Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1129
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Barring injuries (which is a big if for us), I'd be surprised if we're picking in the top 5 again. I could honestly see us steal the next two games.
    Both very winnable games. The defense needs to take that next step and generate turnovers, and the offense needs to find a better balance between the run and throwing downfield. The Bears don't have great weapons, but a good running game and competent play calling should be able to muster up more than the 5 yd combo platter.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Both very winnable games. The defense needs to take that next step and generate turnovers, and the offense needs to find a better balance between the run and throwing downfield. The Bears don't have great weapons, but a good running game and competent play calling should be able to muster up more than the 5 yd combo platter.
    Defense just needs to keep doing what they're doing minus the 2 big **** ups in coverage (which I'm sure they're rewatching multiple times in the film room). The hardest part for us will be getting defenses to back off with Glennon under center unfortunately. If he has a similar performance I would think it's time for Trub.

Defense just needs to keep doing what they're doing minus the 2 big **** ups in coverage (which I'm sure they're rewatching multiple times in the film room). The hardest part for us will be getting defenses to back off with Glennon under center unfortunately. If he has a similar performance I would think it's time for Trub.
    Unfortunately, I think Glennon is getting at least 3-4 games no matter what. He'll get a quarter of the season, IMO. But Trubs is playing the majority of the year. No defense is ever going to back off Glennon. When you're as dysfunctional in the pocket as Glennon is, and immobile as he is, defenses don't have to worry because he kills so many plays for himself and the offense. Some of those sacks he took against Atlanta could have been completions if he was more competent in the pocket. Even if the Bears had great weapons, defenses would still have a pretty easy time against him.

I was just replying to Kyben, but I don't think we're landing in the top 5, unless the injuries are out of control again.

I think there's a decent chance they're 2-2 in these first 4 and I'm guessing Glennon ***** the bed enough in one of them that he's replaced sooner than later.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    We're one game into the season...with Glenoon starting...and it's likely the Bears are drafting top 5? I don't see it. I think Trubs will come in somewhere over the next 4 games, and manage to win a decent number of games behind a very solid defense and a dynamic running game. 7-9 was my prediction before the season and I'm sticking to it.
    Dude. I might agree. But this injury bug is gerting serious and we are one week in.

We have arguably our top 3 receivers down (pending where you place wheaton)
    Starting Pro bowl caliber ILB is out and i think he could have been the biggest impact player on our D.
    Prince has yet to really see the field.
    Long is still not back and we are not sure what he will be when he gets there.

I mean. How many more injuries until the season is shot. How good do you really think a rok QB can be and how much can he carry.

How many weeks till zack miller goes down.
    How many weeks until one of our linemen go down (likely to happen)
    What happens if god forbid howard goes down. Can we really cound on Cohen

I know its too early. But we have already lost a lot one week into the season. Barring perfect health. I don't see us getting to far.

Barring injuries (which is a big if for us), I'd be surprised if we're picking in the top 5 again. I could honestly see us steal the next two games.
    That injury thing is huge. I just worry. I mean. Does anyone remember last year having our top two qbs go doen in like a 3 game stretch. It could happen again. A i pray it doesnt. But how mang key starters can we replace before the season becones shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I was just replying to Kyben, but I don't think we're landing in the top 5, unless the injuries are out of control again.

I think there's a decent chance they're 2-2 in these first 4 and I'm guessing Glennon ***** the bed enough in one of them that he's replaced sooner than later.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Im not as down on this team (if healthy) but i think that loosing freeman is a huge blow to the defense. Being down 3 wrs sucks. And i have had this bad feeling in my gut since the offseason that Howard goes down. Stack on a few more injuries. That are bound to happen (zack miler or Goldman ) im nust not sure we have a tallented enough depth to make up for it.

We will obviously have to see. Health is the key. But what happens if (god forbid) mitch goes down. I think a lot of you have a lot of stock in hin coming in a playing well. But I just can't help but feel pessimistic as injuries are already flying off the handle.

But if you could answer me this. How few major injuries would we need to have in order to. Not let this season get out of hand. If two more starters go down. (Probably pretty likely ) can we possibly support that. What if its more. I just get this eiry feeling that by the end of the year. We have 6 or so guys who should be staetin out with pretty major injuries. And going into week two. We already have 3 in Cam White and Freeman. And all the question marks of wheaton Prince and Long. And unfortunatly. While the 3 I mentioned should come back. I just get the feeling its gonna get worse. Not better.

Saw on the homepage but rumor josh gordon could be reinstated. Are we that desprate for a guy who has proven he can't stay on the field longer that it takes to light up

Also just realized he is still under contract with Cleveland somehow. I figured they would have cut ties
    Last edited by Kyben36; 09-13-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    This. Like I get it... It's a violent sport but geez we lead the league basically every year or near the top in injuries. They need to figure this crap out and get it solved.
    No one agrees but I still think we need new strength and condition coaches. Would help keep our defensive guys from getting winded early in the game and would help mitigate the endless soft tissue injuries. Need our players bodies more than just strong. Also need a trainers to know when its time to pull a guy out for a few plays. Guys over fatigued or has a concussion or doesnt have the small and large muscles conditioned correctly for a high impact sport bad things are going to happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Saw on the homepage but rumor josh gordon could be reinstated. Are we that desprate for a guy who has proven he can't stay on the field longer that it takes to light up

Also just realized he is still under contract with Cleveland somehow. I figured they would have cut ties
    It is such an overreach by any company to drug test an employee-aside from positions where heavy machinery is near/being used. Ooooh, he smokes Marijuana (which by the way, was named just that to demonize it). Obviously, he's an idiot for continuing to do it but he's a hell of a WR.

Yes, please. I'll take Gordon.
    Last edited by blams; 09-13-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    It is such an overreach by any company to drug test an employee-aside from positions where heavy machinery is near/being used. Ooooh, he smokes Marijuana (which by the way, was named just that to demonize it). Obviously, he's an idiot for continuing to do it but he's a hell of a WR.

Yes, please. I'll take Gordon.
    Problem is the nfl is known for drug testing. Known to dispise pot. And he has gotten caught like 3 times already. I dont look down on him for smoking but to be that stupid. You could be making millions instead you are in rehab.

If Josh Gordan is actually available, it doesn't really matter how stupid he is, on the outside chance he can still contribute as an NFL wide receiver, the Bears have little to lose in giving him a shot. Worse case scenario, he gets busted again and we cut him for pretty much no loss as I imagine any contract he signs would have to be a 1 year commitment. I don't see what the dilemma here is.

Call it a desparate move, but I mean look at the current wide receiving corps. We kind of are desparate I would think.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    If Josh Gordan is actually available, it doesn't really matter how stupid he is, on the outside chance he can still contribute as an NFL wide receiver, the Bears have little to lose in giving him a shot. Worse case scenario, he gets busted again and we cut him for pretty much no loss as I imagine any contract he signs would have to be a 1 year commitment. I don't see what the dilemma here is.

Call it a desparate move, but I mean look at the current wide receiving corps. We kind of are desparate I would think.
    He's still under contract with the Browns

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    He's still under contract with the Browns
    I mean, I'm thinking further ahead under the assumption that upon reinstatement, the Browns release him anyway. I don't know if they actually would, but I was under the impression that's what was happening.

Bottom line: The Bears need impact talent at wide receiver and Josh Gordan gives us a guy capable of being an impact talent. It's not really hard to see the fit there if the Bears are willing to give him a try.

People will flip out if he messes up again, but take a year and it's something no one remembers or cares about. So long as they're not putting all the eggs in his basket, there's little criticism to be made from an organization's side of things. At some point, you gotta win games.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

I'm all for Flash Gordon coming here , sounds like he really turning himself around . Just hopes he gets a chance somewhere if he truly chanted he's crazy talented

Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast