Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    I'm not as familiar with the Baylor situation but if criminal action or cover up is taking place then you have to make a hard stance.
    In the post above I highlighted some of the issues. 52 rapes in 4 years that got all the way to the Board or Regents who admitted to doing stuff to cover up the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Penn State needs to own what happened and make a sincere effort to move past it and ensure it never happens again, until they do that, then administration is condoning what Paterno allowed to happen.
    They have done everything and more that the NCAA has asked them, payed out in every civil suit, and complied with every judge to release anything they had.Was it somewhat tonedeaf what they did honoring Paterno? Sure.

But what do you have to say about the NCAA that re-instated JoePa's wins?

Also having worked for PSU before and after the incident, more specifically in the athletics department, I can tell you how dramatically different things are and how different they still are. Testing on reporting every 6 months, mandated seminars on reporting and spotting abuse every 3 months, strict rules put into place on everything, and security cameras everywhere.

NOT MY GM

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well it seems as if Baylor heads knew about it if you are following that case at all.

Also at Baylor there was 52 rapes in a 4 year span.

And bunches of reports where people said things in court like:

So basically if you have no problem with NCAA waiting on this, when they acted so swiftly to punish PSU then doesn't PSU deserve the chance to resurrect themselves?
    Who has no problem with the NCAA waiting on anything?

I said if the higher ups in the athletic department and school officials knew then they should get the death penalty.

If it were up to me Penn State would have had a bigger punishment. Vanderbilt would have got hit big time. And Baylor would get crushed like a tomato can.

If you want this stop. And everybody should want this to stop. You can't hand out half *** punishments.

So lets say Baylor University. You go in and take away all new scholarships for 4 years. You give them a 4-year postseason ban. Kinda like what Penn State originally got before the NCAA took it all back after the media died down....

You allow any player on that team to immediately transfer to another school of equal or lesser value from a scholarship standpoint. And Baylor pays the bill.

I would put even more restrictions than that but thats just off the top of my head.

Now something that they haven't done. You make it where the AD, Head Coach and any other Athletics or school official found of wrong doing can't work in NCAA athletics anymore.

Is that hard? Yeah. But I promise you it would stop +90% of this from happening anymore.

Marcus Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    In the post above I highlighted some of the issues. 52 rapes in 4 years that got all the way to the Board or Regents who admitted to doing stuff to cover up the investigation.

They have done everything and more that the NCAA has asked them, payed out in every civil suit, and complied with every judge to release anything they had.Was it somewhat tonedeaf what they did honoring Paterno? Sure.

But what do you have to say about the NCAA that re-instated JoePa's wins?

Also having worked for PSU before and after the incident, more specifically in the athletics department, I can tell you how dramatically different things are and how different they still are. Testing on reporting every 6 months, mandated seminars on reporting and spotting abuse every 3 months, strict rules put into place on everything, and security cameras everywhere.
    NCAA should have dissolved the football program, if I'm making the decision that is my ruling and I am preparing lawyers for when they fight it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12