Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vikings sign Latavius Murray RB

Wow!! lol I don't hate this signing at all. Not sure how much they paid for him yet. I just saw this pop up on my news feed! Daaaaamn!

I'm cool w it. Good back who can catch and pass block

Will miss you AP

.220/.260/.382
    A-BOMBS: 8
    RBI:28

Chester Taylor 2.0

Not a huge playmaker but reliable in all facets of the position. I like it. It brings back reliability to the position.

well, before I knew he was likely gone
    now I know he is
    AP is done in purple, sad but true
    Before I thought no way he'd sign with the enemy, but now who knows- if the Packers make an offer, he just may take it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Remember all those annoying 3rd and 4th and 1's we couldn't convert last year? This should put an end to that. Consequently, those drives last longer and end in points, and maybe we stick around/win a couple more games. It truly is a game of inches, and we didn't have a back who could get them last year.

Think they will let him wear 28?

Mistake.

I don't mind this signing as long as it doesn't deter us from drafting a RB in this years class. I like Murray for the insurance but if we are signing him in place of drafting a guy like Mixon or Foreman I am going to be super pissed.

I have no problem with this signing. Actually kind of like it. 3 year deal which can be voided after the first year. So no risk there. Again, this isn't a signing that says we don't have to worry about RB but I feel now it has really put us in position to just draft BPA for most of our picks now.

Murray has better ball security than AP, better pass blocker and better receiver. Hard to say if at this point if he is better than AP at actually running the ball. Whether it was the line or AP last year, AP looked old and slow in the time he did play. AP is physically in better shape than probably anyone but it almost appears his body is not going to allow it. I do think, on the right team, he can still be successful. NYG in particular, I don't think he fits GB.

Not a big fan of this deal. He looks like Tarzan but runs like Jane. He doesn't make many defenders miss. He's just an ok player. Honestly would have rather had Lacy. If we use him like we did with Asiata and use McKinnon as the leader of the committee then I guess I'm ok with this but not a big fan.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Not a big fan of this deal. He looks like Tarzan but runs like Jane. He doesn't make many defenders miss. He's just an ok player. Honestly would have rather had Lacy. If we use him like we did with Asiata and use McKinnon as the leader of the committee then I guess I'm ok with this but not a big fan.
    Ya surprising for a guy who has legit 4.4 speed he is not really a game breaker.

Most of his TDs were from 5 yards or less.

What was our biggest problem last year? Not scoring TDs at the goal line! He's only gunna help our offense. Maybe we finally won't see 8 guys in the box for a change.

He's also much better from the gun than we've gotten and can block so maybe Sam isn't on his butt so much.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings1252 View Post
    Most of his TDs were from 5 yards or less.

What was our biggest problem last year? Not scoring TDs at the goal line! He's only gunna help our offense. Maybe we finally won't see 8 guys in the box for a change.
    Well it's really hard to say because he played behind an OL that averaged 1.68 yards before any contact. The Vikes were at like .88 or .98, cant' remember exactly. That number for the Vikes is better now with our signings but still isn't Raider good.

One thing is for sure, it appears that we have a guy with outstanding character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heBILbTTGw0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast