Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    9,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What's that shocking? I remember Indy and I thinking they were being too easily dismissed. Spo has been good for awhile but everyone gets better with experience
    The roster has stepped up. After Winslow was injured, it didn't look good for them at all. Dion Waiters was absolutely horse doodoo for us last year. Literally my entire household yells at the T.V whenever this guy is on the court. He's looking like a totally different player this season and that has in a large part has helped filled the void of Wade's production. Miami uses every player in their roster and they all come to play. Whiteside has also maintained his immaturity.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I don't think a peak big 3 Heat team would beat a healthy Golden State. I hope you aren't suggesting that this year's Heat team was better than that one minus evil LeBron.
    Todays heat would smash Lebron's Heat if Lebron was not on it. They are much more athletic, much much much deeper, and much much much better coached. There backup center is a complete monster. There starting center is a monster. Lebron's heat with Lebron was an awful rebounding team, and not a great 3pt shooting team. You add Lebron to this Heat team, who is like 22-3 or something in like that in there last 25 games, they would easily win the chip this year.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    What. Why. Huh?
    It'll take more than a 2-month stretch to convince me this Heat team is even a top 15 team.

    This sort of stuff happens every year and NBA fans are the most fickle ever. They hit a stretch where they've been playing harder than most teams - things will change come playoffs.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    954
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It'll take more than a 2-month stretch to convince me this Heat team is even a top 15 team.

    This sort of stuff happens every year and NBA fans are the most fickle ever. They hit a stretch where they've been playing harder than most teams - things will change come playoffs.
    Cause every year a team starts off 11-30 and then goes on to win 23 of its next 28 games. Gotcha!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Todays heat would smash Lebron's Heat if Lebron was not on it. They are much more athletic, much much much deeper, and much much much better coached. There backup center is a complete monster. There starting center is a monster. Lebron's heat with Lebron was an awful rebounding team, and not a great 3pt shooting team. You add Lebron to this Heat team, who is like 22-3 or something in like that in there last 25 games, they would easily win the chip this year.
    You guys are ALWAYS prisoners of the moment. It's shocking how we continue to overrate and underrate teams. You guys do this every year.

    That Wade/Bosh Heat team even without LeBron was more talented, experienced, and intelligent/savvy.

    Go ahead and rely on the Mcgruders and Ellingtons and Johnsons and Waiters's to carry you in crucial playoff minutes to 4 wins out of 7. I love The Dragon and think highly of him but he can be really inconsistent when defendes aggressively. I don't feel I could rely on Whiteside completely either.

    When EVERY team is laying down their lives to win in the playoffs for every single possession while coaches scheme until they go gray, that's when you'll see teams for what they truly are.

    Until then, everyone gets caught up in the shiny new toy.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsOnTheWheel View Post
    Cause every year a team starts off 11-30 and then goes on to win 23 of its next 28 games. Gotcha!
    It's impressive but doesn't really mean anything. They're a middle of the pack caliber team (and I mean no insult). It's a strong run and shows a promising future, that's it.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    LeBron on the Cavs wouldn't beat a healthy Warriors team. It's amazing how quickly people forgot how good the Warriors were. They were on pace for 70 wins when they were specifically trying not to win that many games. They had the best net rating in God knows how long.

    That being said, the Heat kind of are an ideal LeBron team. One secondary ball handler (Dragic), a rim protector (Whiteside) and a whole bunch of shooting. Doesn't mean they'd win the championship though.
    POOP

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    954
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    It's impressive but doesn't really mean anything. They're a middle of the pack caliber team (and I mean no insult). It's a strong run and shows a promising future, that's it.
    Wasn't sure if you were trolling or not

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,408
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    All the other points in this thread are fair but this one is a bit off. Of course Cleveland is shooting a higher 3pt percentage than Miami, they have LeBron and he sets up all of those shots by drawing in defenders and causing wide open looks. If he was in Miami I'm sure those 3pt statistics would flip.
    Or it's because they have 4 top 10 3pt shooters in the NBA, and it has nothing to do with lebron.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    You guys are ALWAYS prisoners of the moment. It's shocking how we continue to overrate and underrate teams. You guys do this every year.

    That Wade/Bosh Heat team even without LeBron was more talented, experienced, and intelligent/savvy.

    Go ahead and rely on the Mcgruders and Ellingtons and Johnsons and Waiters's to carry you in crucial playoff minutes to 4 wins out of 7. I love The Dragon and think highly of him but he can be really inconsistent when defendes aggressively. I don't feel I could rely on Whiteside completely either.

    When EVERY team is laying down their lives to win in the playoffs for every single possession while coaches scheme until they go gray, that's when you'll see teams for what they truly are.

    Until then, everyone gets caught up in the shiny new toy.
    I watched that team. They were very bad when Lebron wasn't on the court. The Heat team now is 10 deep man. They have some very good unknown and athletic 6-7 and up talent. They have a backup center who I have never heard of, but looks like he could be an allstar eventually and he is scary athletic. They have a very very nice group of wings. They have very tough aggressive point guards and play makers who know how to play. They are a very smart and cerebral. No, I promise you, I am not being a prisoner of the moment. Cleveland will have a tough time with them. They could beat every other team.
    D. Rob gives Hakeem 40/16/7/4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RP3SvZ4O8
    D. Rob gives Alonzo 52/14/7
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-NRWNX7Z7Y
    D. Rob gives the Pistons 34/10/10/10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkpT0QdUDIY
    D. Rob gives the Clippers 71/14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck4KXAydlkE
    D. Rob gives Shaq 36/13/7/6
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XivZd3mRVw
    D. Rob gives Ewing 45/16
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ddm9WVzjA
    IF YOU DON"T KNOW, NOW YOU KNOW

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I watched that team. They were very bad when Lebron wasn't on the court. The Heat team now is 10 deep man. They have some very good unknown and athletic 6-7 and up talent. They have a backup center who I have never heard of, but looks like he could be an allstar eventually and he is scary athletic. They have a very very nice group of wings. They have very tough aggressive point guards and play makers who know how to play. They are a very smart and cerebral. No, I promise you, I am not being a prisoner of the moment. Cleveland will have a tough time with them. They could beat every other team.
    There are many, many things wrong with the statements you've made in this thread, but I'll key in on one in particular. The Heat are 10-deep, you say? Well, LeBron makes $31 million. Take out Dragic and Whiteside, then take out Winslow and McRoberts because they aren't playing. The rest of the entire Heat roster makes just under $31.3 million. That's what I hate about things like this. No ****, any team would be better if you just plopped LeBron onto it. But teams have to make choices with how they allocate their resources. No team could afford to pay LeBron the max if they were already doing so with a few other guys and wanted to truly go 10-deep. So you want LeBron playing with Dragic and Whiteside? Then there goes all that depth. You want LeBron playing with that depth? Say goodbye to Dragic or Whiteside and a nice chunk of it anyway.
    POOP

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    There are many, many things wrong with the statements you've made in this thread, but I'll key in on one in particular. The Heat are 10-deep, you say? Well, LeBron makes $31 million. Take out Dragic and Whiteside, then take out Winslow and McRoberts because they aren't playing. The rest of the entire Heat roster makes just under $31.3 million. That's what I hate about things like this. No ****, any team would be better if you just plopped LeBron onto it. But teams have to make choices with how they allocate their resources. No team could afford to pay LeBron the max if they were already doing so with a few other guys and wanted to truly go 10-deep. So you want LeBron playing with Dragic and Whiteside? Then there goes all that depth. You want LeBron playing with that depth? Say goodbye to Dragic or Whiteside and a nice chunk of it anyway.
    Bingo!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,801
    Oh boy.xD

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    40,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    There are many, many things wrong with the statements you've made in this thread, but I'll key in on one in particular. The Heat are 10-deep, you say? Well, LeBron makes $31 million. Take out Dragic and Whiteside, then take out Winslow and McRoberts because they aren't playing. The rest of the entire Heat roster makes just under $31.3 million. That's what I hate about things like this. No ****, any team would be better if you just plopped LeBron onto it. But teams have to make choices with how they allocate their resources. No team could afford to pay LeBron the max if they were already doing so with a few other guys and wanted to truly go 10-deep. So you want LeBron playing with Dragic and Whiteside? Then there goes all that depth. You want LeBron playing with that depth? Say goodbye to Dragic or Whiteside and a nice chunk of it anyway.
    Yeah but that's circumstantial since some teams have favorable contracts. I took the thread literally cuz it's more impressive and important that way. Like look at Dubs. KD joined there without taking a paycut but he couldn't have if he wanted to join a worse team. Is Bron winning with a team Like that really more impressive than turning the heat into contenders despite whatever contract issues You see. Are they really in bad cap positioning tho?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah but that's circumstantial since some teams have favorable contracts. I took the thread literally cuz it's more impressive and important that way. Like look at Dubs. KD joined there without taking a paycut but he couldn't have if he wanted to join a worse team. Is Bron winning with a team Like that really more impressive than turning the heat into contenders despite whatever contract issues You see. Are they really in bad cap positioning tho?
    Right, I would assume most people did take it seriously, I'm just not crazy about arguments like this that ignore cap ramifications. It's just a bridge too far for me. Ultimately any team would be significantly better with LeBron on them and something like half of the league, if not more, would become title contenders with him. I don't see what's interesting about that conversation.

    Sure, it would be really interesting to see LeBron do it IRL, but he never would. It just wouldn't come up, as much as I'd love to see him do it. I just don't like hypotheticals with such wide parameters ("stick LeBron on team X and they become a contender") and so little connection to reality (there's no scenario in which LeBron ends up on team X anyway). The most interesting hypotheticals to me are the ones that are semi grounded (idk... something like could Klay Thompson be the best player on a championship team, and if so, what kinds of players would you build around him with), and the ones that have some basing in reality (something like what if the Warriors had traded for Kevin Love). I just don't think there's anything interesting to say when it comes to hypotheticals and LeBron. We know he's incredible and would make any team significantly better. If I'm going to have that kind of conversation, if anything, I'd sort of like it to be extreme in either direction just to keep things remotely interesting (like, if I'm going to talk about LeBron on another team, I'd want it to be Philly to see how much he could lift that ****** team, or San Antonio to see how much he could do with the best possible system).

    It's not like Miami's in bad cap positioning though. They have three big contracts (Bosh, Dragic, Whiteside) and a bunch of smaller ones. They're hovering right around the cap off the top of my head. That's pretty standard. This summer they'll dump Bosh and try to replace him with a similar contract. I guess you could argue that once they move Bosh, LeBron could slide into that cap slot, but you also have to factor in raises for all of the free agents they signed last summer who have played well and they don't have bird rights on. Someone is paying Dion Waiters this summer.
    Last edited by Quinnsanity; 03-19-2017 at 01:47 PM.
    POOP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •