Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,660

    Was Stephen Curry deserving of the unanimous MVP award?

    Hindsight is 20/20 but looking back, was he truly deserving of that?

    *I agree he should have been MVP so let's not debate that part.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    San Jose, Ca.
    Posts
    459
    Well, by using simple logic I would have to say yes. The voters job is to vote for the person deserving of the MVP. While there were other great players, Curry was the only option last year. So any voter who did not vote for Curry, would have not been doing their job. Therefore, Curry was deserving of the unanimous MVP.

    If the question is, is Curry the only player in the history of the NBA that deserves to have the unanimous MVP title? Then of course the answer is no.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,086
    Absolutely. He led the league in OWS, WS and WS/48, PER and his team won an NBA record 73 games. There wasn't a close 2nd.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SACRAMENTO
    Posts
    701
    I get how petty you are trying to be, but you should ask this after the season ends.
    it will either make your hate sad or have a little substance.
    Last edited by MygirlhatesCod; 03-18-2017 at 02:20 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    Absolutely deserving. Fresh off an MVP season, the guy puts together a season in which he was probably legit the most improved player that year...I definitely agree that there have been players in the past who should have gotten it to, but either way, Curry absolutely deserved it.

    And my favorite part? He has no issues taking a back seat following a season in which he probably put up the most efficient offensive numbers in nba history. Can't think of one other player who would make that sacrifice for their team while in their prime.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    There wasn't a close 2nd.
    This

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10,660
    Quote Originally Posted by MygirlhatesCod View Post
    I get how petty you are trying to be, but you should ask this after the season ends.
    it will either make your hate sad or have a little substance.
    Who's being petty? Already said he was the MVP in my eyes but in terms of how important some pieces on his team were and we're seeing that right now, it's debatable just how much of an impact Steph had.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,792
    Do you have any argument to the contrary? You even say it's not a debate that he was the MVP so...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Who's being petty? Already said he was the MVP in my eyes but in terms of how important some pieces on his team were and we're seeing that right now, it's debatable just how much of an impact Steph had.
    Not really, he pretty much led the league in all metrics and even this season (noehrte close to last year's mind you) his impact is huge.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50,931
    An easy yes.

    Just because someone hasn't won a unanimous MVP (even though multiple players have deserved it), it shouldn't take away from Curry being the one. I know some people who say "Curry shouldn't be a unanimous MVP because X and Y didn't win unanimous", which is a dumb argument.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Absolutely deserving. Fresh off an MVP season, the guy puts together a season in which he was probably legit the most improved player that year...I definitely agree that there have been players in the past who should have gotten it to, but either way, Curry absolutely deserved it.

    And my favorite part? He has no issues taking a back seat following a season in which he probably put up the most efficient offensive numbers in nba history. Can't think of one other player who would make that sacrifice for their team while in their prime.
    I think Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Cp3 would sacrifice in their primes. Even Pau Gasol but he was never MVP caliber just a consistent high level player.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50,931
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Absolutely deserving. Fresh off an MVP season, the guy puts together a season in which he was probably legit the most improved player that year...I definitely agree that there have been players in the past who should have gotten it to, but either way, Curry absolutely deserved it.

    And my favorite part? He has no issues taking a back seat following a season in which he probably put up the most efficient offensive numbers in nba history. Can't think of one other player who would make that sacrifice for their team while in their prime.
    Lebron sacrificed 1 MVP in 2011 for the sake of the Miami Heat bro.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,789
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Who's being petty? Already said he was the MVP in my eyes but in terms of how important some pieces on his team were and we're seeing that right now, it's debatable just how much of an impact Steph had.
    Remember MVP is a regular season award. His numbers raw and advanced were killer last year and his team was historical in the regular season as well. Your case is more compelling if MVP includes the playoffs, but it doesn't.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SACRAMENTO
    Posts
    701
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Who's being petty? Already said he was the MVP in my eyes but in terms of how important some pieces on his team were and we're seeing that right now, it's debatable just how much of an impact Steph had.
    where is the debate? other than curry who would you select ahead of him? if you were to actually watch games you would see the impact he has on the floor. his +/- is exceptional. All you seem to think curry does is shoot three's because now that he is slumping in that department all of the sudden his selection last year (which has nothing to do with this year) is in question. its either you are just a curry/warriors hater or you believe how well a players shoots 3's is a the measure of an MVP.
    so yeah, without a legit reason it does read petty.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    I think Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Cp3 would sacrifice in their primes. Even Pau Gasol but he was never MVP caliber just a consistent high level player.
    Yea, ur probably right. I got a bit carried away, lol

    Even kawhi and David Robinson. Something bout the Spurs...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •