Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    There are many, many things wrong with the statements you've made in this thread, but I'll key in on one in particular. The Heat are 10-deep, you say? Well, LeBron makes $31 million. Take out Dragic and Whiteside, then take out Winslow and McRoberts because they aren't playing. The rest of the entire Heat roster makes just under $31.3 million. That's what I hate about things like this. No ****, any team would be better if you just plopped LeBron onto it. But teams have to make choices with how they allocate their resources. No team could afford to pay LeBron the max if they were already doing so with a few other guys and wanted to truly go 10-deep. So you want LeBron playing with Dragic and Whiteside? Then there goes all that depth. You want LeBron playing with that depth? Say goodbye to Dragic or Whiteside and a nice chunk of it anyway.
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The roster has stepped up. After Winslow was injured, it didn't look good for them at all. Dion Waiters was absolutely horse doodoo for us last year. Literally my entire household yells at the T.V whenever this guy is on the court. He's looking like a totally different player this season and that has in a large part has helped filled the void of Wade's production. Miami uses every player in their roster and they all come to play. Whiteside has also maintained his immaturity.
    Yeah I guess I just didn't see why losing such an unproductive player like Winslow would be so damaging. Hes a decent prospect but I always just saw him as a future asset for them, his loss was more about his development. I was more worried about the loss of Josh Richardson early on. I wonder if the roster has stepped up or is finally being given the roles they've sought. Like I wonder if Wade could have given the reigns to Dragic ALOT more if he didn't think it was his team. Been saying it for awhile after watching Dragic sacrifice to soo many athletic ball handling types.

I just figured the loss of Wade would release the shackles on Dragic and with a huge lob target like Whiteside, you would have the foundation of a very basic spread offense. I did think Dion would have his best year but hes still mostly an inefficient chucker, the offense benefits from him just doing what Wade couldn't, letting Dragic run the show (Coincidentally he was doing it for Rondo/Butler in Chicago anyways). James Johnson and Willie Reed have been the biggest revelations for me and that has made all the difference for them.

Without them, I could see them settling into the fringe playoff team I thought they would be but with them, they seem to be on the cusp of +.500 territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It'll take more than a 2-month stretch to convince me this Heat team is even a top 15 team.

This sort of stuff happens every year and NBA fans are the most fickle ever. They hit a stretch where they've been playing harder than most teams - things will change come playoffs.
    Oh I was talking about the PEAK Heat team bit.

But with regards to this Miami team, I think they are better than the last one LeBron left. Better defense and Dragic is a better fit with Bron than an old Wade who didn't want to shoot 3's at all back then.

How many low post touches does Whiteside lose with James handling the rock? Bosh obviously lost a lot of touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    How many low post touches does Whiteside lose with James handling the rock? Bosh obviously lost a lot of touches.
    They run PnR with him all day and he prolly experiences the same boost in efficiency as most rim rushing bigs have with Bron.

Bosh was a different type of big and always got more touches than he ever could alongside 2 other primary options in Wade/Bron. Not to mention Bosh made a conscious effort to bang less to preserve his body, in fact, he actually started taking more 3's the minute Bron left.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Oh I was talking about the PEAK Heat team bit.
    I think a fully healthy Warriors team would beat the best big-three Heat team (which might be the 2011-12 Heat).

I think they would defend them very well in the halfcourt. If you recall - Kevin Garnett caused some SERIOUS issues in the half-court with his defense against Miami in the ECF, and I wouldn't put it past Draymond + KD to duplicate or come close to that kind of defensive presence - and this GS team would blow up the score more easily than that Boston team.

BELIEVELAND WE CHAMPS!!! 2016!!!

It's crazy to think how great Miami would STILL be had LeBron stayed and if Wade+Bosh were healthy. Hindsight is 20/20 but no one expected Whiteside to be this dominant. On the other hand, they lose Chris Bosh and I have difficulty trusting Wade to replicate the same offensive output as Kyrie. Miami's success right now is contributed through more than just a handful amount of players so I'm not sure LeBron can win the ship with them. Dragic would suffer a decreased output along with Waiters. Key rotation players right now would probably play under ten minutes. IMO, Miami loses to Boston in the first round but I would love to see a LeBron vs Heat showdown.

No derail intended but,

Lew Alcindor added to the Nets wins the chip this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123