Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    judge not lest ye be judged, Fanofclendennon
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Don't we routinely "judge" players in this baseball forum? We don't talk about the likelihood of a prospect's chances? We don't criticize pitchers with high ERAs? Batters with low OBPs? Fielders with slow feet, metal gloves, and angle arms?

How is Tebow immune from these discussions?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Don't we routinely "judge" players in this baseball forum? We don't talk about the likelihood of a prospect's chances? We don't criticize pitchers with high ERAs? Batters with low OBPs? Fielders with slow feet, metal gloves, and angle arms?

How is Tebow immune from these discussions?
    B/C he is an old class A ball player coming from football. No one cares nor should they unless he does well. that would be a surprise. you think its a story when he does poorly b/c you are an irrational hater who doesn't know a joke when he sees one. Some people like Tebow and want him to do well. Some hold out hope that he can be a ball player b/c they like so him much but mostly they even think its a loooong shot . I personally like him b/c of how he angers people like you. Go Tebow!!
    Last edited by ewing; 04-20-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

B/C he is an old class A ball player coming from football. No one cares nor should they unless he does well. that would be a surprise. you think its a story when he does poorly b/c you are an irrational hater who doesn't know a joke when he sees one. Some people like Tebow and want him to do well. Some hold out hope that he can be a ball player b/c they like so him much but mostly they even think its a loooong shot . I personally like him b/c of how he angers people like you. Go Tebow!!
    Again with the hater.

Other than the name calling, i appreciate your post. Helps me understand people who get angry when you talk about his failings as a baseball player. If I offer you my perspective, will you still keep calling me a hater? Anyway, here goes:

I've been a fan of baseball for more than 50 years. I've studied it's history thoroughly. Made dozens of trips to Cooperstown. And have never played in a Fantasy Baseball League in my entire life.

Baseball is somewhat sacred to me. The idea that someone can walk away from the game for 10 years and then be treated as a potential major leaguer to me is an insult. The idea is an insult, not Tebow.

I actually have loads of respect for Tebow. He isn't trying to trade in on his celebrity. He busted his butt in the Instructional League, he busted his butt in Spring Training, and he's busting his butt now in Class A ball.

But when he hit two home runs in his first three games, i started hearing once again that hey, maybe, just maybe Tim Tebow can become a major leaguer. The idea that some people think this is even possible is a slap in the face to very game i love so much. Baseball isn't so easy that a 29-year-old well conditioned athlete can walk on the field and become a major leaguer in a few years.

I guess I take the game much more seriously than you. Doesn't mean I'm the right kind of fan any more than you are the wrong kind. Again, it's just my perspective.

But hey, call me a hater again.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Again with the hater.

Other than the name calling, i appreciate your post. Helps me understand people who get angry when you talk about his failings as a baseball player. If I offer you my perspective, will you still keep calling me a hater? Anyway, here goes:

I've been a fan of baseball for more than 50 years. I've studied it's history thoroughly. Made dozens of trips to Cooperstown. And have never played in a Fantasy Baseball League in my entire life.

Baseball is somewhat sacred to me. The idea that someone can walk away from the game for 10 years and then be treated as a potential major leaguer to me is an insult. The idea is an insult, not Tebow.

I actually have loads of respect for Tebow. He isn't trying to trade in on his celebrity. He busted his butt in the Instructional League, he busted his butt in Spring Training, and he's busting his butt now in Class A ball.

But when he hit two home runs in his first three games, i started hearing once again that hey, maybe, just maybe Tim Tebow can become a major leaguer. The idea that some people think this is even possible is a slap in the face to very game i love so much. Baseball isn't so easy that a 29-year-old well conditioned athlete can walk on the field and become a major leaguer in a few years.

I guess I take the game much more seriously than you. Doesn't mean I'm the right kind of fan any more than you are the wrong kind. Again, it's just my perspective.

But hey, call me a hater again.
    sure hater- just joking. your take does seem different then most who seem to be rooting against him. I could see not wanting to get invested in him as QB but rooting against him as a minor leaguer seemed spiteful

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

AThe idea that someone can walk away from the game for 10 years and then be treated as a potential major leaguer to me is an insult. The idea is an insult, not Tebow.
    Shouldn't your ire be directed at Mets ownership/management?
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Lol his manager said he's got major league potential? You got a source on that? Every scout who has seen him has said the exact opposite so I sincerely doubt his manager would say such a thing.

The leader part I can buy in to.
    http://sportsnaut.com/2017/04/minor-...y-big-leagues/

We know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    AThe idea that someone can walk away from the game for 10 years and then be treated as a potential major leaguer to me is an insult. The idea is an insult, not Tebow.
    Shouldn't your ire be directed at Mets ownership/management?
    No although originally it had been. Mets made an interesting business decision. They're helping their relationship with Columbia and selling more T shirts. I guess that's worth 100K.

No im just annoyed with anyone who argues how Tebow is a potential MLBer.

No im just annoyed with anyone who argues how Tebow is a potential MLBer.
    He has more athleticism and power potential than many players in the SAL. If he doesn't belong there, then I don't think lesser players should be there either. Truth is roughly 80% of the rosters in the SAL are cannon fodder. I don't care that Tebow is among them, and I don't care what the Mets paid him as a bonus because he DOES have more worth to the organization than a random 40th round pick.

I do think he is a potential MLB player. He has a 2% chance IMO.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    He has more athleticism and power potential than many players in the SAL. If he doesn't belong there, then I don't think lesser players should be there either. Truth is roughly 80% of the rosters in the SAL are cannon fodder. I don't care that Tebow is among them, and I don't care what the Mets paid him as a bonus because he DOES have more worth to the organization than a random 40th round pick.

I do think he is a potential MLB player. He has a 2% chance IMO.
    Why 2 instead of 3% or 1%

Explain.

SAL players will grow, get stronger, and develop. Few will make it to the majors. I'm not sure if you can tell me which ones will and which ones will not with any certainty.

One player who will not grow nor improve is Tim Tebow. Can say with complete certainly (0% chance) he will not make it to the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Coach was being nice, IMO.

2% chance lol. The guy is in low A ball stinking it up.

Maybe the coach was just being nice but if that's the case, then he's just making himself look dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    2% chance lol. The guy is in low A ball stinking it up.

Maybe the coach was just being nice but if that's the case, then he's just making himself look dumb.
    Lol well, Tebow is leading the team with homers. So what if he's only hitting .156 with a .224 OBP?

Tebow's numbers are awesome for a dude who hasn't played in a decade and for that matter Jordan's numbers were also amazing for a dude who didn't play for 15 years and went right to the AA level

Why 2 instead of 3% or 1%

Explain.

SAL players will grow, get stronger, and develop. Few will make it to the majors. I'm not sure if you can tell me which ones will and which ones will not with any certainty.
    Having watched the SAL for 25 years, I can with dependable certainty project a player's future after watching him a few times. There's also a difference between "reaching" MLB and being a productive MLB player. That can be a little more fuzzy.
    I am that Daddy Cool

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast