed*#Dodgers
    That's not surprising, he doesn't have a ton of experience and is still coming back from TJ so they're slowly working him back in. They'll probably ramp up his pitch count and innings slowly over the course of the season.

Less heralded prospects.

Brett Eibner followed up his strong spring by going 7 for his last 7, with 3 of those being home runs, a double and an HBP.
    Kyle Farmer has been killing it in AA, I wish there was a way for the team to fit both he and Barnes on the bench.
    Reliever Ralsoton Cash struck out 5 in 2 innings of work.
    Last edited by ciaban; 04-11-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Trevor Oaks had 7 k's in 5 innings last night.

Organizational filler Willmar Font had 11k's in 5 innings last night.
    From truebluela.com
    ordan Sheffield made his 2017 debut for Great Lakes, allowing just a run on four hits in his four innings, with four strikeouts and a walk.
    Mitch White finally allowed his first hit of the season, he struck out 6 in 5 innings.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast