Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast

The 2016-17 All NBA Trades and Free Agency Thread Part V - The After Party

Happy St. Patty's everyone!☘️🍻🍺

I think once the season ends and we figure out what our draft position is we can make some changes.

Melo isn't going anywhere so theres that

Rose I just don't want back here at all. I'm just watching last night and seeing Lin score and just getting guys involved at the same time vs Rose just scoring and not getting guys involve is just painful to watch. Why pay someone 20 mil a year for 3 years when you got a guy like lin having a good economic contract and play just as well if not better then rose. We already tied up with Noah contract and even if he wasn't I wouldn't just Sign rose just because we have no choice. We do. We are not going to be good next year so would you rather be bad with rose clawing for a playoff spot or be bad getting young guys 40+ a game and getting their feet wet. We are not contenders with or without rose

Quinn is interesting for the fact that I want him here. However he has a player option after next and he would be stupid to not opt out and get big money. Do we want tow guys coming off the bench getting 15+ as role players? Idk not me. I would trade him for a pick and just expand the big rotation with KP/Billy/Noah

Lee idk either. He is good at what he is ask to do but he is in his early 30's and we are not going to be good for another year at least.

I'm not going to pick any FA signings until I know where we pick in the draft. Besides the stars who are not coming I rather just sign some 2 way cheap role players and call it a day.
    Stay Humble

Excited we have the 6th worst record now. Legit shot at #1 or at least top 3. Keep losing boys!

Starting to hope the losing finally wears on Melo.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Excited we have the 6th worst record now. Legit shot at #1 or at least top 3. Keep losing boys!
    The best we can hope for is 4th.
    Stay Humble

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    Starting to hope the losing finally wears on Melo.
    I don't think Melo is going anywhere. Phil could've handled this like a man and talked to Melo about the future of the team and how we wont be good for a while. Instead, he tried to the Zen Master. He got a couple of big name players in here to make it seem like he put a good enough team together for Melo.

He has thrown Melo under the buss and has been pretty much forcing him to waive his NTC. I think him bringing back the triangle is part of that. He wants to make thing miserable for Melo so he asks for a trade. Melo is too smart for that. He knows what Phil is doing, he said that he wont let Phil force him out. It has become personal. I don't think Melo is going anywhere. He's not coming off the bench for a contender and he's accepting a reduced role.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    The best we can hope for is 4th.
    I would be happy with that. We always get screwed in the draft, so if we have the 4th worst record we'd get like the 6-7th pick. That's why I don't want to finish with the 8th or 9th worst record because we'll end up with the last pick in the lottery. Watch the Lakers get the #1 pick this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I don't think Melo is going anywhere. Phil could've handled this like a man and talked to Melo about the future of the team and how we wont be good for a while. Instead, he tried to the Zen Master. He got a couple of big name players in here to make it seem like he put a good enough team together for Melo.

He has thrown Melo under the buss and has been pretty much forcing him to waive his NTC. I think him bringing back the triangle is part of that. He wants to make thing miserable for Melo so he asks for a trade. Melo is too smart for that. He knows what Phil is doing, he said that he wont let Phil force him out. It has become personal. I don't think Melo is going anywhere. He's not coming off the bench for a contender and he's accepting a reduced role.
    Thing is of all people that could benefit from the triangle it should have benefited Melo the most. It is actually a perfect fit to his game except for the fact that all he has been willing to do consistently is iso in the high post.

Team defense is our issue though. For the obsession that fans and the media have with the triangle, it has had little to no contribution to the teams failure. Melo seems hell bent on staying here though so not sure if we will be able to move him. Hopefully the ping pong balls bounce our way and then we'll have something to talk about. Either way we have several more years before we need to worry about salary cap issues because we won't be in contention. I would be extremely selective in free agency if I am Phil. You can go with short term deals again unless you really find a young undervalued player then overpay to get him to add to the core of KP/Willy/Draft pick.

How do you guys feel about Ben Mclemore. i know he hasn't been good at all In Sac-Town but coaching changes, roster turnover, no direction. Idk if thats good for him. Not that the knicks are any better but I wouldn't mind give him a try. We are not winning anything anyway so why not.

He isn't have a great much but he had a very good Feb. Hield kinda took his minutes though.
    Stay Humble

Or you have been fed this narative, and in reality he did talk to Melo and Melo did agree to waive his NTC for the right situation. And all the teams that he would go to tried to make us take garbage we don't want like they were doing us a favor by taking him.

Hell the Clippers said no when we said we didn't even want their big 3.

Maybe that has more to do with it than the **** these reports have been spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackadalic View Post
    How do you guys feel about Ben Mclemore. i know he hasn't been good at all In Sac-Town but coaching changes, roster turnover, no direction. Idk if thats good for him. Not that the knicks are any better but I wouldn't mind give him a try. We are not winning anything anyway so why not.

He isn't have a great much but he had a very good Feb. Hield kinda took his minutes though.
    I really dont think anyone can be successful here until melo rose and phil are gone this team is not going anywhere as long coaches get pushed around by star players and team president

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Or you have been fed this narative, and in reality he did talk to Melo and Melo did agree to waive his NTC for the right situation. And all the teams that he would go to tried to make us take garbage we don't want like they were doing us a favor by taking him.

Maybe that has more to do with it than the **** these reports have been spewing.
    No because the trade rumors started surfacing before Melo sat down with Phil. Melo had to request a meeting with Phil just to figure out what was going on. Theres no doubt that he might have considered the Clippers and the Cavs. But Phil has been trying to force Melo out and Melo himself said that he refuses to be run out of town by Phil. The honeymoon period for Phil is gone. People need to stop making excuses for him. The last three years have indicated how incompetent Phil is a GM/President.

No because the trade rumors started surfacing before Melo sat down with Phil. Melo had to request a meeting with Phil just to figure out what was going on. Theres no doubt that he might have considered the Clippers and the Cavs. But Phil has been trying to force Melo out and Melo himself said that he refuses to be run out of town by Phil. The honeymoon period for Phil is gone. People need to stop making excuses for him. The last three years have indicated how incompetent Phil is a GM/President.
    So..Melo is going to "outsmart" Phil by spending the rest of his productive years wasting away here to prove a point Makes sense to me - you go MELO

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post

you mean the bull that Carmelo Anthony has been spewing himself?

Anthony says Knicks haven't talked to him about a trade

Facebook
    Twitter
    Email
    AP
    2 weeks ago
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) Carmelo Anthony hasn't heard anything from the New York Knicks that makes him believe he's being traded.
    A day before the NBA's trade deadline, Anthony said Wednesday that he expects to remain with the Knicks, since they've given him no indication they're looking to deal their All-Star forward.

"I haven't heard anything," Anthony said after returning to practice. "I haven't seen anything other than what's on social media. But other than that nobody has reached out to me, nobody has called me, nobody has called my team. That's why I'm not too concerned about it."

Just because something comes from the media doesn't make it fact or fiction, it's important to invest the time to filter through all the information to find the truth. I think our media only wants the negative twist because it makes their jobs better, controversy sells, but the demonization is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by bofakop View Post
    So..Melo is going to "outsmart" Phil by spending the rest of his productive years wasting away here to prove a point Makes sense to me - you go MELO
    A championship is not everything and its not guaranteed. The media and fans have created this idea that once you're a veteran, you should go chase championships with other teams. Years ago, it was normal for players like Melo to play for one team their whole career. Now you're entire career is considered a failure if you don't win a championship. You're wasting your time if you stay with your own franchise and they're not winning.

If you're Melo, do you stay with the team that you like, the city that you and your family love, be recognized as a star & improve your brand, be a starter and still be the face of the team for another 2 seasons or would you rather go join a team like Cleveland/Clippers and be the 4th option and possibly coming off the bench? A championship is not even guaranteed. Option #1 looks pretty good. If this was Melo 3-4 years ago, it would be totally different.
    Last edited by AFG-NYC; 03-17-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast