Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    36,789

    PSU Athletics 20-year Plan

    PSU Athletics announced a new 20-year plan for the entire athletic department.

    A big part is going to be a complete overhaul of Beaver Stadium.

    A peak at what they want:

    NOT MY GM

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    43,264
    20-Year Plan? What is it.... Not rape anybody?


    Marcus Mariota

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,737
    Almost every athletic program has some sort of long term renovations and plan..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    36,789
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Almost every athletic program has some sort of long term renovations and plan..
    Does every one of them include a major renovation to of one of the biddest stadiums in football?

    FWIW Beaver Stadium desperately needs it. It's not falling apart but they've only added to it along the way, never fixed actual problems.

    NOT MY GM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Does every one of them include a major renovation to of one of the biddest stadiums in football?

    FWIW Beaver Stadium desperately needs it. It's not falling apart but they've only added to it along the way, never fixed actual problems.
    Let it fall...after what school presidents, Joe Paterno, and more knowingly let happen let it fall.

    The current administration seems to be tolerant and want to restore the image of a guy that not only protected a pedephile but fed him people.

    As long as PSU wants to honor that sorry SOB for what he could have stopped and didn't, then they don't deserve a damn thing.

    Clear that person from your school records books, any buildings, and start to build on a legacy of respect and trust than great and you are fixing your image but until they do that, they are still trying honor someone that protected and fed people to a pedophile

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,412
    This really has nothing to do with the OP's topic but as an IA fan I am somewhat envious of how PSU Football has been able to turn it around so fast. I mean seriously, had this been a problem at IA we would have been doomed and probably taken 10+ years to dig ourselves out. I'm glad to see they are doing well, CFB is better when they are doing well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,575
    It will be great when people can post about PSU football in any forum on the internet without the inevitable, immature Paterno/Sandusky/rape jokes being inserted at any cost. Grow up people, PSU is a program that has eliminated everyone from that scandal and has turned the page completely. These young players, coaches, students, alumni and fans had nothing to do with all of that and have worked hard to turn PSU back into a college football contender.
    Last edited by Beltrans Mole; 03-14-2017 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    This really has nothing to do with the OP's topic but as an IA fan I am somewhat envious of how PSU Football has been able to turn it around so fast. I mean seriously, had this been a problem at IA we would have been doomed and probably taken 10+ years to dig ourselves out. I'm glad to see they are doing well, CFB is better when they are doing well.
    I have no problem with Penn St. doing well now. I do have a problem with them not completely wiping Paterno and anyone else from that regime from their history.

    And wait, so you're saying that if this happened at U. of Iowa, that it would take 10+ years for them to return to being an average team that inflates their record with easy non-conference games and an extremely weak Division in a weak Big 10?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    I have no problem with Penn St. doing well now. I do have a problem with them not completely wiping Paterno and anyone else from that regime from their history.

    And wait, so you're saying that if this happened at U. of Iowa, that it would take 10+ years for them to return to being an average team that inflates their record with easy non-conference games and an extremely weak Division in a weak Big 10?
    This is the point I was making. They tried to bring the Joe statue back. Current administration is trying to revive his legacy, and its one that got children raped. Joe could have stopped it but he funneled children, the administration could have stopped it, but chose not to, current administration is trying to bring that back (edit: bring back that legacy that allowed that).
    Last edited by PhillyFaninLA; 03-14-2017 at 11:41 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    It will be great when people can post about PSU football in any forum on the internet without the inevitable, immature Paterno/Sandusky/rape jokes being inserted at any cost. Grow up people, PSU is a program that has eliminated everyone from that scandal and has turned the page completely. These young players, coaches, students, alumni and fans had nothing to do with all of that and have worked hard to turn PSU back into a college football contender.
    My post was serious and not a rape joke, this was probably aimed at the other person posting about what happened, but don't make light have Joe Paterno and school officials funneling children to a pedephile, don't make light of the current administration still trying to honor Paterno. That is horrible and offensive as a human.

    You know a human that thinks raping children is wrong, defend them, and you can be mistaken as condoning what happened.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    43,264
    And then go out and hire James Franklin whose Vanderbilt team turned that campus into Rape University.

    He knew about a gang-rape and seen the video and told the players to delete the videos and then tried to say later that he didn't see any videos and was just trying to scare them.

    He contacted a rape victim who was a hostess on recruiting days and told her that he was sorry about what happened because she had done so much to help them in recruiting.

    But yeah Penn State hires this guy despite a laundry list of rape accusations and charges against his team.

    Then try to restore the things honoring Joe Paterno.

    But yeah they have turned the page completely.... LMAO


    Marcus Mariota

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    36,789
    I got a question for ya'll that rip on PSU:

    How do you feel about Baylor who's seemingly getting by without punishment for a coach that hid much much more.

    I'm also one of those that believe that Joe Pa didn't know the depth and scope of what happened.

    And I don't really care to get into the argument. My degree says Penn State but I'm a Uconn Husky at heart.

    NOT MY GM

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,872
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I got a question for ya'll that rip on PSU:

    How do you feel about Baylor who's seemingly getting by without punishment for a coach that hid much much more.

    I'm also one of those that believe that Joe Pa didn't know the depth and scope of what happened.

    And I don't really care to get into the argument. My degree says Penn State but I'm a Uconn Husky at heart.
    I don't judge a PSU degree...and I seem to recall it was all but said before Joe Paterno died that he was aware of what was going on but didn't do anything about it, I also remember hearing the president and AD knew what was going on.

    You have a degree from a good school, I wouldn't judge that. My problem is not with the school its with the administration trying to honor that part of there history.

    I'm not as familiar with the Baylor situation but if criminal action or cover up is taking place then you have to make a hard stance.

    Penn State needs to own what happened and make a sincere effort to move past it and ensure it never happens again, until they do that, then administration is condoning what Paterno allowed to happen.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    43,264
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I got a question for ya'll that rip on PSU:

    How do you feel about Baylor who's seemingly getting by without punishment for a coach that hid much much more.

    I'm also one of those that believe that Joe Pa didn't know the depth and scope of what happened.

    And I don't really care to get into the argument. My degree says Penn State but I'm a Uconn Husky at heart.
    If the heads in the Athletic department and other higher up school officials knew and swept it under the rug.... Then Baylor deserves the death penalty.

    That is why this is an issue. Because the consequences are not severe enough to make programs keep this from being an issue.

    You cannot tell me that Penn State learned their lesson when they hired James Franklin who had 11 rape accusations against his program in a 2-year span of which 3 led to convictions (1 of those convictions being a gang rape).


    Marcus Mariota

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    36,789
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    If the heads in the Athletic department and other higher up school officials knew and swept it under the rug.... Then Baylor deserves the death penalty.

    That is why this is an issue. Because the consequences are not severe enough to make programs keep this from being an issue.

    You cannot tell me that Penn State learned their lesson when they hired James Franklin who had 11 rape accusations against his program in a 2-year span of which 3 led to convictions (1 of those convictions being a gang rape).
    Well it seems as if Baylor heads knew about it if you are following that case at all.

    Also at Baylor there was 52 rapes in a 4 year span.

    And bunches of reports where people said things in court like:
    It alleges the culture was enabled by staff using "sex to sell" the program, escorting underage recruits to bars and strip clubs and paying for off campus parties where gang rapes occurred, and by top school officials who interfered with or discouraged investigations.
    Baylor's own Board of Regents admitted the mishandling of sex assault reports involving 17 women and 19 football players between 2011-2015, including four alleged gang rapes, to the Wall Street Journal.
    So basically if you have no problem with NCAA waiting on this, when they acted so swiftly to punish PSU then doesn't PSU deserve the chance to resurrect themselves?

    NOT MY GM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •