Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron Fist

Iron Fist

It came out today what do you guys think?

I'm about 8 episodes in and think that its getting dumped for several reasons some of which have little to do with the actual product on the screen.

I think its better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. But I was one of the few that didn't like Jessica Jones.

It still has its fair share of issues. Especially in the first 3 or 4 episodes which can be slow.

Some of the fight scenes are pretty lackluster and probably should have been redone.

The best thing is that now we get to see all of them together as The Defenders.

Marcus Mariota

Am on the 4th episode and yes it's been slow to develop. Boring at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, just finished the second episode and i like it so far.

I can see some of the issues, choreography is definitely off for a martial arts based show, but mostly I've enjoyed it. It's not DDS1, but it's good.

Bingeing it now, just finished 6. With the hand and that same woman being the threat and the defenders coming up next, im hoping to see a daredevil cameo later on

Am on episode 8 now and it has gotten a bit better, but still very slow to develop.

Just not enough action for me. DD started off with the action and then delved into a great villain, that's what the next 3 shows have lacked. A great villain. Jessica Jones had a decent villain, but action wise was meh. Luke Cage had everything about it great, but the action was average.

I was waiting for some real good martial arts from this show and it just has not delivered on it so far. Thank God "into the badlands" starts this week and I can get my good martial arts fix there.

I thought the first half of the season was better than the second. It was better than Luke Cage, but that's not really saying much. Felt like they had a lot of wasted, stupid dialogue in the second half because they couldn't figure out how to stretch it out to 13 episodes. Probably would have been good at 8, 9 tops. Felt like they had the same conversation over and over again. And they could have done a much better job showing his origins, or some stuff from Kun Lun.

It's better than the reviews suggest but the second half was definitely a disappointment.
    Last edited by Twitchy; 03-18-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Finished it and I think the second half was better than the first.

Still not as good as DD, but imo none of the other shows have been on par with it.

Defenders time!

Daredevil season 1
    Jessica Jones
    Daredevil season 2
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist

In that order for me. I dont like how throughout the entire season you only see about 5 minutes of the actual iron fist in action, and its all pretty lackluster except when he punches the floor in the Rand building. Add to that hes a terrible Iron Fist and it all just kinda seems pointless.

Yeah. Not a fan of this hippee Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Daredevil season 1
    Jessica Jones
    Daredevil season 2
    Luke Cage
    Iron Fist

In that order for me. I dont like how throughout the entire season you only see about 5 minutes of the actual iron fist in action, and its all pretty lackluster except when he punches the floor in the Rand building. Add to that hes a terrible Iron Fist and it all just kinda seems pointless.
    For me is

DD 1
    DD 2
    LC
    JJ
    IF

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    For me is

DD 1
    DD 2
    LC
    JJ
    IF

I considered putting DD2 ahead of jessica jones but didnt want to seem biased towards daredevil, but thats basically what it is lol. Daredevil is far better than the rest of them. JJ and Cage are kind of a toss for me but i liked the purple man villain in JJ better than what Luke Cage had to offer.

I would say

DD 1

DD 2

IF
    LC
    JJ

And those last 3 are almost a toss up. I kinda had to force myself to finish the series. They all seemed to drag on and easily could have been 8 episodes and been better without all the extra junk.

I was very disappointed with the amount of fight scenes and the quality of the fight scenes. This is the Iron Fist aka The Living Weapon and a master martial artist. In the comics Iron Fist I would have said that he would beat Daredevil (without the fist) and Luke Cage. The Iron Fist in this series..... I have my doubts even with the fist.

The writers for Luke Cage and Iron Fist done a terrible job because I liked the castings in both of those series but the storylines and pacing were terrible.

Marcus Mariota

I watched the first 5 episodes and i think it is the best since DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It was alright, not great though - could have been so good. Iron Fist not being super kick *** was a let down for me but it was his origin start so I understand it. It was way better than Luke Cage for me, thought that was the worst of the bunch by far for me. DD1, JJ, DD2, IF, LC is how I would rank it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast