Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Just got the first outpost done, the game is about what I expected and I am having fun. The one thing I wasn't expecting was to really like the new conversation system- I was a huge fan of that with the KOTOR games and the other ME games, but I really like that you have four ways to reply to people in the universe.

Some of the vocal animations are off, but the characters look amazing. I am running it on Ultra setting on my laptop even though I technically dont have the framerate to make it work, but I've noticed no issues. The only negative I have so far is that Ryder's movements, especially walking around, aren't as tight as moving around Shepard
    The game isn't nearly as bad as review sites have said

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I think reviews are just holding it up to the standards of the previous games in the series.

Played this for 3 hours tonight and didn't even touch the main storyline lol. I've been working on getting an outpost on Katara, and there's a lot of things you need to do to achieve it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Played this for 3 hours tonight and didn't even touch the main storyline lol. I've been working on getting an outpost on Katara, and there's a lot of things you need to do to achieve it.

Same with me. Eos is done and I just need to beat the architect on Voeld.
    Haven't gone to Havarl yet

So ignore the ratings on this one?

I never played previous ones till playing a little bit of 3 when it was put on EA vault for free. My buddy swears by it and I thought about checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post

I never played previous ones till playing a little bit of 3 when it was put on EA vault for free. My buddy swears by it and I thought about checking it out.
    The animations are a bit odd and the main story is OK but it's a wicked fun game

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the game. And for how much content there is, it's worth the purchase imo.

It's all whiney virgin meme kids crying about the animations.

Don't pay attention to that.

I finally finished- April was a crazy month for me, and I always play as a completionist the first time through. I thought the reviews didn't do the game justice- it wasn't ME2 for me, but it's a very good game on it's own and they did a great job of setting things up for the future.

What I liked:

1.) Expanding the "loyalty missions" into loyalty quests. I like that it was longer and more involved, and it felt like you got to know your squadmates on different levels. While rank 6 skills is a perfectly fine bonus, I wish something more was involved as an incentive.

2.) The open world exploration on each outpost planet. While some of the quests are annoying (like finding data pads that don't have nav points and randomly appear) getting into multiple sandboxes was fun. Even playing the main story for each planet gave you time to run around everywhere and get the experience of each different world.

3.) The Nomad beats the other vehicles from the Shepard trilogy hands down. Bioware finally got vehicles right.

What I didn't like:

1.) I don't have a complaint about the main story as far as content goes, I just thought it was relatively short. I know that with outpost planets, they beefed up content there, but I essentially completed all of the outposts before I invaded the Archon's ship. After that, it was only a few hours before I beat the game.

2.) Graphics and conversation glitches. That is one of the biggest complaints people had. I couldn't run this game on my laptop at full power, which is brand new, and even backing some things off, graphics are a bit dated. Add to that the conversations and lip-reading was off, and it felt like they could have done better.

3.) I would have liked more outposts and planet exploration, and maybe less "fluff" missions put on the outpost planets.

That being said, there are a few things to discuss for those who have completed the game. Some things might be explored with DLC, others we might have to wait until the second game.

1.) Who is the benefactor, and are they in this galaxy? People are speculating the Benefactor could be the Illusive Man or the Shadow Broker (not quite in line with Liara taking over, however) or even a Reaper or Geth. Or is that it will be someone who we haven't seen, but is related to a character from the previous ME trilogy.

One interesting point- one of the comics about the origins of The Illusive Man is that his name is Jack Harper, so take that for what it's worth. If the Benefactor is a combination of TIM and Cora, that is very well done on Bioware's part, especially if your Ryder romanced her.

I definitely think it's the Illusive Man, but the role he will play here might be limited, and there's also the fact that the voice that came to Alec Ryder was female. TIM was interested in AI to control the Reapers, and was also interested in the Quarians because of their creative of the Geth. It stands to reason he assisted Alec Ryder financially to complete SAM. TIM was also readying for the Reapers, and definitely believed Shepard's warning.

2.) The Quarian ark is in trouble, will we get a chance to save them now or something that sits until later?

3.) What role does Primus (the Archon's second in command and who wanted to betray him to Ryder) have now in the Heleus Cluster, and will we learn more about where the Kett are stationed and their homeworld?

4.) Will we learn anything more about the Jaardan and where they went following activation of the Scorge?

Man I'm feeling like I'll never beat this game lol. I don't know when the last time I played a main mission was. I played for like 5 hours today and it was all side quests.... I put a settlement on that fricken ice cold snow world. There's still so many side missions I can do. This game is crazy with how much content there is. When the side quests start feeling like the main storyline, you know you've got a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Man I'm feeling like I'll never beat this game lol. I don't know when the last time I played a main mission was. I played for like 5 hours today and it was all side quests.... I put a settlement on that fricken ice cold snow world. There's still so many side missions I can do. This game is crazy with how much content there is. When the side quests start feeling like the main storyline, you know you've got a good game.

And after you leave, I guarantee you will be going back to past planets 4-5 times. It gets to be a drag later in the game, but nothing you cant power through.

My wife thinks its her favorite of the series so far. I disagree. But still a good game.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    My wife thinks its her favorite of the series so far. I disagree. But still a good game.
    Its a very good game. Despite some of the flaws, I think it's a top 30 game for this generation. However, if you do rankings by console generation, ME2 was a top 5 game (and I would say the top game) of the last generation, and ME3 was a top 10-15 depending on how you felt about the ending.

Kotaku is reporting that the studio that made Andromeda, Bioware Montreal, has been downsized to a support studio for Bioware by EA. EA is sending the people they pulled out to work on Battlefront II. They've also put the future development of the Mass Effect franchise on ice for now.

I wonder what that means for DLC, and whether or not they plan to go back to the Shepard storyline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12