Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is tanking?

Who is tanking?

This isn't an accusation, it's a question. Some teams are bad, some gain nothing from losing, and some teams are actively trying to minimize their chances of winning.

Lakers?
    Bulls?
    Suns?
    Sixers?

It feels like more teams are tanking this year than I recall in the past.

Who else?
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Knicks & the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Knicks & the Lakers
    Knicks are not tanking they just suck.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/where-out...s-losing-espn/

its so nice seeing the wilbons and SAS being hypocrites as usual saying its good for the lakers to tank but they were outraged when the sixers did it... someone put it all together and its fantastic... over the last 4 seasons the lakers have 10 more wins than the lakers and the gap will likely end up at 6 or so by the end of this season but OMG THE SIXERS TANK GTFO

The suns when playing the lakers the other night literally sat all of their guys to start the 4th and put out the worst lineup anyone has seen... it was a battle of who will lose and laker fans can back me up on this because they were as shocked as I was watching that **** with what the suns did.... the reason it seems like more teams are tanking this season isnt because they are its because nobody can focus in on the sixers and push all the hate towards us so now they actually see the tank.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 03-16-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    Knicks & the Lakers
    How are the lakers tanking when the best players are playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I would say the same thing about the Lakers. Ingram is just okay honestly, Clarkson can run it up, Russell coming off the bench and he looks like he doesn't like that at all. Just not a good team.

The Suns shutting down Bledose and I think they are better than how they play.

The Knicks are terrible but they have talent to win games, they just are so uninspired.

Im leaving out the 76ers, watching them they play like they care with young guys.

Who is tanking?

Knicks aren't tanking they are just terrible

This, but I imagine we start tanking soon-ish. Right now we're in 8th, but we could really easily get to 4th, so don't be surprised if the fake injuries start popping up soon.
    POOP

Pacers are not tanking, unfortunately. I've never been less excited for my team's postseason. The Pacers are a mess and need to retool, with or without Paul George.

Lakers are about the only ones hard core tanking with sitting a healthy Mozgov and Deng.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Lakers are about the only ones hard core tanking with sitting a healthy Mozgov and Deng.
    Suns shut down a healthy Eric Bledsoe and he wasnt happy about...so add the Suns to that list

I guess we should say that the Sixers are tanking. Not the players or the coach but the front office. Shutting down The Process, Simmons, throwing away Noel. Are they going to shut down Saric soon?

The Lakers goal was to get to a top 3 pick and they are in line to get it. I wonder if the front office had words with Walton when they were winning too much?

I guess we should say that the Sixers are tanking. Not the players or the coach but the front office. Shutting down The Process, Simmons, throwing away Noel. Are they going to shut down Saric soon?

The Lakers goal was to get to a top 3 pick and they are in line to get it. I wonder if the front office had words with Walton when they were winning too much?
    winning to much? we were 10-10 at one point

we haven't won **** in months lol

except when other teams were tanking like Phoenix

Kings should, but they are too stupid to do it...

Super team, huh Derrick? Talk about setting fans up for disappointment lmao.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast