Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mass Effect Andromeda

Anyone getting this? I've got it pre ordered and have been playing it through EA Access. It's so much fun, and although I've only played about 2 hours, it's been a very good game so far. Release date is March 21st.

I've played through ME2 and ME3 four times, I am definitely going to get this. However, I am concerned with them continuing to develop multiplayer, if this takes away their focus from the single player story and brings down the entire game, like it did to Assassin's Creed.

Have heard mixed things. Interested though.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Have heard mixed things. Interested though.
    They've lost a lot of talent, from Casey Hudson on down. I am actually an avid Star Wars: The Old Republic player and they had to pull people from the Austin studios (who manage SWTOR) to fill emergency gaps in production for Andromeda.

I'm debating on getting it for my wife. That is all she plays Mass Effect and Dragon Age. She has beat them all probably 3 or 4 times.

Marcus Mariota

Man. They only let you progress like halfway through the second mission on the game. Sucks because I really got into it and now I have to wait until Tuesday lol

Middling reviews too. I know they aren't everything but for a AAA game a 75 is mediocre. Maybe I'll give it a whirl after BoTW and Persona 5.

I'm hearing main quest is very predictable, and bland compared to the previous games, but the side missions are great and go really in depth. Loyalty missions are unlike the loyalty missions from ME2- instead of one one-off mission, entire quest lines are dedicated to them. For someone like me who is a completionist, this actually is pretty exciting for me.

I bought the game tonight and just got to the point where I established my first outpost. I'm loving it so far.

I think the games fun. Ya the animations are kinda odd but I've been playing star dew valley for awhile so they look fine to me haha

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I'm hearing main quest is very predictable, and bland compared to the previous games, but the side missions are great and go really in depth. Loyalty missions are unlike the loyalty missions from ME2- instead of one one-off mission, entire quest lines are dedicated to them. For someone like me who is a completionist, this actually is pretty exciting for me.
    Yeah after I finished the second main mission I did 3 side missions that were just as fun if not more fun than the actual story. Those 3 side missions took like 2 hours, but I loved it.

I stayed up too late last night playing this game and am dragging at work today lol. I can't wait to get off and go explore more of the galaxy though. I'm taking tomorrow off and am just going to play all day. So much fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I think the games fun. Ya the animations are kinda odd but I've been playing star dew valley for awhile so they look fine to me haha

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
    Yeah and the animations aren't awful most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Also regarding the main quest. I guess it starts out unexciting and predictable, but that it gets much better later on.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Also regarding the main quest. I guess it starts out unexciting and predictable, but that it gets much better later on.
    One review I heard states otherwise, at least for the main villain. I don't know when I'll finish the game since I have a crazy couple weeks ahead , so we might be chatting later about this.

Just got the first outpost done, the game is about what I expected and I am having fun. The one thing I wasn't expecting was to really like the new conversation system- I was a huge fan of that with the KOTOR games and the other ME games, but I really like that you have four ways to reply to people in the universe.

Some of the vocal animations are off, but the characters look amazing. I am running it on Ultra setting on my laptop even though I technically dont have the framerate to make it work, but I've noticed no issues. The only negative I have so far is that Ryder's movements, especially walking around, aren't as tight as moving around Shepard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast