• Machado

3 30.00%
  • Both

4 40.00%
  • Neither let kids play

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Poll Harper or Machado

In Yankee debate between Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, here’s who MLB execs picked.

Bryce Harper may be better fitted for Yankee Stadium, but Manny Machado would fill the Bombers' void at the hot corner.

John Harper
    JOHN HARPER
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Updated: Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 12:24 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...7963?cid=bitly
    Last edited by drt1010; 03-15-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I voted neither but there's a caveat. If Andujar is a bust, I would grab Machado.

I don't want Bryce. I'll root for him if he's here but while he plays hard as hell, I think he's got a crap attitude.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

As much as I am enjoying seeing a new generation of prospects getting their shot....Harper and Machado are amazing talents.

Resetting the Luxury Tax serves only one purpose...allowing us to sign solid talent!

Want to see Harper pulling shorties over the RF wall for the next couple of years.

Machado would be a bonus.
    We’re pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isn’t about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The “Holy Trinity” of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

I'd prefer Manny Machado.

Harper's swing is tailor made for YS. That said, Machado may be the better player. He's certainly the more consistent one.

That said, I wouldn't focus on position players if I was the Yankees. They have a lot of good young positional player talent. It's starting pitching they need.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-15-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Give me Harper. It also depends on how they preform up to that point as well.

Harper has something to prove this season, namely last years slash was an aberration. His swing is better suited to YS and he has a bit more power. Machado's glove is so smooth. Would be a pleasure to have an all star GG 3B again and 30+ HR's. I want both, I'm a greedy spoiled Yankee fan. That said, I would not be disappointed if the kids render the $800M investment moot. We need pitching now and in the immediate future.

However it does seem all the Cash machinations, resetting the clock ect., are pointing to acquiring at least one of the two.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I voted neither but there's a caveat. If Andujar is a bust, I would grab Machado.

I don't want Bryce. I'll root for him if he's here but while he plays hard as hell, I think he's got a crap attitude.
    I disagree. I like a player with attitude. Sometimes that is what it takes. Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, Reggie Jackson to name a few. I played basketball and baseball at the college level and i was pretty good. I was a prick though, i hated losing, hell, I hated making a bad play. I think i was a good teammate though because i A) held people accountable, B) still expected more out of myself then others, and C) gave everything i had. I think that my teammates realized I needed to do that to be sucessful.

In baseball: i hated the other teams pitcher and wanted to hit every pitch right though his face. That being said, i also didnt want to really hurt anyone (but I would take that base hit every time). In basketball: my aggressiveness and a-hole tendencies didnt take away from my team play, it just made me play harder.

So i get it. If it is your hatred of losing (MJ), fear of embarrassment, or need for self-promotion (A-Rod, Reggie) that drives you to being your best, I get it and if thats what makes you great, i will take it.

You dont get to elite levels without something that drives you and some sort of sacrifice. So I dont really care as long as you bring it everyday and don't bring the team down (ala Monte Ellis and Carmelo Anthony- he aint that bad though, his style just isn't that of a winner)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bryce Harper - we have outfield options and he is a premadonna

Manny Machado - more mature and fills current need

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    I disagree. I like a player with attitude. Sometimes that is what it takes. Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson, Reggie Jackson to name a few. I played basketball and baseball at the college level and i was pretty good. I was a prick though, i hated losing, hell, I hated making a bad play. I think i was a good teammate though because i A) held people accountable, B) still expected more out of myself then others, and C) gave everything i had. I think that my teammates realized I needed to do that to be sucessful.

In baseball: i hated the other teams pitcher and wanted to hit every pitch right though his face. That being said, i also didnt want to really hurt anyone (but I would take that base hit every time). In basketball: my aggressiveness and a-hole tendencies didnt take away from my team play, it just made me play harder.

So i get it. If it is your hatred of losing (MJ), fear of embarrassment, or need for self-promotion (A-Rod, Reggie) that drives you to being your best, I get it and if thats what makes you great, i will take it.

You dont get to elite levels without something that drives you and some sort of sacrifice. So I dont really care as long as you bring it everyday and don't bring the team down (ala Monte Ellis and Carmelo Anthony- he aint that bad though, his style just isn't that of a winner)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I agree. What I care about most is performance on the field that translates into wins! Desire, intensity and a competitive spirit that hates to lose. If it comes off as arrogance so be it, sometimes it's the key to successful performance. Belief in one's ability and never accepting defeat easily. We aren't poker or golf buddies. Just win.
    My only concern with a genuine a-hole is clubhouse dynamic and effect on team chemistry.

Either or both guys would have a huge impact on this team. I don't want to sound like I don't believe that would be the case.

I would just love to win by having the farm be so good it would sustain the team.

I am also concerned that adding a contract like theirs would be prohibitive when it came to signing the guys from the farm. If Torres and Frazier become what they are supposed to be, that will mean the yankees will need the money for Sanchez, Bird, Torres, Frazier, Judge, a pitching staff and one or both of Machado or Harper. It isn't sustainable.

I think the better question is, is how many clowns I can stuff into my basement freezer.

Harper has the higher ceiling of the two, but Manny is more consistent. They both are dream talents to get. I wouldn't mind either, but if I had too choose one, it'd be Manny.

Not sure, but does Torres play 3rd while Didi plays short and Mateo plays 2nd?

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I think the better question is, is how many clowns I can stuff into my basement freezer.

I need a couple specifics. Are you looking for quantity or quality?
    Things to consider

1- Dead or alive or a combo?
    2-Fat or skinny?
    3- Sad or happy- this is important because the happy clowns are cannibals and will eat the sad ones first because the sad ones get really annoying in enclosed areas. The complaining and the tears are unbearable after around a half hour. And yes, we just eat them to get rid of them. We don't need to be hungry. We just all start on a limb and go to work. (we save their dick and anus, put them together sexually and throw them onto the street. I'm sure you've seen them before. We don't eat those parts. We have standards)
    4- Are you including midgets?
    5- Are you including female clowns? If you are, that creates a problem. Gestation period is extremely short and forcefully rapid. If on pair of male and female clowns are in your freezer, after a day or two there will be 20-30, that is dependent on whether the babies are sad or happy clowns, for the reason described above. Clown women have litters. So they obviously come out as all happy or all sad. If there is one happy clown in a litter of sad ones, that fetus will devour all the other ones. Those are the really good clowns. Fangs, claws hang out under your bed, steal your kid...

I guess I could have given you the short answer which is 7-9.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I think the better question is, is how many clowns I can stuff into my anus
    That really depends. How many do you want? They will work around one another if you are trying to break your record of 37

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast