Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Oh. I thought he becomes a FA next year. We should be OK then.
    1st rounders have 5th year team options which barring some crazy event I'm sure the Giants will pick up for the 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    1st rounders have 5th year team options which barring some crazy event I'm sure the Giants will pick up for the 2018 season.
    Thanks for the info. That's definitely good news for us.

That is a lot of guaranteed money and a lot per year too... I am surprised his annual is just as much as the franchise tag would've been. And that he has almost 80% of it already guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    That is a lot of guaranteed money and a lot per year too... I am surprised his annual is just as much as the franchise tag would've been. And that he has almost 80% of it already guaranteed.
    Yeah, It's a lot of money/guaranteed for a guy with one hand and injury issues.

Well he said it's fake. That's a ton of money and doesn't add any cap room :/
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Well he said it's fake. That's a ton of money and doesn't add any cap room :/
    I have seen reports on multiple sites about the 4 year contract agreement but no financial details. My guess is that the $17M/year number is bogus. I would think it would be closer to the $10M he made this past year. Maybe something like $12M/year for 4 years.

Not a fan of this deal. But the Giants are all-in this year. It's pretty much Superbowl or bust with this group.

We will definitely keep Odell, but I'm worried about Collins now looking at cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Not a fan of this deal. But the Giants are all-in this year. It's pretty much Superbowl or bust with this group.

We will definitely keep Odell, but I'm worried about Collins now looking at cap room.
    Tag

If it's true I HATE it

Source confirms contract details for Jason Pierre-Paul: 4 years, $62 million base, up to $66 million
    $40 million guaranteed#Giants #NYG

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post

The numbers weren't correct that were stated earlier. Updated numbers posted. Much better.

Yeah 4/40m is very fair. I'm a fan of this deal. The $54m guaranteed would have been a horrible deal.

Nice. JPP should be a giant for life.

And btw check THIS out:

JPP's 2017 cap hit is expected to be $7.5 million (per Howard Balzer) saving the Giants approximately $10 million in additional cap space.

Our front office is amazing. It's not likely, but we COULD be back in play for a Hankins return...as long as his agent has come down to earth from those 8 figure per year he was rumored to be looking for.

Again doubtful and they do like Bromley, but we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fine with letting Hankins walk and drafting a pash-rush kind of DT.

Though if Hank wants to come back for a Dontari Poe salary, I'd be fine with that. But I'd prefer that we add some good LBs, CB depth, and a kicker.

I'd rather keep the flexibility for keeping guys like OBJ, Collins, Pugh, and Richburg.

It's a slightly bigger contract than I expected, but I'm sure glad we get to keep him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast