Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Draft Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    MLB teams are not "accused" of tanking because they advertise it. The MLB has a whole market built around the bad teams selling off their future free agents to teams that are trying to contend.

It's funny because MLB teams also have regular rest for their players and nobody complains about that either but in the NBA it's some form of heresy to rest a player.

NFL teams tank too, it's just that there are so few games it's harder to tell, and in fact when playoff teams have nothing to win late in the season they often rest their best players ... but teams and fans do complain about that.
    I have no problem with players resting, but they play 162 games in 180 days in the MLB.

The NBA plays 82 games over 200 days.

Baseball is less physically asserting on the non-catching position players (pitching is a completely different animal). Basketball has more banging, jumping and running. But these aren't really comparable in my opinion.

Fwiw, I think resting players is a good idea if you are a chip contending team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Biggest issue is players telling teams to not draft them so they can sign with whatever team they want after the draft. This is a capped league. So teams like the Lakers, Warriors, and Cavs are going to get the best players almost immediately.

Brogdan wouldn't be on the Bucks, a team that needs him. Jokic wouldn't be on the Nuggets.

Rodney Hood, a perfect player for the Jazz certainly wouldn't be there.

Remember though Brogdon was a second round home run. Bucks usually hit a grand slam all the time for second round picks. Cause we always reach in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Remember though Brogdon was a second round home run. Bucks usually hit a grand slam all the time for second round picks. Cause we always reach in the first round.
    Brogdon's a good player but do you think he's a future all-star? If not then he can't be a home run. He's a solid double.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlee23 View Post
    Nice try... the MLB season is twice as long as the NBA and teams NEVER rest 3 of their best players for any game much less a game on national TV. One of the WORST comparisons I've seen. The NBA is a joke and if you can't see that you're either in denial or clueless.
    I was replying to someone who said MLB teams are never accused of tanking ... I didn't bring up MLB as a comparison Quinnsanity did.

And boiling down the entire NBA to regular season rest is a joke and, to quote a great philosopher, "if you can't see that you're either in denial or clueless."
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

I was replying to someone who said MLB teams are never accused of tanking ... I didn't bring up MLB as a comparison Quinnsanity did.

And boiling down the entire NBA to regular season rest is a joke and, to quote a great philosopher, "if you can't see that you're either in denial or clueless."
    Again.... nice try. No reason to get bent out of shape for posting something that was IMO a horrible comparison and really had no logic to it regardless of "who said it." You wrote it.... live up your failed comparison and very poor attempt in trying to belittle my response. The NBA is at an all time low from the lack of attendance, poor TV ratings, abundance of bad teams, resting players,tanking, horrible all-star game...... need I go on?

You just live in your happy little world where all is well but I like to live in reality. It's right in front of me. Again nice attempt at belittling me.... wanna go for three?

The draft lottery is the symptom...

the disease is the concentration of talent into a small number of teams due to the lack of a hard cap...

the easiest way to disperse talent is through a hard cap...

the more competitive teams there are in the league the less tanking...

problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlee23 View Post
    Again.... nice try. No reason to get bent out of shape for posting something that was IMO a horrible comparison and really had no logic to it regardless of "who said it." You wrote it.... live up your failed comparison and very poor attempt in trying to belittle my response. The NBA is at an all time low from the lack of attendance, poor TV ratings, abundance of bad teams, resting players,tanking, horrible all-star game...... need I go on?

You just live in your happy little world where all is well but I like to live in reality. It's right in front of me. Again nice attempt at belittling me.... wanna go for three?
    Yes. Go on. Please. Continue and remove all doubt.

i like the ideas other then cutting the draft off at 16. That would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yes. Go on. Please. Continue and remove all doubt.
    I shall close with this to sum it up....... you made a horrible comparison.... IMO one of the worst I've seen and if I read correctly I was not the only one who thought so. You fail to own up to it because " somebody else started it" yet the post clearly show your name yet it was not your words?

I don't need to "go on" about the state of the NBA.... it's right there in front of you. If you can't see it/understand I can't help you. I can only lead you to the door...... you have to walk through it. Funny when people can't admit to faults. I'm by no means perfect.... far from it but I know a bad comparison and will always take ownership of anything I write, right or wrong. To each their own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12