1 10.00%
  • Machado

3 30.00%
  • Both

4 40.00%
  • Neither let kids play

2 20.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    remember Manny has had major knee surgery twice now. This isnt like Tommy John where it usually only happens once

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I need a couple specifics. Are you looking for quantity or quality?
    Things to consider

1- Dead or alive or a combo?
    2-Fat or skinny?
    3- Sad or happy- this is important because the happy clowns are cannibals and will eat the sad ones first because the sad ones get really annoying in enclosed areas. The complaining and the tears are unbearable after around a half hour. And yes, we just eat them to get rid of them. We don't need to be hungry. We just all start on a limb and go to work. (we save their dick and anus, put them together sexually and throw them onto the street. I'm sure you've seen them before. We don't eat those parts. We have standards)
    4- Are you including midgets?
    5- Are you including female clowns? If you are, that creates a problem. Gestation period is extremely short and forcefully rapid. If on pair of male and female clowns are in your freezer, after a day or two there will be 20-30, that is dependent on whether the babies are sad or happy clowns, for the reason described above. Clown women have litters. So they obviously come out as all happy or all sad. If there is one happy clown in a litter of sad ones, that fetus will devour all the other ones. Those are the really good clowns. Fangs, claws hang out under your bed, steal your kid...

I guess I could have given you the short answer which is 7-9.
    That really depends. How many do you want? They will work around one another if you are trying to break your record of 37
    Why don't you come check my freezer out and let me know?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Why don't you come check my freezer out and let me know?
    It's a date!

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

It's a trap!
    Yes, yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Yes, yes it is.
    Wait, your anus is a trap or the freezer is?
    Or are the really the same thing? And freezer is just a metaphor for the cold, wide, barren, air tight quality of it?

Either answer is good.
    What time?
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 03-17-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Q: Why don't canibals eat clowns?

A: They say they taste funny.

To me the answer today is clearly Machado. We have multiple excellent outfield prospects that have high ceilings, obviously not as high as Harper's but not many do. Plus finding a big slugging OFer is easier than finding an elite 3rd baseman with a middle of the order bat.

Harper has to prove over the next 2 yrs that 15 wasn't just a career yr and he s capable of playing at an MVP caliber level consistently. If he cant do that he isnt worth the 35 to 40m that Boras has said they are looking for.

Machado fills a huge hole for us, has had consistent success in the AL East and has been a GG caliber As/MVP level player at a premium position that their really aren't that many elits 3rd baseman in this league.

We all have high hope for Andujar but even best case scenario he doesn't have Machados talent level. If we could build an entire championship caliber team from the farm that would be amazing but it hasnt been done before. You suppliment the core with elite player either through FA or trades.

Both these guys are going to be 27 when they hit FA's which make investing in the a hell of alot less scary. Were the Yanks and were going to spend big money no matter what.

I think one of the 2 is going to end up a Yankee. The smartest thing to do is wait and see what we see from the kids over the next couple yrs. Then it will be alot easier to see which one we want based on need. Until.then im just going to have a blast rooting for the kids and seeing which one turn out. Imo from what they have shown so far, Bird and Sanchez look like they are going to be elite players. Torres looks like a superstar and Judge looks like he is very capable of making the adjustments he needed to to make it. Now if we just have some luck with the pitching prospects we ll be doing very well
    Last edited by dayners81; 03-18-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Q: Why don't canibals eat clowns?

A: They say they taste funny.
    Nice!!

(Little known fact, most cannibals are in fact, Clowns)

Machado would be my pick for sure if we needed one of them

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    remember Manny has had major knee surgery twice now. This isnt like Tommy John where it usually only happens once

Just move him off 3rd base. His bat plays anywhere. He could also field multiple positions just fine. In fact, if I'm the Orioles, I would have kept him at SS when they had him playing there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Just move him off 3rd base. His bat plays anywhere. He could also field multiple positions just fine. In fact, if I'm the Orioles, I would have kept him at SS when they had him playing there for a while.
    Why? His value to Yanks is his glove at 3B. We don't need another SS. I think you are wasting talent moving him off 3B.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Why? His value to Yanks is his glove at 3B. We don't need another SS. I think you are wasting talent moving him off 3B.
    He's more valuable at SS with positional adjustments for offense. As good as his glove is, his bat is arguably just as if not more impressive and you want to preserve that offense because defense tends to regress much faster. Not to mention 3rd basemans tend to have shorter primes because of how taxing the position is physically. At that point you could trade Didi, Castro and/or Torres and pick up a nice rotation piece.

The Yankees have enough fluidity that they can move pieces around the infield but if you are going to give Machado 300+ million dollars you want to preserve his bat as long as you possibly can, especially considering he is becoming one of the more elite offensive players in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's more valuable at SS with positional adjustments for offense. As good as his glove is, his bat is arguably just as if not more impressive and you want to preserve that offense because defense tends to regress much faster. Not to mention 3rd basemans tend to have shorter primes because of how taxing the position is physically. At that point you could trade Didi, Castro and/or Torres and pick up a nice rotation piece.

The Yankees have enough fluidity that they can move pieces around the infield but if you are going to give Machado 300+ million dollars you want to preserve his bat as long as you possibly can, especially considering he is becoming one of the more elite offensive players in baseball.
    I have always been under the impression that SS is the most taxing position in the field, aside from catcher. That's why we see aging SS moved to third as they age and not the reverse.

I could be completely wrong but it was always my understanding that the ground covered and things like DPs made SS way more physically taxing.

I have always been under the impression that SS is the most taxing position in the field, aside from catcher. That's why we see aging SS moved to third as they age and not the reverse.

I could be completely wrong but it was always my understanding that the ground covered and things like DPs made SS way more physically taxing.
    I think 3rd and SS are right in the same range. I think your skill set for SS generally deteriorates more quickly (ie. your range and arm strength go first) and the potential for more serious injury is there (collisions at 2nd base or OFers) but third probably leads to more nagging injuries. But that could be that 3rd basemen are generally less flexible and althelic than SS which leads to more injuries.

But they are probably more or less on par with each other, but SS sees more catastrophic injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I think 3rd and SS are right in the same range. I think your skill set for SS generally deteriorates more quickly (ie. your range and arm strength go first) and the potential for more serious injury is there (collisions at 2nd base or OFers) but third probably leads to more nagging injuries. But that could be that 3rd basemen are generally less flexible and althelic than SS which leads to more injuries.

But they are probably more or less on par with each other, but SS sees more catastrophic injuries.

I would agree, except the SS is required to have more range, the 3B a slightly stronger arm. Imo range and quickness are the first to deteriorate. Rarely do we see a 3B move to SS, however quite common to see the reverse. Machado may be an exception, he is truly gifted. With so many SS in the system already, imo he better serves the Yanks as a 3B. At 25-26 he could man the corner for many more years.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I would agree, except the SS is required to have more range, the 3B a slightly stronger arm. Imo range and quickness are the first to deteriorate. Rarely do we see a 3B move to SS, however quite common to see the reverse. Machado may be an exception, he is truly gifted. With so many SS in the system already, imo he better serves the Yanks as a 3B. At 25-26 he could man the corner for many more years.
    Ok So between you and NJ, I'm not losing my mind regarding that. I am for many other reasons bu not that.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast