Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    Ok so if he doesn't put in extra hours at the gym he's lazy? If he does put in extra hours its only for publicity? So no matter what he can do no right. Got it...
    this is the Lakers forum, son! you should be use to it. This place is not for the weak minded or the faint of heart.

Free As Seagull.

I'm GLAD I voted for Trump. He's gonna put all you lazy SOBs back 2 work! Dangelo Russell NEVER practiced before Trump was elected. FACT. Now look at him. You're welcome. Trump is president. You lost. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenged:31527220
    Ok so if he doesn't put in extra hours at the gym he's lazy? If he does put in extra hours its only for publicity? So no matter what he can do no right. Got it...
    this is the Lakers forum, son! you should be use to it. This place is not for the weak minded or the faint of heart.
    I'm not butt hurt just trying to figure out what people expect from the guy. Apparently anything less than the next Steph Curry and he's a bust according to this forum. Not that any of our opinions matter anyway. Russell will be what he will be regardless of what we say. Que sera sera

Ingram is looking better and better every game. Over his last 8 games he's averaging 14.5 PPG, 2.6 APG, and 4.1 RPG on 52% shooting from the field.

The main thing for me is the field goal percentage. He's obviously way more comfortable out there than he was earlier in the year. This guy looks like he's going to be such a good player.

For me, Ingram is the only untouchable player on this roster. We're probably going to have to trade one of our young guys for value, while in the process including one or both of Deng/Mosgov in the package (good luck with that). Especially since we are going to have to make a decision of whether Randle and Russell are going to be worth what they're asking for when they become free agents. We can't pay everyone what they're going to want, so we're going to have to decide who is worth keeping and get value for the guys that aren't. Next year is an audition year for the young guys to see who fits in and who doesn't. Ideally, I would like to keep all the young guys and have PG come over in free agency, but realistically, it's not going to be possible with the Deng and Mosgov contracts. Those are the contracts that screwed us and you can't really blame Magic and Pelinka for that because they're a big reason why we are going being inhibited in free agency and from signing our younger players to contracts in the future. We need to unload one of them and get as much value as we can.

It's just kind of hard because we tanked pretty hard to get our young guys. It's not an easy job for the front office because no matter what they do, it's going to be scrutinized by someone out there. I just hope if we do trade one or more of our young guys, we're getting really good value out of them.

I'm not butt hurt just trying to figure out what people expect from the guy. Apparently anything less than the next Steph Curry and he's a bust according to this forum. Not that any of our opinions matter anyway. Russell will be what he will be regardless of what we say. Que sera sera
    20 PPG, 7 APG, 5 RPG on 46% along with great defense, a good attitude, high basketball IQ, and no ice in my veins ****. Is that so hard? Geez.

Maybe he could stop shaving weird lines in his eyebrows too. A nice little windmill dunk would be nice every once in a while too. It's not that hard.
    Last edited by Hangin n Wangin; 03-21-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    20 PPG, 7 APG, 5 RPG on 46% along with great defense, a good attitude, high basketball IQ, and no ice in my veins ****. Is that so hard? Geez.

Maybe he could stop shaving weird lines in his eyebrows too. A nice little windmill dunk would be nice every once in a while too. It's not that hard.
    So... just don't be a douche.

No, dude. Just no.

After the incessant stream of summertime workout posts, which happened to callously extend into the regular season, he's actually the exact same player as last year.

Statistically, he's exhibited slight increases in a few spots, namely PER and PPG, but that's entirely attributable to the expected 3-point bump in his usage rate year over year.

So you can get super excited about his world-class work ethic and fresh-to-death eyebrow swag, but I'll look at the staunch reality instead; he's a knock-kneed millennial charlatan who'll vanish from any semblance of relevancy the minute he's no longer a Laker.
    "It's far better to see the world as it really is, than to persist in delusion, no matter how comforting and reassuring it may be."

This is just funny and absolutely meaningless but when you switch Dlo from pg to sg in 2K his overall rating goes up a few points. lol

Russell put his mark in Lakers history with his performance, per the Elias Sports Bureau (h/t Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News):

Mark Medina ✔ @MarkG_Medina
    Per Elias Sports Bureau, D’Angelo Russell (21 years, 24 days old) is youngest Lakers player with at least 40 points in a regular season game
    11:00 PM - 19 Mar 2017

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
    Kyrie Irving on competing against D'Angelo Russell: 'It's awesome to have competition like that on the floor. He's a great young player....

Serena Winters @SerenaWinters
    Kyrie continuing on D'Angelo: "I've been playing against him for a few years in the league, and I understand what he means to the Lakers."
    12:11 AM - 20 Mar 2017
    ----------------------------------
    Suckery at it's best...

Yea going to be good trade value for PG.

Russell just need to keep the scoring consistent for awhile and at the same time start to play defense to save his life. If he picks up his defense he will be an asset. The question still, is he going to be consistent?

Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    No, dude. Just no.

After the incessant stream of summertime workout posts, which happened to callously extend into the regular season, he's actually the exact same player as last year.

Statistically, he's exhibited slight increases in a few spots, namely PER and PPG, but that's entirely attributable to the expected 3-point bump in his usage rate year over year.

So you can get super excited about his world-class work ethic and fresh-to-death eyebrow swag, but I'll look at the staunch reality instead; he's a knock-kneed millennial charlatan who'll vanish from any semblance of relevancy the minute he's no longer a Laker.
    He's averaging over 2 more pts and approximately 1.5 assist more per game this season, while playing slightly fewer minutes (neither of which are trivial). It's okay not to like him, but no need to use silly logic to justify it like saying his bumps are due to a slight increase in usage rate. Just say you don't like him and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    I don't think he "sucks" either in the general sense as you have described...

what he is though is

entitled
    cocky for no reason - never done chit
    not a guy who is going to be a #1
    a negative influence on the other young players

The question you have to ask yourself is are you going to pay this guy max money in 2 years when he is eligible for an extension (10/18)...

If not you have to move on from him no later than next years deadline because his trade value will diminish significantly

Imo the two guys to move on from at this point are Randle and Russell... not because they are bad but because they have value and both can be used to entice teams to take on Deng and Moz's deals

If you really want PG and he is telling Indy its Lakers or FA... Russell / Deng / Nance and Houston's 1st rounder probably gets it done. I would try to do it for less but that is probably a realistic deal. Obviously PG is worth more on the open market but if he limits the market to the Lakers then it is what it is.
    This is actually a very reasonable take on Russell and Randle. I think both have the potential to turn into very good players, but are highly unlikely to be #1 guys, but they might become decent #2s or more plausible good #3s. I'd move them if we can send out Mozgov and Deng, particularly if we can get back an established player such as George.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    He's averaging over 2 more pts and approximately 1.5 assist more per game this season, while playing slightly fewer minutes (neither of which are trivial). It's okay not to like him, but no need to use silly logic to justify it like saying his bumps are due to a slight increase in usage rate. Just say you don't like him and that's enough.
    Hahahahahaha

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567