Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    Nice! We got our yearly blowup game from Brussell Sprouts, just like last year's BKN performance.

The savvy will view this as a saving grace for trading him this summer, while others will take it as an opportunity to say, "SEE?! I told you he's so great, young, and gifted".

Just like Randle's recent stretch of near triple doubles, this should be viewed as necessary trade fodder for the summertime.

But hey, if two years of disturbing frollicking and posturing haven't completely turned you off of Russell, nothing will.

There's a difference between not liking Russell and saying he sucks or both...
    Where do you stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post

Where do you stand?
    Why does it really even matter tho? I really don't understand this... Just because we are laker fans doesn't mean we have to like every single player on the lakers..

Idk if you're a baseball fan but I grew up absolutely HATING Sergio romo (and I really don't hate many players in sports but he's one of them) and he just barely signed with my Dodgers this offseason.. I'm still trying to accept that.. hopefully if he plays good for the Dodgers I'll get over it but it just seems weird to me.. haha

My personal stance on russell: I think he sucks as a ball distributer but I think he has talent as a scorer. I don't hate him, but idk if I'd say that I like him at this point either because he just makes so many idiotic plays that annoy me.. As he and his game matures I might like him more, but right now his inconsistencies shooing and poor decision making and mental brain farts are kinda annoying to me personally.. that's just my opinion tho and everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Why does it really even matter tho? I really don't understand this... Just because we are laker fans doesn't mean we have to like every single player on the lakers..

Idk if you're a baseball fan but I grew up absolutely HATING Sergio romo (and I really don't hate many players in sports but he's one of them) and he just barely signed with my Dodgers this offseason.. I'm still trying to accept that.. hopefully if he plays good for the Dodgers I'll get over it but it just seems weird to me.. haha

My personal stance on russell: I think he sucks as a ball distributer but I think he has talent as a scorer. I don't hate him, but idk if I'd say that I like him at this point either because he just makes so many idiotic plays that annoy me.. As he and his game matures I might like him more, but right now his inconsistencies shooing and poor decision making and mental brain farts are kinda annoying to me personally.. that's just my opinion tho and everyone is entitled to their own opinion
    You need to read some of these posts...I think it's real silly to say Russell just sucks as a basketball player...plain silly...it's another thing to say he rubs you the wrong way and you don't like him because of "fill in the blank"...or just move him to SG, he'll be a better fit there ...
    Russell needs to be consistent for sure...But he's young...and he may not be that mature to begin with...But the kid has skills....and maybe bad knees too...that's another topic...and thread...

Where do you stand?
    My stance is pretty simple...

So when I see a 40-pt performance, I see it as the insignificant outlier that it is, not some sort of revelation of his greatness or talent..

The kid is slow, lazy, WILDLY unathletic, and he's not a point guard by any stretch of the imagination.

I remember when I fell for his BKN performance last year.....he's the same immature pig now, just different lipstick.

So when I see a 40-pt performance, I see it as the insignificant outlier that it is, not some sort of revelation of his greatness or talent..

The kid is slow, lazy, WILDLY unathletic, and he's not a point guard by any stretch of the imagination.

I remember when I fell for his BKN performance last year.....he's the same immature pig now, just different lipstick.
    So he sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

We can thank the current CBA for allowing these 19 year old kids to keep pouring into the NBA after 1 year of college, with little-to-no life and character maturity. If I had a vote, I would vote to have the NBA draft restricted to age 20+ and/or 2+ years of college/semi pro ball.

Best-case scenario is if we can somehow swindle Indiana to take Russell & Young for George in the summer...because it sounds like a fore-gone conclusion he'll sign with the Lakers in the summer of '18. So the Pacers need to get something for him before he jumps ship.

So he sucks?
    The dream of having a new-age, flashy, 3pt-shooting point guard with the 2nd overall pick has been quashed by the reality of having a lackluster, disinterested, combo guard whose ceiling is Jamal Crawford.

So, in short, yes...he sucks.

The dream of having a new-age, flashy, 3pt-shooting point guard with the 2nd overall pick has been quashed by the reality of having a lackluster, disinterested, combo guard whose ceiling is Jamal Crawford.

So, in short, yes...he sucks.
    He doesn't "suck". You don't score 40 points in an nba game if you suck. Jamal Crawford doesn't suck either so if that's his ceiling then he will be a great scoring guard off the bench that doesn't do much else, but still adds value to the team. I agree he is immature, lazy, unathletic, etc...but that still doesn't mean he "sucks".

Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    He doesn't "suck". You don't score 40 points in an nba game if you suck. Jamal Crawford doesn't suck either so if that's his ceiling then he will be a great scoring guard off the bench that doesn't do much else, but still adds value to the team. I agree he is immature, lazy, unathletic, etc...but that still doesn't mean he "sucks".
    I don't think he "sucks" either in the general sense as you have described...

what he is though is

entitled
    cocky for no reason - never done chit
    not a guy who is going to be a #1
    a negative influence on the other young players

The question you have to ask yourself is are you going to pay this guy max money in 2 years when he is eligible for an extension (10/18)...

If not you have to move on from him no later than next years deadline because his trade value will diminish significantly

Imo the two guys to move on from at this point are Randle and Russell... not because they are bad but because they have value and both can be used to entice teams to take on Deng and Moz's deals

If you really want PG and he is telling Indy its Lakers or FA... Russell / Deng / Nance and Houston's 1st rounder probably gets it done. I would try to do it for less but that is probably a realistic deal. Obviously PG is worth more on the open market but if he limits the market to the Lakers then it is what it is.

Those wanting to hate on Russell might be surprised to see he's putting in extra work at the gym so maybe he is maturing some after all: http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...aliers-twitter
    Last edited by bleedprple&gold; 03-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Those wanting to hate on Russell might be surprised to see he's putting in extra work at the gym so maybe he is maturing some after all: http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...aliers-twitter
    meh...

more branding opportunities...

The Social Media manipulation by these guys is so lame it isn't even funny

Wow.

...self-advertising nonsense to the nth degree.

Gross.

Fake news. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land:31527026
    Wow.

...self-advertising nonsense to the nth degree.

Gross.
    Ok so if he doesn't put in extra hours at the gym he's lazy? If he does put in extra hours its only for publicity? So no matter what he can do no right. Got it...
    Last edited by bleedprple&gold; 03-21-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast