Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Where have you been ? Mitch has been getting praise mostly all mini camp
    where have you see. it. I surely either missed it or just don't know where to look. and if it was the case he was receiving praise. you would figure this place would be buzzing with anticipation. but it's like a ghost town here. less than a post a day since the dust from the draft settled. I surely have not seen anyone here with any matetial. and I have not seen any articles from the typical spots either.

I think we are all holding our breath and waiting for training camp.
    This is not the best year, so far to be a Chicago sports fan.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

2017 Free Agent/Trade/Cuts General Front Office Discussion Vol. III

Mitch has been getting a ton of praise for his ball placement and accuracy. Having never taken snaps under center before it's gonna be a learning process for him. But he will be fine.

It is highly likely that isn't going to be pretty for Trubisky. That is just how it is going to be while he learns the game. QB is 95% problem solving IMO; and he is jumping from pre-algebra to calculus. Either he figures out when, where, and how to get the ball to his pass catchers, or he doesn't; it is that simple. There isn't a whole lot the coaches can do when it comes to processing IMO. Either it clicks or it doesn't. Physically everything is there. His footwork needs to be cleaner, but that is secondary to the mental processing, especially post snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    where have you see. it. I surely either missed it or just don't know where to look. and if it was the case he was receiving praise. you would figure this place would be buzzing with anticipation. but it's like a ghost town here. less than a post a day since the dust from the draft settled. I surely have not seen anyone here with any matetial. and I have not seen any articles from the typical spots either.
    Are you really surprised after so many posters and the media melted down over Pace trading up for the QB he wanted?

The one negative I've heard from the OTA's was there were a lot of drops by the WR's. I didn't hear anything bad about Trubisky or Glennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilo View Post
    Are you really surprised after so many posters and the media melted down over Pace trading up for the QB he wanted?

The one negative I've heard from the OTA's was there were a lot of drops by the WR's. I didn't hear anything bad about Trubisky or Glennon.
    no. we have not heard anything bad. but like I said. if he was getting real praise looking really good. . we would really hear about it.

and I. not only talking about Mitch. I was hoping that glennon would look good. but it does not seem to be the case.

no. we have not heard anything bad. but like I said. if he was getting real praise looking really good. . we would really hear about it.

and I. not only talking about Mitch. I was hoping that glennon would look good. but it does not seem to be the case.
    There is very little reason to expect anything new out of Glennon. His prior performance in Tampa suggests a Kyle Orton-ish QB IMO, or Alex Smith-lite. If we get that, Pace probably has to be very happy. That is net neutral QB play on a nothing contract going forward. That is probably worth a win or 2 more on the record while not standing in the way of replacing him in 2018.

I still think Trubisky should start. By not starting him, 2018 is also a throw away season IMO. That said, Pace is committed to this old school approach.

2017 Free Agent/Trade/Cuts General Front Office Discussion Vol. III

Zachary Orr anyone?

It's early. I have read that Glennon took charge pretty quickly and organized independent practices with WR's & TE's. Also, Trubisky joined in these throwing sessions. I think that's a good start. If nothing else their dedication to what they do will be a positive.

Glennon may be better than average utilizing the short passing game if he can lead receivers with his throws. I don't expect a lot from Trubisky. It's a big jump to the NFL everything is faster. Decision making has to become instinctive. Defenses mask what they are doing and set traps and the passing windows close quicker.

Jay Cutler V2.0 and V3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    Jay Cutler V2.0 and V3.0?
    but even jay had praise at training camp. that's why I am worried.

You're jumping the gun. Wait until the 3rd pre-season game. Jay had all kind of praise in the off season every year and then always alienated everyone and imploded on the field when it counted. From what I've read and heard so far, Glennon sounds like a steady guy with a team first approach. He's been in the league long enough to have a good feel for the speed of the game and should be competent in the short passing game. Trubisky is young, energetic, detail oriented, dedicated and has the better arm with very good accuracy. He will be our guy in a year or two. I don't see any need to rush him on the field.

Wow ...
    can we just put the Cutler analogies to bed already.
    Right or wrong, good or bad Jay was what he was, but he's gone now.

How about we actually play a few games before we start labeling either Glennon or Trubisky.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Wow ...
    can we just put the Cutler analogies to bed already.
    Right or wrong, good or bad Jay was what he was, but he's gone now.

How about we actually play a few games before we start labeling either Glennon or Trubisky.
    preach

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

I havent really heard much praise about anyone except shaheen making a few great catches, floyd bulking up and tripbiscuits grasping the offense quicker than expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast